Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss WDW Refillable resort mugs in the Vacation Planning forums; OK now - be nice to me people I am a newbie but I have a few questions after reading this... 1 - I can buy a mug for $12.95 ...
    Grants_mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK now - be nice to me people I am a newbie but I have a few questions after reading this...
    1 - I can buy a mug for $12.95 at my resort and refill it ONLY at the resort correct?
    2 - I can buy a mug for ???? at Blizzard Beach and refill there then take that same mug to Typhoon Lagoon and pay $5 for a sticker and refill there? Correct?
    3 - Can I take my resort mug to the water parks, get a $5 sticker and refill IT there?
    4 - Has Disney never talked about just selling the stickers for $10 to slap on the mugs at the park for the day? It would save on land fill and some people might think it would be easer.

Personally not sure I want to carry a plastic filled mug around with me all day.. I personally would just rather have my bottle of water. - At least at the parks!
    Molly
    Mom to 1 great Red headed little boy and wife to 1 wonderful husband!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Grants_mom View Post
    1 - I can buy a mug for $12.95 at my resort and refill it ONLY at the resort correct?

Or you can keep it for years and years and use it at other resorts if you are so inclined.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome, Grants_mom!

1) that's correct. You buy the mug at your resort for around $12.95 plus tax, and you can refill it as many times as you'd like at your resort. Refillable Mugs at Disney Resorts has a list of all the refill places.

There isn't a 4-park refillable mug. Animal Kingdom does offer a refillable sports bottle/mug thing with a big animal top that can be refilled for like $0.99 in Animal Kingdom only.

Typhoon Lagoon and I believe Blizzard Beach also, has a refillable mug that is only good for one day and only in that water park, but you can refill it as often as you like and it's larger than the resort mug. As far as I know, those are the only other mug offerings. I have not heard that you can bring the mug from one water park to the other and get a sticker, that may be new. The mug I got at Typhoon Lagoon was themed to Typhoon Lagoon, and said it was only good there for the day. It cost $9.99.

One reason for not having a mug you carry around all day: cleaning them out. At the resorts they have wash stations for the mugs. They'd have to install that kind of equipment or risk people getting sick from doing something dopey like putting soda in the unwashed cup they had coffee with cream in earlier in the 95 degree day.

The refill stations that are outdoors at the water parks attract yellow jackets and other insects. Probably not something they'd want to put in the theme parks.

Also, the current mugs don't seal that tightly. Tip them and they dribble. So you can't carry a half-full mug attached to your belt or backpack without spilling.

I do wish they would install more recycling bins for the plastic bottles around the parks. There are some, but not as many as there are garbage cans.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 01-22-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

amywhite11 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Grants_mom View Post
    Ok so here is my question or questions after reading all this....mind you this may will be our 1st trip since i was like 10 (so that will be 22 years) and I am new to all the updates since then.

1 - you can get a refillable mug for $12.95 at your resort and get refills for your stay at your resort correct?
    2 - does disney have something like a mug for the 4 parks that you could pay say $25 for and get free refills at the parks/and resort? Would that make since or would they loose to much money there? Silly one there I know....

1 - It is only good for refills at your resort, not all resorts.
    2- They do not have any refillable mugs for the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Or you can keep it for years and years and use it at other resorts if you are so inclined.
    Not sure If I will well be going back for years and years.....but I will keep that in mind! Thanks!
    Molly

Thanks for the info on this everyone. I am glad to get great info here!
    Molly

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Haha, Disney is a corporation, you're a guy with a cup. I think they can afford it. Plus it's less waste. =o Plus I doubt free drinks will make them raise prices when you figure how much they're already ripped off everyday.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    Haha, Disney is a corporation, you're a guy with a cup. I think they can afford it. Plus it's less waste. =o Plus I doubt free drinks will make them raise prices when you figure how much they're already ripped off everyday.
    Yes, they definitely can afford it.

But for ME, for MY living with myself, for MY demonstrating behavior for my children, I can't decide who to steal from and who not to based on the person's or company's income, or how many other people are stealing even more from them.

I'm not telling others what they should do, I'm just explaining why I do what I do. I'm not looking at it from a practical standpoint, I'm looking at it from a PERSONAL "right and wrong" standpoint. Personal for me, and me only.
    -- Eric

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Refillable resort mugs

I know one isnt "supposed to" but we re-use ours.....

crocrafter is offline A-Ticket holder

I've always considered the mugs to be a souvenir. I have 10 or 11 of them now and I use them constantly. They fit perfectly in my car cup holder - you just have to make sure the lid snaps when you put it on. I am a tea drinker and my tea stays hot throughout my morning commute. (Not a short trip in DC traffic.)

Even at the current price of $12.49, if you use them they are a bargain. I get hot tea for breakfast, refill it and poor the tea over ice and into a plastic bottle for the trip to the park, leave the mug on the car and get a hot cup of tea, or make another iced tea at night. (A decent cup of tea cannot be made in a coffee pot - it tastes like stale coffee). And if I want a soda or other, I can take what I want and how much without thinking I've wasted money (Coke is not a fav!). I like the convenience, the durability and the different designs. My only disappointment is that this year, Disney started using a generic mug instead of a resort specific one. I think it was a better souvenir when it was specific.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I know many of you have been waiting for this: Pictures of the Cup of Power. I present to you my oft-used All Star Sport mug from 1999.
    Please to enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WDW Refillable resort mugs-cup-2.jpg   WDW Refillable resort mugs-cup-1.jpg   WDW Refillable resort mugs-cup-3.jpg  

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

we have used the same mugs since around...2002 i think.
    No one has ever said a peep about it, nor does anyone care.
    This is done very very regularly.
    I have no issues or "guilt" with re using my mugs, i will continue to do it.

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I read this thread out of curiosity, but gee, now I'm feeling like a morally corrupt person for filling my thermos with water from the fountain while at work, rather than purchasing a $2 bottle of water from the cafeteria.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Quote Originally Posted by beja View Post
    I read this thread out of curiosity, but gee, now I'm feeling like a morally corrupt person for filling my thermos with water from the fountain while at work, rather than purchasing a $2 bottle of water from the cafeteria.
    I hope you're kidding.

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I hope you're kidding.
    Absolutely! Just a little sarcasm.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123