Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Trouble with downloading podcast in the Site News and Information forums; Hey Lou and listeners, I have listened to, laughed at and gotten all teary eyed over the podcasts since you started. Now - all of a sudden - I can't ...
    Poohsmimi is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy Trouble with downloading podcast

Hey Lou and listeners,

I have listened to, laughed at and gotten all teary eyed over the podcasts since you started. Now - all of a sudden - I can't download the podcasts to my Toshiba Gigabeat. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I can't figure it out! Help me - I am so sad without my weekly fix.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    they have been downloading fine for me, have you tried to listen to them on your gigabeat before, or was this your first attempt?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    What kind of problems are you experiencing? Please email me and I will try to help you get your MouseTunes fix!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Unhappy

I have been using my gigabeat since last year. The message says that the sampling frequency and/or bit rate is outside the standard range. I am at a loss.
    Maybe I should just toss it and get an IPod. I don't have this problem with the other guy's podcast (which I am listening to out of desperation.) So it is just something with this podcast. the problem started with the Dec. 3rd podcast.

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I had the same problem with my Creative Zen player, all of a sudden they stopped working. I now convert them the WMA format using my Creative media software before tranferring them to my player.

The funny thing is they always played okay on the computer.
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

Thank you Britmick! I didn't know that I could convert them but I know now. I converted my podcasts and they play just dandy on my gigabeat. So a great big THANK YOU for your help. I am a very happy lady. Happy New Year to you.

We haven't done anything different with the encoding, but I will see what I can play with for next week so everyone can listen to the original encoding again!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Glad to be of help I don't want you missing your weekly fix of babbling

The other advantage of converting them to WMA format is they take up less space on your player so when Lou and Nathan are on a babblefest (see 31st Dec show 2hrs) you can hear it all and get even more shows on your MP3.

.....don't get me wrong though I love the extra long shows
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

Well, things were working great. Then I tried to convert the show on the 31st and I can't. So I am back to square one. But at least I could do the other three show for December. Will try again with the new show on Sunday.

The only change I found in the mp3 configuration was a force to mono on the last few podcast. This weeks (that just went live 2 min ago) I went ahead and put it back to stereo. Hopefully that fixed your problem. Remember worse comes to worse you can always listen live on the MouseTunes website.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

Hey, I am back! And so are you! I didn't have any problem at all with the new podcast. I didn't have to convert or anything. YAHOOO! I am listening to you Nathan saying you can't wait to see the end of " the year of a million dreams". I just wanted to let you know I won a pair of ears! I received them the other day in the mail and they are really cute. But I would really like to win one of the trips. Oh well, I will just be happy I can listen to you two babble away. Thanks again.
    Poohsmimi

I am glad that fixed the problem for you. Thank you for hanging in there!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose