Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Travel Agent Reccomendations in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, I am looking for a good travel agent or company to plan a group trip to WDW in early 2011. It is for my indoor drumline that I direct. ...
    DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Smile Travel Agent Reccomendations

Hello,

I am looking for a good travel agent or company to plan a group trip to WDW in early 2011. It is for my indoor drumline that I direct. We are like a family and all the kids are real excited to go back. We performed at Downtown Disney in 2009 and want to plan another trip for 2011. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Re: Travel Agent Reccomendations

Mousefan Travel is the best there is!! Beci and the girls are so helpful. It's the only agency I use when I'm not using my DVC points.

Mouse Fan Travel Home Page

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I second that, Mousefan Travel is the only way to go!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

me too...
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Another vote for Mouse Fan Travel. Coleen was our agent and she did a great job. It was the first time I had ever used an agent and it couldn't have gone better. I'll use MFT again and she's going to be my agent of choice
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

Also, a vote for Mouse Fan, Bob and I always go with Lou's reccs. They are always right on the mark for anything Disney World Related.

Thanks so much everyone! Sounds like it is a unanimous decision! I know the kids will be so excited that I am finally getting this started. They all love Disney and it is always a great time to take the drumline to The Happiest Place on Earth.
    -Scott

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

ok.....why does anyone NEED a travel agent...free or not?
    In all the years i have gone to WDW or DLR..Vegas or where ever-
    We just call, book and we are set.
    Codes, discounts are easily..EASILY found on the inet and i guess i just dont understand the need to have a middleman.
    Tell me why im wrong,right.
    I get all the same discounts and rooms i ever want...i guess im just ignorant in the need for an agent to do these things for me.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    Codes, discounts are easily..EASILY found on the inet and i guess i just dont understand the need to have a middleman.
    I get all the same discounts and rooms i ever want...i guess im just ignorant in the need for an agent to do these things for me.
    Personally, I don't like talking on the phone, so I can just email Mousefan, tell them my dates, resort preference, dining preferences, and anything else I need, and they take care of it all. I don't have to talk to anyone, don't have to look at multiple websites, and I know everything is taken care of. Plus, it's free to me, and the travel agent gets paid by Disney, so in a way I'm fueling the economy.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

I did it mostly because when we went in Sept 09 it was for MNSSHP and Free DDP. It was so much easier to email Coleen with what restaurants we wanted to eat at and let her get the reservations. PLUS they have additional phone numbers for Disney that they use and there is a better chance of you getting what you want. There was no stress or aggravation for me when 90 days out hit for us, since Disney hadn't changed back to 180 yet.

Like I said this was our first time using an Agent plus it was the first time we stayed on property. My wife and I always plan our off property trips and we do pretty good looking for the best prices on good hotels using Priceline.com, hotels.com etc. I would recommend that first time Disney goers use a travel agent. So many of them think you can just reserve a hotel room, buy park tickets and go. I think it really overwhelms them when they get there. My guess is that's the reason there are some that hate WDW once they get back.

Doing it yourself, using Mouse Fan Travel or another recommended Disney Travel Agent...Who cares! You're going to DISNEYWORLD!!!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

We have to use a travel agent per the school. The school will not approve the trip without it going through a travel agent or company. Usually I do plan all my own trips but in this instance we have to use one.
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy81 View Post
    We have to use a travel agent per the school. The school will not approve the trip without it going through a travel agent or company. Usually I do plan all my own trips but in this instance we have to use one.
    That sounds kind of authoritarian doesn't it? We were worried when we took our girls out of school for a week but my oldest daughter's teacher, whose brothers are best friends with my FIL, told us all of her missed days were covered since we let the school know in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    That sounds kind of authoritarian doesn't it? We were worried when we took our girls out of school for a week but my oldest daughter's teacher, whose brothers are best friends with my FIL, told us all of her missed days were covered since we let the school know in advance.

It is a school group that is going. There are 20 students that will be traveling with parents and myself, the director. Since it is a school group, we have to have it approved by the board of education. They require us to have a travel agent.
    -Scott

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I did it mostly because when we went in Sept 09 it was for MNSSHP and Free DDP. It was so much easier to email Coleen with what restaurants we wanted to eat at and let her get the reservations. PLUS they have additional phone numbers for Disney that they use and there is a better chance of you getting what you want. There was no stress or aggravation for me when 90 days out hit for us, since Disney hadn't changed back to 180 yet.

Like I said this was our first time using an Agent plus it was the first time we stayed on property. My wife and I always plan our off property trips and we do pretty good looking for the best prices on good hotels using Priceline.com, hotels.com etc. I would recommend that first time Disney goers use a travel agent. So many of them think you can just reserve a hotel room, buy park tickets and go. I think it really overwhelms them when they get there. My guess is that's the reason there are some that hate WDW once they get back.

Doing it yourself, using Mouse Fan Travel or another recommended Disney Travel Agent...Who cares! You're going to DISNEYWORLD!!!
    I was curious and thanks for all the replies.
    I completely understand the need for an agent if one has never been to WDW before.
    Thanks for the candid answers.