Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Sending yourself snacks/food to resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova Or you could just stop on your way to the resort. Would save you the trip off property after check-in. Good idea! Now If I can ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Sending yourself snacks/food to resort

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Or you could just stop on your way to the resort. Would save you the trip off property after check-in.
    Good idea! Now If I can convince the kids...... lol!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I do know what you mean about the long haul. It sounds like you're driving to Florida from where ever it is you live. I always fly down, but usually arrive early in the morning. We stop off on our drive for a lunch at one of our favorite spots along the way, then are torn between checking in and heading out or just hitting the Walmart over near 535/536 and getting everything done in one shot. The trip is only about 10 minutes (a straight run once you get onto the road out of the TTC and head over towards Epcot), but since DVC doesn't let me check in until at least 3 or 4, I have nothing but time on my hands to go out shopping and stocking up for the week anyway.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would give a big thumbs up to Garden grocer as well. Since we're DVC with a full kitchen, I like to order breakfast items, snack items to carry for the parks (salted peanut snacks, granola bars etc.), some drinks and late night snacks, maybe even a frozen pizza or two. You can even order beer or other alcohol in the comments section. They require ID to be emailed to them, but they deliver it on the morning you arrive.

JEHI7278 is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes, we have done it several times in the past. Generally, the resort will hold your items several days in advance, so i would send your package a week in advance. Just keep in mind to send non-perishable items. We have been known to send whatever else we did not want to lug with us such as beach towels in the box.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Garden Grocer looks like a great option if you are not renting a car. I did see in that they are no longer delivering to Swan and Dolphin.

I've done this lots of times. We ususally do breakfast stuff...pop tarts, cereal bowls, Special K bars. Sometimes I do little bags of nuts and Kool Aid packets for the water. Plus I throw in whatever else I may need. Napkins, spoons.....

It really depends on where you are staying too. If you have a fridge or not.

One year we decorated our window and I shipped all that down too. Plus you now have a box to ship items home in if you need to.

Ship it UPS so you can track it about a week before you arrive. Put your confirmation # and arrival date on the label too.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

thanks again everyone for the helpful hints.

this is definatly an option to consider for my trip next year!! since we will have a fridge this time!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

MikefromBoston is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes, we have done this on 2 different trips. We ship a box full of water and diapers/pull ups and wipes, and another box of snacks and those small breakfast cereals and pop tarts. we just bought milk at the hotel after we checked in and kept it in the fridge. It was great to be able to take a few waters in a backpack to the parks and have snacks in the room. Of course it may be a little pricey to ship these items, but it is a convenience factor though, fortunately the shipping was free for us since my mother works in a shipping and receiving facility.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromBoston View Post
    Yes, we have done this on 2 different trips. We ship a box full of water and diapers/pull ups and wipes, and another box of snacks and those small breakfast cereals and pop tarts. we just bought milk at the hotel after we checked in and kept it in the fridge. It was great to be able to take a few waters in a backpack to the parks and have snacks in the room. Of course it may be a little pricey to ship these items, but it is a convenience factor though, fortunately the shipping was free for us since my mother works in a shipping and receiving facility.
    I think it would be an awful lot cheaper just to order everything to be delivered. Can't guarantee it, but it might be good to compare prices from gardengrocer.com and others in the area.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Depends on how picky you are with your snacks and stuff, Alice.com ships free. There is also a new rising star DormMoms that is branching out beyond dorms.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

thanks for the suggestions everyone...as may gets closer i will see what we will do. we do have the dining plan again and that seemed to really work out well in august we barely bought anything out of pocket, but it would be nice to have some stuff in the room especially snacks and cereal for the morning cause it was hard for y daughter to wait for breakfst
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12