Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss disney savings guide worth the price? in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone spent the $20 to buy this E-book? Is it workth it? If not or you have tried one that is, can you let me know? I posted this ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

disney savings guide worth the price?

Has anyone spent the $20 to buy this E-book? Is it workth it? If not or you have tried one that is, can you let me know? I posted this in the budgeting section as well, so don't get mad for double post please
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I honestly haven't seen it but it would be interesting to find out if someone else knows

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I have not seen or heard of this "E-Book".

I have purchased and enjoyed Birnbaums "Official Guide to Walt Disney World" and enjoyed it. I also recieved the :Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" as a gift. Although I don't agree with all I read there, this book was the one that lead me to Mousesavers and prompted me to begin booking and planning my own trips.

Personally I subscribe to the Mousesavers Newsletter and enjoy thier site emmensly.

Welcome to DWT!!!!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-14-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Can't say I've heard of the e-book either, but Chris & Kristal Carlson's Disney on a Dime has a lot of great tips. I also second MickeyBabe's recommendation of Mousesavers.com - they have the most up-to-date discount information anywhere.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

You guys haven't heard of it? Its advertised here! LOL! I think the website is WD-secrets.com Its supposed to be an ex CM who tells you how to book and save tons of cash. For 20 bucks i may have to be the guinea pig
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

oops make that WD-secrets.com. Man my cousin has it so easy. He lives in Orlando and has season passes.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hmmmm, It'll be interesting to see if they are the same tips that you get for free on Mousesavers.

Have at it and give us the full report!!!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Anyone wanna contribute a dollar? I'll get it and email it out! we'll start our own pyramid scheme for a Disney trip! Just kidding!. I'll check out mousesavers too! $20 isn't all that much i guess. I can pack pb&j for a week to work

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I don't know about this, but I subscribed to Tour Guide Mike last year before our trip and thought it was a waste of money. I didn't find out anything I didn't already know, but then I know quite a bit.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Disney on a Dime is really good if you aren't a WDW fanatic.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Well I'm becoming a fanatic. The wife saw me on the computer today and asked if I was looking at Disney stuff again. I'm a junkie, I need help

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Well I'm becoming a fanatic. The wife saw me on the computer today and asked if I was looking at Disney stuff again. I'm a junkie, I need help

Well, we all have that issue here. So you are in the right place until you realize that this place takes so much of your time!!! We are a support group! But my addiction to this place I still need therapy for! lol

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My husband used to say he was a disney widower as I spent the weeks prior to leaving for our disney trips on the internet searching for interesting tips/places of interest. When he realised how much we saved on our second WDW trip(& we stayed on site) he decided it was a valuable time investment so save hundreds of dollars(probably over $1000 if you count accommodation/car hire too) and have a more interesting trip second time round. We searched out hidden things to do and visited a few more resorts and did things we would not have known about if not for message boards. Disney junkies rule!

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Can't say I've heard of the e-book either, but Chris & Kristal Carlson's Disney on a Dime has a lot of great tips. I also second MickeyBabe's recommendation of Mousesavers.com - they have the most up-to-date discount information anywhere.
    I've read and re-read this one and I love it! (In fact, it's next to my keyboard right now, lol!) Definitely worth the price!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Grumpy3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd have to say that between reading several Disney forum sites, Mousesavers, and learning from past trips we've been able to reduce our overall costs and usually were able to do most everything we wanted to do on our last 3 trips.
    Offsite May-1987, October-1989, May-2002
    Wilderness Lodge June-2003, June-2005, June-2006, June-2007, June-2009
    All-Star Movies June 2007