Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Just Back? How much per day? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all. Our trip is just 8 days away. Two adults and two kids going. All the tickets are bought and accommodation is sorted too. We don't have the Dining ...
    drifter is offline A-Ticket holder

Just Back? How much per day?

Hello all.

Our trip is just 8 days away. Two adults and two kids going.
    All the tickets are bought and accommodation is sorted too.

We don't have the Dining Plan and I just wondered what you reckoned we should budget per day to spend. Some days will be mainly food and some days will be parking (outside the World) and souvenirs etc. We've been before but can NEVER remember what we fork out.

I'm thinking about costing it as Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner costs with add ons like soft drinks , ice-creams and so on.

Any 'real world' and recent numbers would be great. We're coming from the UK and bringing cold hard cash!!!!

Thanks.
    Just been - started saving for the next one.

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Just Back? How much per day?

I just had a reply post but didn't realize you didn't have the dining plan, so I had to take it down. Sorry. That is a tough question to answer. Perhaps you can find some copies of the menus online to get a feel for how much the meals will cost.
    Last edited by DocB; 06-10-2009 at 11:47 AM.

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information you can get pricing on just about everything

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

SnowCinder82 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have to tell everyone that asks.

MK+ Peacso Bill quick service in frontier land= GREAT FOOD VALUE

see for about $8.50 you get a chicken wrap.

now this is just a week old, but i got it with the understanding,

"yes it's disney it's going to have like three small pieces of chicken and alot of lettuce filler and smaller than my hand"

WELL>>>

it was HUGE loads of chicken little bit on the lettuce, and little bit of cheese my husband and I could have split it, I only ate half of it.

**consider that a burger there is $7.00 and a drink 2.50

your kids could split the wrap and that saves having to buy a whole other meal.
    Lovin' Disney since 1982

Snowcinder, thanks for that (and everyone else). It's difficult for me NOT to try and save money, but I appreciate the advice.
    When I get back. I'll post a thread about the financial outgoings. I hope it'll help with future guests plans.

SnowCinder82 is offline B-Ticket Holder

oh i wrote this long reply andi guess it didnt post

well i'll try and post it again.

you could get by with $25, but that is if you bring your own snacks and water/soda bottles
    otherwise i would bank on $50 per person per day to be on the safe side.

you can bring snacks, and soda/water in the park in a backpack, people often over look that.

if i had kids i would pack a pb&j two snacks and bottles of water/soda per person per day and eat one quick service (which range from $6-10 including drink)
    Lovin' Disney since 1982

Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder

I budgeted 40 dollars a day for 2 people. We just got back yesterday and we have money left over. For breakfast, kid's meals were plenty, so it cost us just under 10 dollars for breakfast. For lunch and dinner we split meals because the portions were big enough, so they were around 10 dollars. When we ate lunch we got a double cheeseburger and an extra bun and made 2 cheeseburgers. With drinks it was a little more (we bought the refillable mugs for the resort) but much cheaper then buying 2 meals, and we were both full. If you do that, I must warn you that at DHS they charge you in the area of 3 dollars for that extra bun, pecos bill's was 80 cents for an extra bun. I found it a very effective way of cutting food costs, and we weren't starving.
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM

Disney Princess, thanks so much for that information. I'd never thought of that extra bun thing. Genius! Also, I'd heard that Pecos Bill was having a refurb when we were going, so it's good to know that I was given a 'bum steer'. We LOVE Pecos!! It's late at night and I'm trying my best to figure out what you mean by DHS but I'm sure it's really obvious and that I'll work it out in due course.
    Thanks once again for your reply and I hope you had a great time.

eliza61nyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Hello all.

We don't have the Dining Plan and I just wondered what you reckoned we should budget per day to spend. Some days will be mainly food and some days will be parking (outside the World) and souvenirs etc. We've been before but can NEVER remember what we fork out.

I'm thinking about costing it as Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner costs with add ons like soft drinks , ice-creams and so on.

Any 'real world' and recent numbers would be great. We're coming from the UK and bringing cold hard cash!!!!

Thanks.
    Hey Drifter,
    One question. How do you guys eat. For example I'm a family of 4, that has 2 teenage boys. My sons (along with my husband) eat like professional football players (The american version ) so food is our biggest outlay. We don't do the dining plan either.
    I budget around $140 bucks a day (35 bucks per person). We have 1 TS meal a day, some times two and some type of snack per day.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney Princess, thanks so much for that information. I'd never thought of that extra bun thing. Genius! Also, I'd heard that Pecos Bill was having a refurb when we were going, so it's good to know that I was given a 'bum steer'. We LOVE Pecos!! It's late at night and I'm trying my best to figure out what you mean by DHS but I'm sure it's really obvious and that I'll work it out in due course.
    Thanks once again for your reply and I hope you had a great time.
    DHS is Disney Hollywood Studios...have a wonderful trip!
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

M5ward. It took me a while, but I DID eventually work it out. Thanks.
    Eliza, it's beginning to look that our trip per day is going to cost about the same as yours.
    Breakfast at $10 - 15 each, lunch at $20-30 each, late snacks / dinner $???.

Thanks for the help.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hello all.

Thanks.
    I just got back, two adults, two kids so we're right on par. I budgeted $200.00 per day from sunup to sundown. That included food, snacks and souvenir shopping. We are not big sit down and order restaurant people. We didn't do any character meals. We ate at Pecos Bill, Casey's Corner, ESPN Zone 3 times, and several other quick service locations in the parks. The morning we packed to leave I still had $500.00 cash in my pocket. Hope this helps!
    Tim

Tim

We're back now and it looks like we ended up doing the numbers you did. We came back with $200. Yippee. We ate more often at the POFQ dining hall than we expected, but we were happy enough with that. Souvenirs / shopping was kept under control so the MAX we would have spent in a day was $200. But for the most part, I'd say an average of around $150 - 160.
    It takes us a while to save for a WDW trip and it's easy to focus on that and ignore the daily spend, so it's good to know what the deal is.
    Thanks again.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Tim

We're back now and it looks like we ended up doing the numbers you did. We came back with $200. Yippee. We ate more often at the POFQ dining hall than we expected, but we were happy enough with that. Souvenirs / shopping was kept under control so the MAX we would have spent in a day was $200. But for the most part, I'd say an average of around $150 - 160.
    It takes us a while to save for a WDW trip and it's easy to focus on that and ignore the daily spend, so it's good to know what the deal is.
    Thanks again.
    Isn't it great coming home with cash?! I also make sure that my kids get their souvenirs towards the end of the trip. I tell them, "If it's right for you today, it will be right for you on the last day." They usually don't even want it by the time they can have it. But a big saving is the fact that we don't usually do big sit down dinners. We're not cheap, it's just not important to us. I'd rather build my own burger at Pecos Bill than be waited on.
    Tim

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'll be honest. I was in Savannah, GA and thought to myself, "well I'm only about 6 hours away" so I called and booked at near full price using the AAA rate at All Star Music. I know, it's a Disney insider sin but sometimes you need the fix and don't have the ability to do research. Just a cell and a few extra days. I didn't buy anything, just ate inexpensive fast food and snacks.

It came to about 200 a day. More expensive than it should have been but hey you do what you gotta sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast