Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Question about regular ticket vs hopper in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a question. This website Orlando attraction tickets - Disney World, Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Orlando FlexTicket is offering a regular MYW 7 day ticket for $228.95 ...
    loosetoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about regular ticket vs hopper

I have a question. This website Orlando attraction tickets - Disney World, Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Orlando FlexTicket is offering a regular MYW 7 day ticket for $228.95 vs. a MYW 6 day Hopper ticket for $274.95.

If we are only going to be at Disney for 4 days, can we use the 7 day regular ticket and still go to 2 parks in one day by burning an extra day on our 7 day ticket? As in, can we go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning and use a day and then go to Epcot in the evening and use another day?

Thanks!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by loosetoon View Post
    I have a question. This website Orlando attraction tickets - Disney World, Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Orlando FlexTicket is offering a regular MYW 7 day ticket for $228.95 vs. a MYW 6 day Hopper ticket for $274.95.

If we are only going to be at Disney for 4 days, can we use the 7 day regular ticket and still go to 2 parks in one day by burning an extra day on our 7 day ticket? As in, can we go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning and use a day and then go to Epcot in the evening and use another day?

Thanks!
    1 Park one day only with multiday ticket. We had the park hopper option on all our tickets except one and when we got to Epcot they caught it and wouldn't let my wife through. I wasn't trying to get over but it was a mistake at OKW when I bought the ticket, the CM wasn't paying attentin and put water park option instead. It didn't cost me anything for them to fix it.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Thanks!

No, you can only go to 1 park per day without a park hopper option. Otherwise everyone would just buy extra base tickets.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    We've had park hoppers many times over the years adn only park hopped twice. It is a nice option if you want to pop into the Studios for Fantasmic or Epcot for Illuminations, but when we found we weren't using it, we started buying base tickets. There was alwasy just so much to do and we were having such a great time that we didn't feel like leaving for a new park.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    No, sorry. You need the park hopper to do more then 1 park in a day.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

kodastar is offline A-Ticket holder
    park hopper is the only way to go Just think you go to one of the parks and its so packed you are stuck there with the hopper you can just go somewhere else..

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think that if you are going for 4 days, you probably want to stick to a base ticket. I find that park hopping loses valuable time you could have spend in the park. Unless you want to visit a certain park multiple times, I would just do a base ticket and one park a day.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Question about regular ticket vs hopper

park hoppers you can go to all of their parks in one day. reg one one park per day. if you are going to go to at least two parks in one day then park hopper woiuld be best.
    J&J

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Question about regular ticket vs hopper

Thanks!
    I notice you say you are going 4 days, but looking at 6 or 7 day tix. You may want to consider adding the "no expiration" option if you are buying more days than you need.

Regular tix are good, I believe, for 14 days after first use. I'd hate to see you loose 2 or 3 park days (and the $$ you spent on them) like that.
    Zima-Cheryl