Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Refillable Mug Price Hike in the Vacation Planning forums; As we suspected, we now know how Disney will pay for their new Micro-Chip Souvenir Mug, dispensing system. Disney Food Blog is reporting... Refillable Mug Price Hike Disney resort refillable ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Refillable Mug Price Hike

As we suspected, we now know how Disney will pay for their new Micro-Chip Souvenir Mug, dispensing system.

Disney Food Blog is reporting...

Refillable Mug Price Hike

Disney resort refillable mugs will now cost $14.49, plus tax, meaning they’ll be over $15.00 when all is said and done.
    Current Souvenir Mug Info

NOTE: As of July 2011, Disney is testing an RFID micro-chip system to ensure mugs are not used outside of the dates they were paid for. Check out refillable mug experiment details here.
    Beach Club Marketplace Refillable Mug Station
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Refillable Mug Price Hike

I don't mind paying more when I can have the added technology in my Diet Coke.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I know there are other folks on these forums who are going to have a lot to say but... my only comment is that raising the price, when you're adding limitations as to how often you can refill said mug... not the best decision I've seen Dis make. For people like me who can drink about a gallon of liquid in a single meal (that's not as big of an exaggeration as it sounds like), not being able to refill but every 5 minutes is gonna stink. But I digress... price hikes these days anywhere just aren't a shock regardless.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'll just be forced to drink more and more coffee to get my money's worth.....I do not have a problem with that!!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm there right now and my wife pointed out to me on Sunday when she brought her brothers over to Roaring Forks. I couldn't remember the old price, so $15 sounded like an average Disney price gouge for syrup water in a plastic mug.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Good thing I don't have a large family. Seems to be getting a bit pricey.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Disneydreamin25 is offline A-Ticket holder

If you break it down on an average 5 day stay that's 3 dollars a day and considering I live in Western New York, that's one bottle of water/pop a day. I don't know about you or your family that's pretty easy to do. That's just my take on it not trying to justify the hike but the shorter stay people may not find the value but over a long stay it's actually pretty economical.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneydreamin25 View Post
    If you break it down on an average 5 day stay that's 3 dollars a day and considering I live in Western New York, that's one bottle of water/pop a day. I don't know about you or your family that's pretty easy to do. That's just my take on it not trying to justify the hike but the shorter stay people may not find the value but over a long stay it's actually pretty economical.
    I guess if you break it down per day, I can see what you mean. I'm just gonna have to stay longer! BTW, welcome to the boards!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

If you think about a large coke being almost $3 per drink, $15 is only 5 drinks. So will you drink more than 5 during your stay? Then it will probably be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    If you think about a large coke being almost $3 per drink, $15 is only 5 drinks. So will you drink more than 5 during your stay? Then it will probably be worth it.
    True. But only if they implement this into the parks. If it's only at the resorts, then it depends how much time you spend at the hotel. If you're out and about most of the time, then no. If you tend to stay on the hotel grounds, then maybe.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

We use to always buy them when we stayed for 2 weeks. Bargain and that was before coffee maker in the rooms. My DH can drink coke early in morning the 3 others nope and real juice is not part of the choices.

We are often out late in parks and QS is often closed in our hotel when we get back. I guess it would depend what hotel we are staying at and how close we land to the QS area and the hours it is open in the future.
    Can buy a lot of soda for $60.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Is there still truth to them giving you the mug for free if you do the dining plan?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Is there still truth to them giving you the mug for free if you do the dining plan?
    I booked my WDW package the other week, and it was included in the dining plan. Whether it is free, I'm not sure.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

At least a month ago it was free with with dining plan. New one should be out for 2012, we shall see.

I use my "old" mugs so much, I guess it is a cheap souvenir, with pop benefits. I have 4 that are 20 years old. Wooba! Dixie and AK my favorites. Regrets, they are are generic vs. resort specific now.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Regrets, they are are generic vs. resort specific now.
    That describes pretty much everything at WDW these days, be it resort or park. The only thing they haven't standardized are the resort and park themed pins, at this point. Well, those and your dash board parking pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast