Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss 45 day cancel policy? It's still 5 right? in the Vacation Planning forums; I just booked a room at Pop Century for January online and the Disney website gave me this message on the top of the page where you make the payment: ...
    PortVista is offline A-Ticket holder

45 day cancel policy? It's still 5 right?

I just booked a room at Pop Century for January online and the Disney website gave me this message on the top of the page where you make the payment:

"Please select an amount to pay today in order to confirm this reservation. If you choose to apply a deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 45 days prior to your check-in date in order to receive a full refund of the deposit."

Anyone know what that is all about? It only gives you one option and that's 50% deposit. I know you can cancel up to 5 days prior to check-in for a FULL refund, and it states that later under the terms of service. I hope they don't change the 5 day cancel policy as it's very difficult to make firm plans that far in the future -- plus I usually modify my reservations at the last minute.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Re: 45 day cancel policy? It's still 5 right?

I know at one time the 5 day cancellation rule pertained to room only deals and the 45 day policy was on package deals.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Oh that's interesting -- it's probably just a small bug.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Might want to call and confirm the policy so you don't become victem to a computer hic-cup.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

The bookings on the web are often considered packages and can be subject to the 45 day policy. I would not book over the web is you want the five day cancellation policy. Don't assume it's a bug!

Well I think it's safer than calling, at least if you are a FL resident. Once the rep didn't click on the FL resident offer and quoted me a higher price. The phone reps are looking at almost identical version of the public website, so you can actually get on and check prices before you call.

I looked at my confirmation email, and there it says "TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ROOM ONLY RESERVATIONS" --
    --
    Cancellation Policy
    In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least five (5) days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing room reservation, call (407) 939-7429†.
    --

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would call and ask Disney to confirm the cancellation policy and to send you an updated confirmation. These little 'bugs' can happen - but if Disney has that in their system under your reservation, they can hold you to it.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Beckypooh1972 is offline A-Ticket holder

We almost had to cancel our December package but didn't. When we were looking at our options we were told we would get back $100.00 of our $200.00 deposit if we cancelled between 45 and five days out from our trip or we could re-book for a future trip and apply the deposit to another trip without losing any money. You could always call to ask about the policies around the specific package you booked...

allisa is offline A-Ticket holder

I thinks that you have to go and book that. Its nice and interesting offer. Its just a little amount.
    Last edited by allisa; 12-24-2009 at 01:06 AM.

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

It saved money?
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius