Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Disney Chase Visa in the Vacation Planning forums; I recently got my Disney Chase card with the rewards program. My question is.... I specifically got this card to build points for my annual pass renewal. I know some ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney Chase Visa

I recently got my Disney Chase card with the rewards program. My question is.... I specifically got this card to build points for my annual pass renewal. I know some folks gonna say you have to spend a bunch but my fuel bill for the truck runs about 8 to 10,000 a month right now so I think I can cut a sizable chunk out of it.
    How many points do they give on what amount?? How do I redeem and how often??

DisneyTeach08 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Tmntrans!

We have a Disney Chase card and LOVE it! For every $100 you spend (and pay off) you get one Disney reward point. You can manage your rewards on their website. When you redeem the points they will send you a card that will act like a credit card and you can spend them at participating Disney stores/parks. I am assuming that you could use the card when you purchase your annual pass. We just redeemed 210 points and will use them on our trip this week. It is pretty easy to rack up the points, especially if you put your Disney trip on the card. And I agree...with the gas prices the way they are right now, you can rack up points pretty quickly that way too! Hope this helps!

ryankcr is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is also an 800 number that you can call to redeem points. We were able to add points while on vacation last year at WDW to our existing card. I think once you get your card you have to redeem in lots of 10 points (it may be 50 to get your first card) but it's been awhile and someone else may have a clearer memory on this.
    These are a fewof our favorite things

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    So is 1 point worth 1 dollar??

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    1 point for every $100 dollars spent

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Then once you get that 1 point you can spend it on something that cost $1.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You have to redeem a minimum of 20 points to get the card and can add a minimum of 10 points or more at any time to an existing card. We just returned from WDW on Saturday and we use the points at world of disney in DTD and I don't have to worry about how much the DW and DD spend there. Plus just for showing your disney visa at world of disney you get a 10% discount. There is a web site that explains all the benefits of the disney visa: www.disney rewards visa card from chase. There is alot of good information on that site for new cardholders. The rewards cards are good for about 2 years, but just remember once you put the rewards dollars and the card you have to use them before the card expires or you lose them and you can't transfer them back to your account. We have the card since it first came out and love it. You will accumalate alot of points if you spend $8000 or $10000 a month on the card to keep the truck gassed up. There used to be an annual limit on the amount of rewards you could get but I think they raised it or eliminated it. Check it out with Chase.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Oh yeah, you still get the rewards on your card purchases even if you don't pay it off in full every month. You just don't get rewards on any balance you carry, just in the month you make the purchase.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Also if by chance you forget to redeem your points before you leave or if there is not enough time to recieve them before you go you can apply for them right at guest services. Not sure if you can apply for them at all guest services but we did it at Magic Kingdom and we recieved our point card right then and there, it just took a quick call to Visa with a CM helping us.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quick Question - how long does the Disney Rewards Card last? It says that I can transfer into the card, but must use the points before the expiration date on the card. Do you know how long the card is good for when you first get it?

Thanks!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Its usually good for about 2 years. I got one January '07 and loaded it again this June('08) The expiration date on the card is Dec. '08. Just make sure you use all your points once you transfer them to a card or they expire when the card does.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I use my points every year to help pay for my seasonal pass. I put all of my gas, groceries, and everything I can on the card to rack up the points. And you will get lots of comments about the card when you use it from the cashiers, because it is so cute! I just ordered the Nemo design. I had classic Mickey, but I want something new.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    How far in advance do I need to get my reward card and transfer points? I guess I'm just wondering how long it takes to get the inital card.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think it took about three weeks to get my card.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I think it took about three weeks to get my card.
    Thanks! I'll go ahead and request one and then finish loading it later I guess. Better safe than sorry.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast