Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Admission prices went up. Is Universal next? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to WDW in September and thought we would visit Universal while we were down there. The advance purchase discount is only $3 a person so we were ...
    disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder

Admission prices went up. Is Universal next?

We are going to WDW in September and thought we would visit Universal while we were down there. The advance purchase discount is only $3 a person so we were going to wait and buy our tickets when we got there. Just in case we change our minds. Now that Disney has raised their prices, has anyone heard if Universal is going to follow suit?

Also, if you have been there lately, the meal deal the Universal is offering, is that a good thing? It looks reasonable but then lots of things do until you try it.

Thanks for any help.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Seeing that this is a Disney forum we really don't know what goes on over at the "other" theme park.
    But I am sure they will raise them soon
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Universal?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face

Sorry. I just thought there are so many locals on this board that someone might be willing to help.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by disneycdk
    Sorry. I just thought there are so many locals on this board that someone might be willing to help.

I am sure if someone knows they will post.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Not a local but, I far as I know they aren't going to raise there prices. I went yesterday and got my tickets for Disney. 5 Day Hopper for 235.00 gov rate. I was afraid that our rates would go up too. I am not going to till Dec. But at least I have my tickets now at a lower rate.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    what is universal? ....... Oh I remember it is the cheap copy of WDW that is always overcrowded because it is in such a small space and seems to try to top Disney at every turn but it can not do it. So who cares about universal since it is a Disney site.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    haha, hey, come on now. They are legit questions. I'm not sure about everything that goes on "over there", but here's a good site to start. As far as raised prices...I'm sure Universal is not too far behind. It never is.

Universal Info
    Tina

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Sorry, I can't help: We purchase our tickets here in the UK before travelling!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    Sorry, I can't help: We purchase our tickets here in the UK before travelling!!
    I usually do too, But where do you get the best deals We seemed to get a good price at Travel city direct last year even tho we didnt travel with them!!! Going next Feb so no rush

universal is fine
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

ive been to universal a coupla times
    Adrien

Quote Originally Posted by disneycdk
    We are going to WDW in September and thought we would visit Universal while we were down there. The advance purchase discount is only $3 a person so we were going to wait and buy our tickets when we got there. Just in case we change our minds. Now that Disney has raised their prices, has anyone heard if Universal is going to follow suit?

Also, if you have been there lately, the meal deal the Universal is offering, is that a good thing? It looks reasonable but then lots of things do until you try it.

Thanks for any help.
    you can only get certin foods on the "meal deal" i think they are, pasta, pizza, chicken and some thing else theres signs everywhere about the meal deal
    Adrien

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by #1EeyoreFan View Post
    I went yesterday and got my tickets for Disney. 5 Day Hopper for 235.00 gov rate.
    Government rate? How does one know if that rate applies to them? I have never heard of this!

KUNGALOOSH!!!