Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss What do you take in with you? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning a trip at the end of May and was wondering what everyone takes with them into the parks. Can you take in snacks, drinks, etc? Would it ...
    Figment071 is offline A-Ticket holder

What do you take in with you?

We are planning a trip at the end of May and was wondering what everyone takes with them into the parks. Can you take in snacks, drinks, etc? Would it be better to carry a backpack with camera, batteries, snacks, sunblock, etc? Or just carry a camera bag and stuff only the essentials in it? How easy would it be to carry a backpack on attractions as opposed to a small camera bag?

Just trying to be prepared and save a little money in the process. I don't want to take too much, but also want to have everything I need. Is there places on the rides to store a backpack?

Please help!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: What do you take in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment071 View Post
    We are planning a trip at the end of May and was wondering what everyone takes with them into the parks. Can you take in snacks, drinks, etc? Would it be better to carry a backpack with camera, batteries, snacks, sunblock, etc? Or just carry a camera bag and stuff only the essentials in it? How easy would it be to carry a backpack on attractions as opposed to a small camera bag?

Just trying to be prepared and save a little money in the process. I don't want to take too much, but also want to have everything I need. Is there places on the rides to store a backpack?

Please help!
    Howdy!

Last time we went with our kids, in summer of '07, we took a backpack FULL of stuff (drinks, snacks, camera, sunblock, etc.) into all the parks. I also drank nothin' but free ice water, from any eatery we were close to at the time, in all the parks to save even more $.
    As far as gettin' the backpack on attractions/rides most weren't a problem. Just don't forget to take it with you. Also, depending on how many or who is in your party, you can just leave it with someone that dosen't want to do that particular thing.
    It worked great for us...!

BTW...
    We also all took turns carryin' the backpack...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Just a bottle of frozen water so that I don't have to deal with security. Otherwise, I'll pack some sandwiches and snacks, too and use a backpack.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Also, while I'm still here...

The backpack was not too heavy to lug around. It was pretty light, actually. just don't load it down with too many drinks...
    We started takin' it the previous trip in '04, after on the trip before that, in '01, we had a few experiences that we thought we could fix.
    We took no food or drinks into the park and ended up waiting in long lines just to get snacks. Was much better to just sit down and snack when we wanted on cheap stuff we brought along.
    Also, that first time we brought 3 pairs of glasses for DS. He lost the first pair, who knows where, and after we strapped on the second pair to prevent that, the second pair lost a lense the next day. Both times we went with nothing to keep spare pair in (no fanny packs or nothin') and had to go back to resort.
    Essentially, when your in the parks and have a minor emergency, we found that if we had everything we ever would probably need "just in case" we wouldn't be stuck without or stuck with havin' to pay a bit too much for things we might need...

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I normally take one of those backpacks that close with ties. They can't get too heavy, but holds quite a lot. Also, my water bottles are only half full so they are not too heavy and then I get a glass of water and ice and fill them.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

In my backpack I take a rain jacket, camera, and any books that I want to bring along. In years past I've taken Lou's books and the Hidden Mickeys books. The little yellow ones by Steve Barrett
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i packed all kinds of things with me.. but every time i have went i have had a stroller.. this time i will not have a stroller or a kiddo its going to be so strange to me.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I carry a small Disney backpack with ponchos, cameras, extra batteries, sunscreen, small travel wallet with one photo ID and one credit card, extra napkins and wetnaps for spills, and water bottle. It is fairly light, fits on all attractions, and had everything we'll need for the day.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

During any solo trips I take, I'll usually stick a paperback novel in my back pocket, just so I have something to read on the bus or while waiting for an attraction.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

I usually carry a backpack around with me when I go. The backpack holds my wallet, cell phone, camera, batteries, poncho/umbrella, books, park maps, drinks, snacks. Anything that I would need in the park. It is very helpful to me and they usually are not heavy!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

toad is offline A-Ticket holder

We have gone the last 2 years and have taken a hip pack and a backpack. My wife has the hip pack and I carry the backpack. We have 2 kids who are 7 and 5. The backpack contains our ponchos, sun screen, a box of either kool aid or crystal light singles (we buy a couple of bottles of water at the beginning of our trip and then refill them during the day. Each person has their own bottle and we wash them every night.) We also have the kids autograph books, our cameras are in a gallon size zippered bag. In the hip pack my wife carries a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small bottle of advil, our keys to the world, fastpasses during the day, extra pin backs, our cell phones, a small bottle of tums, wet naps, and my wallet.

hope this helps, and have a great trip!!

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    We have gone the last 2 years and have taken a hip pack and a backpack. My wife has the hip pack and I carry the backpack. We have 2 kids who are 7 and 5. The backpack contains our ponchos, sun screen, a box of either kool aid or crystal light singles (we buy a couple of bottles of water at the beginning of our trip and then refill them during the day. Each person has their own bottle and we wash them every night.) We also have the kids autograph books, our cameras are in a gallon size zippered bag. In the hip pack my wife carries a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small bottle of advil, our keys to the world, fastpasses during the day, extra pin backs, our cell phones, a small bottle of tums, wet naps, and my wallet.

hope this helps, and have a great trip!!

hi milton wv!!!

im from ashland.. we need to start our own disney meet up here its so kool to see somone so close to my area
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I have seen alot of people talking about taking books to read while waiting for attractions or transportation. No offense, but how can a person read when all of Disney is in front of you waiting to bombard your senses. (Unless of course you are reading Lou's book lol).

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

For the day, we carry the bare essentials..camera, sunblock, water, small pocket size snacks... Cargo pockets rule!! We also pack a sack with sweatshirts etc if we go when it's cooler at night and rent a locker. Then all we have to do is go back and pick up something warmer if we need it. Beats an expensive impulse buy because you're freezing! You can always add pb&j, granola bars drink boxes etc , and grab a snack while you get your gear.
    Security stops can really slow you down during peak visit times if you carry a pack.

bottle of water,camera, sunblock,my autograph books,mini first aid kit,chap stick,a book with our dinner ressie numbers in it.. incase they are needed.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast