Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Question on Discounts in the Vacation Planning forums; Does purchasing a Disney vacation package with a Chase Disney Credit card provide you with a discount? If so, I was wondering if you could use a AAA discount along ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Question on Discounts

Does purchasing a Disney vacation package with a Chase Disney Credit card provide you with a discount? If so, I was wondering if you could use a AAA discount along with the Chase Disney Credit Card to purchase one of the advertised $1600 vacation packages.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Strictly purchasing a Disney vacation on the Disney Visa does not necessarily give you a discount. Although, they do at times have special promotions and discounts offered through it. But either way, you wouldn't be able to combine any two discounts. You would either have to choose the Disney Visa discount or the AAA. It's the same if you are a Passholder and they offer room discounts, you can get either the AAA or Passholder discount, but not both. It's a shame, because it sure would be nice if they would allow you to apply both discounts!

Ok, so does anyone know what the standard AAA discount is? Is it on Hotel reservations or park tickets?
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Hotel reservations is usually about 10%. I've never purchased park tickets at AAA, but I do believe they sell them a bit cheaper than what you would be able to get them at the gate, but with the new "My Way" ticket pricing that WDW offers (the longer you stay, the cheaper the daily ticket price is), you might be better off purchasing through a package offer.

hugemickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I actually checked into AAA rates while planning my upcoming trip. When I did the price comparison it was actually cheaper to book through Disney. The discount AAA prices were valid off peak season rates no matter what time of year you planned on going. Since Disney offers different rates through out the year it was cheaper to book through them for off peak times. Hopefully this helps you out.

Huge Mickey Fan

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    This info is from the Mousesavers website:

AAA and CAA Resort Hotel Discounts

"American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.
    In general, the discounts run as follows:
    • During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
    • During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
    • During Peak Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.
    • The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) and Summer Season at the Value and Moderate resorts.

You don't have to book AAA/CAA rates through the Auto Club. Room-only reservations with an AAA discount can be booked directly through the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. Just ask if there is an AAA or CAA discount for your dates and resort.
    AAA/CAA rates for all of the following year are usually released in the summer. 2006 AAA/CAA "room only" discounts were released on June 30, 2005. 2007 AAA/CAA "room only" discounts were released on August 6, 2006"

You can also check out Moousesavers website for other discounts that may apply during the time of year your going. I actually had a AAA discount applied to my room but I found a better discount and Disney just switched it for the better one. It's like a big game tring to find the best rate. Good Luck!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I am a Disney Visa cardholder, and we don't get any discounts on booking our trips. However, you get a special financing plan (6 months no interest) on your WDW vacation. Since you have to pay it off with the mouse 45 days before your trip, that gives you 4.5 months after you get home to pay off the vacation.

I am pretty sure you can book with Disney, use the AAA 10% off hotel room discount, and get the Disney Visa financing.

Hope that helps!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

I now see that WDW has a special going on for January 07. I believe it was $385 per adult. I'm trying to convince the wife to go but she's saying something about not on a credit card....not sure I stopped listening and started imagining myself walking down Main Street! I so need help!