Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss All-Star Resort Food Court Microwaves? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, This might sound ultra cheap-o, but trying to save some $$$ for our upcoming trip. My wife and I stayed in All-Star Movies in 2005. We split a breakfast ...
    glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

All-Star Resort Food Court Microwaves?

Hello,

This might sound ultra cheap-o, but trying to save some $$$ for our upcoming trip. My wife and I stayed in All-Star Movies in 2005. We split a breakfast in the food court each morning, and I think I remember seeing microwaves around the seating area (could be imagining this though).

1. Can anyone confirm there are microwaves?

2. If so, does anyone know if there would be any rule keeping us from bringing in our own oatmeal packets or microwavable pastries? (This would be similar to bringing food to the parks.)

That would be a whole lot easier then prepping meals to store in a locker in the park for us. As much money as we could save doing that we find it sort of ruins the experience when in the parks.

Thanks!
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes, there is a microwave as well as a toaster in the food courts (as of June of 2008). Some people may say that they frown upon that, but I really don't think it's a problem. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it before and it's not like you're going to tie it up for 3 hours while you try to cook a big frozen dinner or something. I think it's more of a service that the hotel provides rather than a place to cook the food that they give you in the food court.
    ~Ashleigh

WSauerbier is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am sitting here in the All Star Music and yes about the microwave and the toaster and as part of your second question I have to say I don't think they mind about using the toaster ot microwave for outside food. Facts are in Maestro Mickey they sell Instant Oatmeal Cups and Pop Tarts and allow you to use the cafe stuff. I just brought my indiviual pop tart(from a convience stor in kissimmee packet and no one said anything....Fact is at the all star they dont really say no to much(as you see the people with mugs of hotels that dont exist anymore being used. But I do have to say this is my 3rd trip to All Star and they have gotten so much more kid friendly(games, dances, and an inflateable projection screen to watch movies on. This was a fun trip staying here

Bill
    The Cram Zone Guide to Walt Disney World 2010, now out on Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and booksamillion.com