Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Chase Disney Rewards Card in the Vacation Planning forums; hope this is in the right forum....... i just applied for the Disney Chase credit card. anyone have this? can you fill me in on how it works? how much ...
    Vanilla Gorilla is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Chase Disney Rewards Card

hope this is in the right forum.......

i just applied for the Disney Chase credit card. anyone have this? can you fill me in on how it works? how much of my purchase go towards rewards? how do i redeem them?

thanks.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    You earn reward dollars for the amount of money you spend on the card. For every $100 you spend,you earn $1 reward dollar. Once you have accumulated $20in rewards, you can request a rewards card. Once your rewards dollars are transferred to the rewards card, they have to be used before the card expires. So a general rule is to not transfer any rewards dollars until you are about to use them. Transfers can be done over the phone and tak eeffect immediately. I use my rewards as my spending money on each trip to WDW.

Vanilla Gorilla is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    thanks for the assist.

can i use the reward money on anything? meals? snacks? drinks?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I personally have not tried to use them for that purpose, but I don't see why you couldn't.

I have used my rewards to help offset the cost of our Premium Annual Passes.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I have been a member since Day 1. The reward cards are neat and will probably be collectors' items in 50-60 years. On the serious side, you do have to accumulate a certain number of points before you can get a card and then be able to transfer your points to it. The points do expire, but it takes several years.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    It's pretty hard to build up a large amount of points since it translates into 1 point for every 100 dollars but I find that the various offers are the real benefit. Check the website often because they sometimes have deals on theme park admissions, merchandise or broadway shows. Plus there are pins that are only available to cardholders if you're into that scene.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What is the website?

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I have one, it is so cute!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    I have even used my rewards (or the card, that is) at the Bike Barn in Fort Wilderness. Chase will sometimes offer double points or other incentives to earn points faster, too. It's a pretty cool card.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    thanks for the assist.

can i use the reward money on anything? meals? snacks? drinks?
    I know you can use them for meals on property, but since we were staying at a WDW resort we just charged everything to the room and then at check out we applied our points. It is difficult to accumulate points, so if you have any expensive purchases coming up use the card. We put a down payment on a car about 2 months before we left and we charged it, that really racked up the points. Like DS 2000 said sometimes they offer specials that double your rewards, so look for those or call and ask them about it.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Is this the same card with the god-awful percentage rate?

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yes it is an awful APR.

I just charged park tickets on it and before I did I called and told them I was thinking about cancelling because of the percentage.
    They lowered it for me, but it's still awful.

Lol I am so sneaky.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I have never been convinced to get this card. I just can't justify having to spend 100 dollars to get 1 point. However, I didn't know you get other discounts and whatnot sometime. I still don't need one, but that is good to know that it has a better offer like discounts.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yeah the rewards really aren't that great. My main reason for getting one was just that if I am going to be spending money at least I am getting something. I know other cards offer better cash rewards but I wanted to try out the Disney one. Plus the cards are so cute!!!
    I do like the exclusive pins you can get with it, I have gotten most of those.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

DISNEY~PRINCESS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes I have a Disney Visa and love it! we earn reward dollars for every 100.00 you spend. I cash them in right before our trip and always end up with 150.00 or so on the card. You could use them anywhere Disney owns. We use them for the character dinners, or buying snacks. They give you a debit card so to speak. It's great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast