Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Chase Disney Rewards Card in the Vacation Planning forums; I have one as well. And no, it doesn't earn rewards quickly if you consider the fact that you earn back only 1/100th of every dollar you spend, but I ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I have one as well. And no, it doesn't earn rewards quickly if you consider the fact that you earn back only 1/100th of every dollar you spend, but I guess that depends on how much you use the card too. I use it to pay for my flights (among other things) at school. Last week, for example, I managed to spend $1,300 on flight expenses (and one tank of gas for my car). That translates into $13 in rewards, or a free counter service meal at the World, assuming I was able to put it all on my Disney card. And I earned that entirely on money I was going to have to pay anyway for school. But the problem I have is that I was issued the card with a measely little $1,000 credit limit, which is a bummer because I can never put ALL of my flight expenses on there, I have to keep another card as a backup, and I end up having to pay the dang Disney card off every other week or so just so I can continue to use it and earn rewards. It's frustrating, yes, but I've already racked up $65 in rewards in the 4+ months I've had the card. And that number would have been higher too, if I had a higher credit limit to work with.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    If you have paid it off everytime, just call them and ask for a credit limit increase. I paid mine off every month for about 6 months, and called and asked, they increased my limit to 3,000.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I earned $65 in rewards that I used on my last trip. It really helped with my shopping spree at The World of Disney!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneygirl17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have this card for a few select reasons.....a discount for buying stuff at the DTD. I believe if you spend a certain amount you get a percentage off. You also get discounts on tours etc....

Now as for using this to save money for the trip I do not do it. I don't carry credit card balances from month to month so I don't pay attention to the APR on this card. They do offer 6 months no interest on disney vacations and you can get on board credits for putting your disney cruise on the card. I have done this as well.

I researched other rewards cards and use them for savings money for disney. I have one now that gives you 3% back so I use that. Therefore I get a check every few months for the 3% of all that I charge. That is higher than the disney card and I put those checks into an account to help me save for my next trip. This works well for me.

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love this card! It is the only credit card I use and I cash in all my rewards points before every trip and sometimes it pays for a shopping spree, a large meal, or just casual expenses around the park. If you go to Disney often and use a credit card to pay for most of your everyday expenses, I think the card is well worth it. If you use multiple cards, it would be tougher to earn reward dollars in a short period of time.

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Do any of you who have this card know if it carries auto rental or travel insurance like some other credit cards do? Also, I only get to go to WDW every 2 or 3 years. Do you think my points would expire before I go on my next trip?

Thanks for you help!
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue donkey View Post
    Do any of you who have this card know if it carries auto rental or travel insurance like some other credit cards do? Also, I only get to go to WDW every 2 or 3 years. Do you think my points would expire before I go on my next trip?

Thanks for you help!
    Can't help with the auto rental or travel insurance stuff, but I can tell you that if you leave your points on your credit card itself, you have like 4 years or so before they expire (I don't know the exact length of time, but it's a long while... so no worries). However, seeing as in order to spent them you need to transfer them to a separate reward card, once they have been transfered there you only have 1 year to use them. So I guess the trick is to only transfer over the points you intend to use. You can always transfer more later if you need them, but once they are on that card, they are going to expire much quicker, so be careful.
    -Don-

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the info on the points Main Street, USA! I definitely would hope that I get to go to WDW at least 1x/4 years.
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We usually use our Reward Dollars to help pay the maintenance fees on our DVC points, but I also just used them to pay for my DDE card.
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Am I the only one who just uses the Disney card for *every* purchase I make? Everything from shampoo to trans-continental flights, goes on the Disney Visa card. Then when I get home that night, I use online banking to just transfer the money from my checking account to the Disney Visa. The net effect is no different than if I use my bank's debit card for everything (or cash from an ATM), except that I earn a heck of a lot of Reward points.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Am I the only one who just uses the Disney card for *every* purchase I make? Everything from shampoo to trans-continental flights, goes on the Disney Visa card. Then when I get home that night, I use online banking to just transfer the money from my checking account to the Disney Visa. The net effect is no different than if I use my bank's debit card for everything (or cash from an ATM), except that I earn a heck of a lot of Reward points.
    I try to do pretty much this same thing... I use this card for just about everything, and then pay it all off before its due each month. I try never to charge any more than I actually have to pay it off with, so that I can always pay it off clean and never run a balance, and in effect its no different than if I were to have paid through any other source... except that for ever $100 dollars I spend I get a dollar to use for Disney stuff.
    -Don-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12