Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Question on Airfare... in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok. So I think I may be finally getting my dad to crack and take a vacation to WDW again!! However, it's going to have to bee a trip on ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question on Airfare...

Ok. So I think I may be finally getting my dad to crack and take a vacation to WDW again!! However, it's going to have to bee a trip on the cheap. He is retired military, so I'm thinking of using those discounts for tickets/hotels, and buying them seperately. We'd be staying at a value resort during off season (Probably September, maybe for 40th?), etc. But there's one big problem... the airfare. We'd be flying out from pittsburgh.

My question is... When/where/how to get the cheapest airfare? I know all about disney vacationing... but outside of Florida, I'm clueless. When do airlines put out deals? I know I've seen $49 flights to orlando, etc... but I just don't know the first thing about booking cheap airfare, and paying $500 for flights for two people is really one of the big things holding us back.

Any tips/Suggestions?

Thanks!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Question on Airfare...

We always get good airfare from Southwest. We just booked a one way for $79 from Long Island. We're still looking for our return trip airfare though. You should go to the Southwest home page and down load their DING!. You'll get notification of sales through it. I hear Jet Blue has good deals too. You just have to look every day on various airline web sites. It can change every day.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

LensGrinder is offline B-Ticket Holder

My wife and I flew to Orlando on Southwest in January. It was our fist time using them, but it won't be our last. We loved it. Plus with Southwest, your bags fly free, unlike all the other carriers who charge for them.
    "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We have saved money over Southwest by using Travel Velocity or others like it. It does take effort to check everyday and making best guess on when to pruchase, but with jet fuel prices increasing, I would say sooner is better than later.