Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Gas for rental cars in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been in Orlando for about the last five weeks and was warned not buy gas at two stations just north of Orlando International Airport that was about $4.99 ...
    Donaldfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Gas for rental cars

I have been in Orlando for about the last five weeks and was warned not buy gas at two stations just north of Orlando International Airport that was about $4.99 a gallon for gas and they don't post their prices for gas. I pulled into one of them on my way to get gas and sure enough it was $4.99. I went about a mile fruther north on 436 and got gas at the going rate in the area on several occassions before returning the car and was never charged for not a full tank. Thought it would be helpful for as many people here that rent cars while on vacation in Orlando.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Re: Gas for rental cars

We have found that gas is usually a few cents cheaper at the Hess stations on property than just outside on the parkway. Don't know why, and don't know if it's still the case but last summer it was still that way.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Good tips and thanks for sharing. If you have access to Gas Buddy mobile app or web site, you can quickly check prices and map the station where you want to fill up.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I ususally use two options, either the Hess station outside the TTC (it's on my way back to the airport from Wilderness Lodge anyway) or, depending on which way I drive to the airport, I use the 7-11 on 536.

Four things things to remember. First, be SURE to check the amount of gas you're starting with. Sometimes it's not at full, so have them mark it on your way out. Second, it's a rental car, so feel free to put in the worst possible gas you can find, as it's usually the cheapest. Third, you can usually go just about full on the tank and make it from WDW to the airport without it going anywhere near past full, so you usually don't have to wait until you're close to fill up. And finally, if you are close to the airport, certainly don't top off.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.