Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Disney Rewards Chase Credit Card in the Vacation Planning forums; I just signed up for one yesterday. I already have a Chase card, but want to start saving for my next Disney's trip that I thought I would try this ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney Rewards Chase Credit Card

I just signed up for one yesterday. I already have a Chase card, but want to start saving for my next Disney's trip that I thought I would try this card out. Anyone have one? I would love to know your opinions!!
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Disney Rewards Chase Credit Card

My Business credit card is a Disney Visa and so far so good!! Since I don't charge a TON on it, I dont get very many Disney reward dollars back, but I did rack up enough last year to use when I went down to the Food & Wine festival. My Disney reward dollars paid for all my eating and drinking around the world at the Food & Wine festival booths - so not too shabby, be sure to pay attention to when they have the 5X promotions - it's a great way to gain more Disney dollars!

I also liked having the special photo area at Epcot!! It was nice having a personal photo session with a few of the characters, and then getting a 5X7 photo free!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We have it and use it for most of our monthly spending and pay it off every month. We use it for "extra" money when in WDW, that is I don't use the rewards dollars as part of my budget for our trips. Mostly we use it at downtown disney at the world of disney where you get 10% off your purchases. One thing I always do to squeeze out an extra rewards dollar every month is to always end up with a balance that ends in $50. If you spend say $545 you get 5 rewards dollars, but if you spend $550 you get 6. I know that sounds silly but if you do it every month of the year that's 12 extra rewards dollars a year.
    We have had the card since day 1 and have used it to save on tours, and food. I have another rewards card and the cash back is only half as much as this card. I know you can only use it at disney(the rewards) but we seem to go often enough to really benefit from the rewards. With the new credit card law that just passed who knows what will happen to rewards programs.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

So, you can spend all of your rewards points like cash in WDW? Are there any restrictions? Also, do you get a rewards card, or do you just use the credit card?

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

You do have to get a rewards card and you can use it just about anywhere in WDW. At least everywhere that takes credit cards as far as I know. You have to have at least 20 rewards dollars to get a rewards card. The only drawback is once you transfer rewards dollars to a rewards card you can not transfer them back to your account. So just be sure you are going to use them before you transfer them to the rewards card. The rewards cards do have an expiration date on them, the one I just ordered for our upcoming trip is good thru December 2010. Any rewards dollars left on the card when it expires are forfeited. I only put 20 rewards dollars on the card to order it. When September gets here I will transfer the rest over and be all set for our trip.
    I've used rewards cards at the disney store, on disney.com besides WDW. A co-worker of mine had been saving her rewards dollars since she got the card and used it to pay for her whole hotel stay. They stay on your account for several years; I believe it's 5 years. I just looked at my account and my oldest dollars on there don't expire until August 2013 so I probably earned them last August just after our trip last summer
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful, I plan to start using my card for monthly expenses to save for our next trip.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I just signed up for one because they were offering a $100 Disney gift card after your first purchase. Now I'm glad I passed up on that stupid duffle bag the last time while in DTD!

I haven't used it at the parks yet, but will be when I leave for WDW next Sunday. I agree that the point system is awful, with 1% earned per dollar spent. So in order to earn $1 Disney dollar, you need to spend $100. Hardly worth it, but I want to see if there are any fun perks when I get down to the parks. I know there is at least a photo opportunity in Innoventions at EPCOT. I'll have to explore and take the literature with me to read on the plane.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I've had mine for a couple years. I use it for lunch dinner etc.... average 10 points a month. It pays for my pass renewal mainly. I also gives you more different ways to recive discounts at Disney online store and other stores at the resorts as well as discounted reservations at different resorts. Its nowhere low as my business credit cards but at least it something to remind daily of Disney and to work toward my pass.
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I just signed up for one because they were offering a $100 Disney gift card after your first purchase. Now I'm glad I passed up on that stupid duffle bag the last time while in DTD!

I haven't used it at the parks yet, but will be when I leave for WDW next Sunday. I agree that the point system is awful, with 1% earned per dollar spent. So in order to earn $1 Disney dollar, you need to spend $100. Hardly worth it, but I want to see if there are any fun perks when I get down to the parks. I know there is at least a photo opportunity in Innoventions at EPCOT. I'll have to explore and take the literature with me to read on the plane.
    your right the point system doesn't seem to be worth it but considering alot of cards don't offer anything, it's worth it and like another poster mentioned look for the 3X and the 5X promotions, but it's important to know that you have to call in to activate these promotions, they do apply them automatically. It's also important to know if you are applying for a rewards card that you need to be in the mindset to pay off your balance every month, you do not want to rack up interest on these kind of cards, generally they have very high interest rates and besides theres no point to the rewards if you are paying the interest, it cancels itself out. What we did this year and in the past was not to get the reward card until we got to Disney, we racked up alot of points and wasn't sure how many of them we were going to use so after a couple days down there and seeing how our spending was going we then went to guest services (you can go to guest services in any of the parks or DTD) and got our card right there, it only took a couple minutes, very easy. Once you transfer your points to a reward card you have to use them before the experation date which usually is not that long.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

I don't have it but mom does and she loves it. She always uses the money as her spending money at Disney. And last year she used it to pay for her drinks/excursions and stuff on DCL.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's been a few months since I've received my card, and I'm glad I got it. I love the design, and I am planning a trip for June 2010 and plan on using my points for food. As long as someone pays their card on time then I would encourage any Disney fan to sign up for this card if they are interested. Looking forward to checking out the picture spot in Epcot for Reward members with the free picture.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    your right the point system doesn't seem to be worth it but considering alot of cards don't offer anything, it's worth it and like another poster mentioned look for the 3X and the 5X promotions, but it's important to know that you have to call in to activate these promotions, they do apply them automatically. It's also important to know if you are applying for a rewards card that you need to be in the mindset to pay off your balance every month, you do not want to rack up interest on these kind of cards, generally they have very high interest rates and besides theres no point to the rewards if you are paying the interest, it cancels itself out. What we did this year and in the past was not to get the reward card until we got to Disney, we racked up alot of points and wasn't sure how many of them we were going to use so after a couple days down there and seeing how our spending was going we then went to guest services (you can go to guest services in any of the parks or DTD) and got our card right there, it only took a couple minutes, very easy. Once you transfer your points to a reward card you have to use them before the experation date which usually is not that long.
    Oh believe me, I'm way on top of keeping up with the payments. I read the (very) fine print and am not about to have my interest rate skyrocket because of a one-day late payment or something.

On the other hand, I've only had my card for about a month or so now and haven't really had a chance to learn about the extra perks. How would I go about knowing when the 3x/5x promotions are running?

Thanks!

I guess my problem is that I don't really charge much, I always use my debit because it's an automatic payment. I would have used it towards my rental car in Orlando next weekend, but I don't know if my Disney card offers supplimental insurance like my Visa card does (it got me out of a huge jam one time and I'm thankful for that benefit!). So outside of my regular monthly EZ pass bill, there won't be much going on the card.

Still, the $100 gift card reward was an awesome 'thank you' gift for signing up for the Disney card (much better than the stupid bags or whatever other little gifts they usually give out), and I'll be putting it to good use at the parks!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    It's been a few months since I've received my card, and I'm glad I got it. I love the design, and I am planning a trip for June 2010 and plan on using my points for food. As long as someone pays their card on time then I would encourage any Disney fan to sign up for this card if they are interested. Looking forward to checking out the picture spot in Epcot for Reward members with the free picture.
    I didn't even realize they offered that, we missed it Well hopefully they will offer that next time we get down there

Oh believe me, I'm way on top of keeping up with the payments. I read the (very) fine print and am not about to have my interest rate skyrocket because of a one-day late payment or something.

On the other hand, I've only had my card for about a month or so now and haven't really had a chance to learn about the extra perks. How would I go about knowing when the 3x/5x promotions are running?

Thanks!
    I usually get a card in the mail telling about the promontions, you may want to check online because I am sure they should be offering something around the holidays or you can just call them and ask, if I find the latest card they sent me I will post back with the details. We really racked up points by using the card for a down payment on a car and some other big ticket items. They really do add up. Good luck with it

I guess my problem is that I don't really charge much, I always use my debit because it's an automatic payment. I would have used it towards my rental car in Orlando next weekend, but I don't know if my Disney card offers supplimental insurance like my Visa card does (it got me out of a huge jam one time and I'm thankful for that benefit!). So outside of my regular monthly EZ pass bill, there won't be much going on the card.

Still, the $100 gift card reward was an awesome 'thank you' gift for signing up for the Disney card (much better than the stupid bags or whatever other little gifts they usually give out), and I'll be putting it to good use at the parks!
    I would imagine that the Disney Visa would also offer the insurance because it is a Visa card, but it would be interesting to know, keep us posted. That was a great reward you got with the $100.00, I think I got the stupid bag
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I didn't even realize they offered that, we missed it Well hopefully they will offer that next time we get down there
    I remember seeing something about a special photo opportunity in Innoventions. I'll be checking it out during this trip, card in hand!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast