Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Question about Base Disney Tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm not sure this is the right sub-forum for this, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me. According to a ...
    VirginiaCreeper is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about Base Disney Tickets

I'm not sure this is the right sub-forum for this, but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me.

According to a ticket information site (I'm not yet allowed to post links);
    I'm looking at "BASE Disney Ticket". I know this is no "park hopping" which means, for example, you can't visit the Magic Kingdom in the morning and go over to Epcot in the evening, right?

Ok, so what if someone were to purchase a 4-day ticket package. Can you use those tickets at whichever park you please as long as you don't park hop? Hypothetically speaking, can you visit the Magic Kingdom for two days, Epcot for one and Hollywood Studios for the other one? Or perhaps, Animal Kingdom for three days and Magic Kingdom for the fourth day? Or maybe you just want to do the Magic Kingdom for all four days. As long as you stay within those 4 main parks and don't hop, can you use them at whichever parks you want to or do you have to spend one day per park (Magic Kingdom, Animal, Epcot, Studios)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by VirginiaCreeper; 06-21-2009 at 06:01 PM.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Question about Base Disney Tickets

Unless they changed things, you can choose whichever park you want. So if you want to stay at MK all four days, go for it! As long as you don't hop you can choose what you want. I hope that helps!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

VirginiaCreeper is offline A-Ticket holder

Great, thanks!

I'm in the very early planning stages. I'm not going anytime soon, but I'm trying to get information and ideas together and for now, just generally doing lots of research and listening to the podcasts and such.

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

We just returned and had a seven day base ticket. They didn't care what park we visited each day, they were just happy to see us there. You could skip a particular park or go 2 days in a row to the same one. They don't care as long as you don't try to go to more than one park in one day They just want your b*tts in a park eating and buying stuff If you want to visit more than one park in the same day you will have to buy a park hopper. you can't use two days worth of tickets in one day.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

The other thing to keep in mind is you only have 14 days to use the ticket after the first use, unless you add the no expiration option.

So if you have 4 days & only use 3, you can't save that until your next trip (assuming it would be more than just 2 weeks later) w/out adding the "no expiration".
    Zima-Cheryl

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind is you only have 14 days to use the ticket after the first use, unless you add the no expiration option.

So if you have 4 days & only use 3, you can't save that until your next trip (assuming it would be more than just 2 weeks later) w/out adding the "no expiration".
    Keep in mind though that if you bought a four day pass and only used three days, you can go to guest/customer services and add the no expiration option but you will have to pay the no expiration option on ALL the days originally purchased on your ticket.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCreeper View Post
    I'm not sure this is the right sub-forum for this, but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me.

According to a ticket information site (I'm not yet allowed to post links);
    I'm looking at "BASE Disney Ticket". I know this is no "park hopping" which means, for example, you can't visit the Magic Kingdom in the morning and go over to Epcot in the evening, right?

Ok, so what if someone were to purchase a 4-day ticket package. Can you use those tickets at whichever park you please as long as you don't park hop? Hypothetically speaking, can you visit the Magic Kingdom for two days, Epcot for one and Hollywood Studios for the other one? Or perhaps, Animal Kingdom for three days and Magic Kingdom for the fourth day? Or maybe you just want to do the Magic Kingdom for all four days. As long as you stay within those 4 main parks and don't hop, can you use them at whichever parks you want to or do you have to spend one day per park (Magic Kingdom, Animal, Epcot, Studios)?

Thanks!
    When you buy a 4 day theme park base ticket, it gives you 4 days of admissions to the theme parks. And yes, as you surmised, you can't use 2 of those "days" in a single day to visit 2 different theme parks.

But these are generic WDW theme park tickets ... there's no formula to follow about which theme park(s) you can or can't go to.

In fact, there's no such thing as a theme park-specific ticket available to the general public.
    -- Eric