Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss January Deals in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know of or has anyone found and used a company that offers package deals for WDW trips in January? We are going back next January and I would ...
    ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question January Deals

Does anyone know of or has anyone found and used a company that offers package deals for WDW trips in January? We are going back next January and I would love to get a great deal somehow. I have been in contact with Mousefan.travel but no feedback yet because rates are not out yet for '09. Thanks for any info you pros can give.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I don't know of any off hand but it's a good time of year to go, crowds are low and it's value season. You could check with AAA, maybe they have something avaible. I'm surprised that the rates aren't out yet, it's only 6 months away
    ok I'm editing this to add that I did a quick search and found that the rates will not posted till around mid-August. Someone on another forum posted that you may be able to get rates if you call Disney, you probably will not get any great package by doing that buy at least you may be able to get an idea of what you'll be spending.
    Last edited by GIOny; 06-28-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for responding.

We went to WDW this past January and loved it. We couldn't book our trip until about mid August last year. We booked thru Disney last year but I am always looking for that deal that blows my mind. If you find anything please post it here as will I.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    For the past few years Disney has offered some sort of promotion for Janaury, so I would think that it is a good guess that they will offer something this January - especially if the economy stays the same.

The key is to get booked into the resort that you prefer (in the budget that works) and then if a promotion is released, have that applied straight away. Disney will not re-rate your package automatically; however the agent you are working with will no doubt be sure to have any promotions applied to your reservation when released.

As for 2009 packages, historically we will see these in August; however if you want to stay in a particular resort, Disney will allow you to book a room-only reservation to 'save the space' at non-guaranteed rates (meaning, they reserve the right to change the rate once the 2009 rates are released, but they will let you save the space ahead of time). So, for example, if you want to stay at the Polynesian (Magic Kingdom View - which are limited), you may want your TA to reserve the dates as a room-only and then book as a package once released.

Best wishes!
    Last edited by SuzyQ; 06-30-2008 at 05:04 AM.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel