Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss No AP discount for tours? in the Vacation Planning forums; I can understand not getting a discount for the Africa Trek since it is so new, but I was told there was also no discount to keys to the kingdom ...
    AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

No AP discount for tours?

I can understand not getting a discount for the Africa Trek since it is so new, but I was told there was also no discount to keys to the kingdom tour either... Discounts on the tours was one (albeit of many) reasons I went with an AP. Do I need to just call again and ask someone else?

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Re: No AP discount for tours?

Wow, this must be new.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I just checked the Disney website in the passholder's section. It says that they offer 15% discount on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'd call back if I were you.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I think there are discounts for almost anything- I can understand why the new one might now. I agree that you should call back and ask. I took Keys to Kingdom in 08 and got a discount so it sure wouldn't hurt to ask.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

No discounts on the Africa Trek right now, but that might change after they raise the standard rate.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

And don't forget to always ask for your AP discount on merchandise. 10% usually. The cast members won't ask you about it, you have to tell them.

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

I remember being able use either my AP or DVC disc. I would dbl check that because that was as recent as Sept 2010.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

There are discounts for AP holders on tours and purchases at most Disney owned stores. Always ask when making a purchase or dining. The percentage depends on the type of pass you hold.

While visiting DL in December, I found that I was ALWAYS asked if I was an AP passholder. We were kicking ourselves that we hadn't gone for the $100 upgrade instead of just buying tickets for the length of our stay.

It's a good idea to keep a copy of the discounts in your wallet or purse. When a discrepancy comes up, whip out the booklet and show your proof...or ask for the manager.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    There are discounts for AP holders on tours and purchases at most Disney owned stores. Always ask when making a purchase or dining. The percentage depends on the type of pass you hold.

While visiting DL in December, I found that I was ALWAYS asked if I was an AP passholder. We were kicking ourselves that we hadn't gone for the $100 upgrade instead of just buying tickets for the length of our stay.

It's a good idea to keep a copy of the discounts in your wallet or purse. When a discrepancy comes up, whip out the booklet and show your proof...or ask for the manager.
    Yeah, I definitely tried to argue the point with him - I said it was printed on the passholder site that there is a discount for that particular tour, but he said I was mistaken.