Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss What do you take in with you? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen bottle of water,camera, sunblock,my autograph books,mini first aid kit,chap stick,a book with our dinner ressie numbers in it.. incase they are needed. let me add hand ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: What do you take in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    bottle of water,camera, sunblock,my autograph books,mini first aid kit,chap stick,a book with our dinner ressie numbers in it.. incase they are needed.
    let me add hand sani and baby wipes..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Now that we are all older, we don't need to carry nearly ad much as we did when my two youngest brothers were babies (diaper bags, extra change of clothes, bottles, wipes, toys, baby food, etc.). Now just me and my mom carry bags and stuff what the boys need into them - so mine usually has the ponchos, a camera and wallet in there (along with the usual girly stuff) and my mom carries her stuff. The We always fill water bottles the night before and put them in the freezer over night to take into the parks and we haven't had any problems getting through security.

Try bringing as few bags as possible so your group can get through security faster - if you don't have a bag you can cut right through!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

This next trip with kids without a stroller, so I am torn on this one myself. Each kid will have a small waist pack with a snack or two, bubbles and they will carry their own water bottle. Hubby and I will carry small bag with just essentials, sunscreen, camera and emergency change of teeshirt for kiddies. I think after day 1, we will re-assess and see if I need a bigger bag.

ashleighbass06 is offline C-Ticket Holder

One thing to think about, choose a bag with few pockets. All bags are searched when you enter the parks so if your camera bag has a bunch of tiny pockets, go with something else. It will make you and everyone behind you in line happy

My last trip was just me and my mom and we each had our own bags. I had a draw-string backpack that was easy to search but sometimes I found myself digging and digging to find something (usually my camera or my money lol). I usually brought my umbrella (you never know when it might rain), camera, extra batteries, phone, resort mug (No point paying for bottles of water when you can fill up at the drinking fountains. A regular water bottle would work just as well...might even work better as I did have some leaking problems), gum (they don't sell it in the parks), granola bars, sweatshirt (I went in March and it got a little chilly. I don't know about May) and money/credit card/tickets.

I hope I could help
    Last edited by ashleighbass06; 05-29-2010 at 09:33 PM.

bonoferox is offline A-Ticket holder

I always take a bottle to refill at water fountains and some snacks. Thankfully the secrity guards checking your bags dont seem to care about outside food or beverages.

Zenbean is offline A-Ticket holder

Pretty much just rain gear, some fruit and nuts, and water bottles. After we drain the water bottles, we just fill them up at the fountains. I'm usually completely leery of public fountains, but for some reason I'm okay with them at Disney. They seem clean, the water is always cool, and certainly cheaper than spending $10 on water (for all four of us) two or three times a day.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

A novel that'll fit in a pants pocket and a bottle of water on a shoulder strap. That is IT. I refuse to spend any time waiting to get through that silly bag check line.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I wish we could bypass the bag check line, but we have 3 kids and unfortunately a back pack is a must. Maybe when the kids get a little older we can lighten the load a bit.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Debit card and room key, sometimes a camera. We tend to take a couple of breaks each day at our resort, so there's no need to bring anything else with us.

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

I bring my own bottles of water and tons of batteries. Both are SUPER expensive in the parks!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneynurse View Post
    I bring my own bottles of water and tons of batteries. Both are SUPER expensive in the parks!
    Batteries?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I refuse to spend any time waiting to get through that silly bag check line.
    AGREED.

Cell phone, wallet, camera. That is all I need, and that is all I bring in the parks with me. If it doesn't fit in my pockets (and, well yes cargo short pocket), doesn't go with me.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Wow... talk about bringing back to life an old thread! This one was over a year old!

Here's what we bring (i.e. stuff into a fanny pack):
    • Batteries for Cameras
    • Water Bottles
    • Drink Packets (i.e. Crystal Light, etc.)
    • Ponchos (obviously not stuffed in the fanny pack - those just go in the stroller's little pouch)
    • Room Key/Park Tickets
    • Debit Card
    • Cell Phone (for time checks or when planning to separate only)
    • Cameras
    • Chap Stick
    • Sunscreen
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

We carry rain ponchos, camera, wallet (water proof if you plan on getting on the water rides - also not a bad idea if they are planning on a thunderstorm that day), and sunscreen. That's it. I attempt to carry as little as possible so I don't feel like I am lugging a ton of things around in the heat.

If you have small kids, it wouldn't hurt to pack a few snacks. Just remember not to overpack because you'll regret it sometime around midday when you are sweating and getting tired.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Batteries?
    Yes, batteries. I love to take pictures in the parks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast