Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Daily Budget?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi I've been to the World a handful of times before - and I ALWAYS get this wrong. How much to expect to spend on a daily basis. I'm trying ...
    drifter is offline A-Ticket holder

Daily Budget??

Hi

I've been to the World a handful of times before - and I ALWAYS get this wrong.

How much to expect to spend on a daily basis.

I'm trying to figure out how much cash and / or travellers cheques to take.
    There'll be two adults and two kids staying at A.S. Movies (so breakfast will probably be from the food court) But for lunches and dinners what would you expect to pay. And then of course - pins, hats, pens ..........etc!

Any accurate predictions or real-life results would be extremely well received.

Thanks guys!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    One tip I would like to give you is, If you can eat in your room do it. So stop and grab some food at the grocery store or bring some with you and make food in your room. You will save a lot more money then going out and buying food in the parks.

Another good idea is to bring snacks with you and bottles to refill with water while in the parts. That way you can have more money for pins, pens and whatever else you would like to take home with you.

As far as a budget, I am not positive but I would just say try and save money by buying food from a grocery store. It will help out a lot.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I budget $50 per day per person for food. As far as souvenirs and extras go, you will have to decide what you can afford and limit yourself to that. Everybody's budget will be different where that is concerned. I will tell you that for myself and my husband our standard budget is $200 per day (including food). We don't normally spend it all, but on the other hand we have whipped out the credit card on a few trips because of some "must have" we didn't anticipate buying.
    They call me "Nana"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I usually plan on spending close to $50 a day on food and such for myself and about $25 each for my kids, but if I stick to counter service and each bfast stuff in my room (cereal bars, pop tarts, etc) and pack a few snacks for my kids, I usually don't need to spend all that, and have some extra left. However, if I save for an nice table service dinner, that "extra" is usually spent there.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Right now we budget $200 a day for everything for our family of 4.(but our youngest is only a year and a half and we do not pay for him to eat at most meals at this time). We also just have fruit snacks and breakfast bars in the morning for breakfast as we are walking out of the hotel. Like iwannabeminnie said...sometimes we don't spend that much in a day, sometimes we spend over. It's usually ends up balancing itself out when you take an average of our entire trip. I do also however keep a little extra (not included) in the budget off by itself just in case we run across something that we just cannot live without!!!

drifter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great info thanks. I like the fact that it all points to a similar figure per day per person.
    How about the cash versus cheques (or checks) issue. Although I'll be able to use my ASM room key as a payment option.

I carry mine in traveller's checks. I don't like carrying around a lot of cash. If I take the traveller's checks I know where I am on my spending. It is too easy for me to lose track on the credit card.
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We take a little cash just in case but the majority of our money is travellers checks. I do tend to put too much on the room key so I will really have to watch that next trip.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Speaking of the room key/credit card, kids are given a ticket, can their card be used as a credit card? Does anyone know?

You can allow it or block it for each individual card.
    They call me "Nana"

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Speaking of the room key/credit card, kids are given a ticket, can their card be used as a credit card? Does anyone know?
    You can block for each card and the card will say "Not valid for charging", we do that with the kids cards all the time(Brian is just thrilled to have his name on a Disney ID card)
    Maggie

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Yes and there is a credit limit placed on it, for example, $500.00
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    for my upcoming trip, all my meals are paid for already (Magic Your Way and whatnot). but for me and my then-wife (our honeymoon) I'm gonna take $100 a day ($50 each). that's for souvenirs, snacks, and the most expensive commodity of all: adult beverages. I thought that was a lot, but most people seem to think that's about average.

If we can dream it, we can do it

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    We also have Magic Your Way + Dining, so our budget for drinks, souvenirs, dole whips, etc. is going to be $100/day. I think we can do it!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    We just got back, and ended up doing it on an average of 60 a day! And that included gifts for family, gifts for each other, and a lot of kungaloosh!!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!