Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Is this a good ticket price? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Team - before I search the internet ad nauseum for other deals, some of you may have firsthand knowledge if this is a decent rate... I have a "business" ...

Thumbs up Is this a good ticket price?

Hey Team - before I search the internet ad nauseum for other deals, some of you may have firsthand knowledge if this is a decent rate...

I have a "business" trip in January, and via the conference I will have access to
    2-day park hopper @ $207/$181 (adult/child)
    3-day park hopper @ $271/$238
    4-day park hopper @ $279/$245
    5-day park hopper @ $282/$247

We're (2 adults/1 child) probably looking at the 3-day visit, unless I get MY way.

Any comments or experience would be greatly appreciated!!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Is this a good ticket price?

Those prices are about the same (within a dollar or two and in some cases higher) of Disney's retail price as posted on AAA's web site. It could be outdated, but my guess is you're not getting any kind of discount.

AAA has discounts in case you happen to be a member. But the discounts are small, in the $5 range for the 4-day for example. If you're already a member, check out their web site. If you're not a member, I don't think it's worthwhile to join just for the discount because it is very small.

I would also consider whether you're confident you'll be going to Disney in the future. A 10-day park hopper with no-expiration is only $504, or $50.40/day for the full Disney retail price. At $282 for the 5-day, you're cheapest per day price is $56.40. Buy the 10-day park hopper no-expiration, and not only are you paying less per day for this visit, you're also locking in $50.40/day for your next visit as well. And since you know Disney raises their prices every year, the savings for the cost of that next trip are sure to be even more than $6/day.

The only thing you have to be careful about is the child ticket, because you will have to use any days you buy on a child ticket while the child is still a child - IE before he or she turns 9. And you can't transfer the unused days to someone else, such as a younger sibling.

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Subscribe to the mousesavers.com newsletter. They will send you a newsletter for december which has a special link to undercovertourist.com. This will save you a little bit compared to other resellers. Be aware - when you compare prices, many on-line, reputable sellers do not include tax or shipping. Undercovertourist.com prices include tax and free regular shipping. I have used them several times and was very happy. I have also bought the 10 day non-expiring park hopper tickets and have used them for 3 years. Of course, we go once or twice the year for only 4 or 5 days at a time, and don't always go to the parks everyday.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Those prices are about $6 to $7 better than a discount like the military discount and $14 or better off the regular price.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep looking, but from what I've found so far there isn't a lot of differences between companies/offers ...

allisa is offline A-Ticket holder

Be careful before compare prices of tickets. Many company doesn't include taxes in them and have conditions apply with that. Check these things before have one.
    Last edited by allisa; 12-24-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks for the feedback!