Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Disney Dollars in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I'm new around here & beginning to plan my first family vacation to WDW next September. To help earn extra money, I've joined 3 different online survey websites ...
    mmtesdall is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney Dollars

Hi everyone! I'm new around here & beginning to plan my first family vacation to WDW next September. To help earn extra money, I've joined 3 different online survey websites (sunshinerewards.com, mysurvey.com, & surveyspot.com). One of the websites has the option to pay in "Disney Dollars". While I think it's a good idea because then I KNOW that the money will go for WDW and nothing else, I'm not really sure what all the DD can be spent on. I've googled DD and all I see is that it is a dollar-for-dollar currency that can be purchased at Disney stores & at WDW. Does anyone know if DD's can be spent only for merchandise in WDW stores? Or can it also be used for things such as hotel, food, Park Hopper/Water Park options? I'm not sure if I should continue to get DD's for the surveys, or if it would be best to have them paypal cash directly to my bank account.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me!

~Marissa

Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As far as I know you can still use Disney Dollars in all Disney resorts, parks, stores, dinning on property, and cruise-lines. I think the fact almost anyone with an ATM card can now use it as a visa check card, there no real need to walk around Walt Disney World with a pocket full of DD. I do know that there are a good number of people that collect DD money, and they just came out with 2008 DD money for Mickey Mouse's th birthday. Here a link that should tell you everything you need to know about DD. DisneyDollars.net Your Disney Dollar Information Resource

mmtesdall is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can use them for any purchase on WDW property. We've always given them to the kids to use because they thought it was cool to have Mickey's money. It was also a good way to know they were only going to spend it at WDW. Have fun.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.