Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Improv Game in the Site News and Information forums; What's everyone feel about the suggestion made during this week's show? Personally, I find it kind of lame and wouldn't be in favor of it....
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Improv Game

What's everyone feel about the suggestion made during this week's show?

Personally, I find it kind of lame and wouldn't be in favor of it.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sure it's lame... and goofy -- which is why I love it!!!! I think it'd be a lot of fun. In fact, I won't be able to go to the World for a while, but I'd be more than willing to do it here at the office! :-)

gecko68 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Where is your imagination?
    Imagine being on the outside of the mp3 synch.
    Seeing a bunch of random people bouncing like tigger all of a sudden.
    Or people release balloons in synch, that can be seen from all over the park.
    or play the Micky Mouse March, and people who's names begin with A-K say the M-I-C-K-E-Y part, and the rest say M-O-U-S-E.

I'm sure you all can come up with other ideas for the ...
    (unofficial name ) MouseTunes Synch-a-long

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm always up for making myself look like an idiot.
    They call me "Nana"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    IDK, sounds a bit much for me. Other than getting a lot of strange looks, what would you get out of it? How would it be fun for people around you? Guess I'd need a little more before thinking it would be fun.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think I'll pass. It sounds too much like the text message game that was talked about earlier in the year.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    IDK, sounds a bit much for me. Other than getting a lot of strange looks, what would you get out of it? How would it be fun for people around you? Guess I'd need a little more before thinking it would be fun.
    You are doing something together as a group. That (a) might make other people notice and make DWT, Magical Mountain, and MouseTunes more popular (b) having fun with other people, etc

It's like asking why go to mousefest or magic meets, etc? You aren't going to go ride attractions you are going to do social things with people.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

I don't consider randomly shouting out "Lez Do It" a social thing. That might make other people notice and consider us a bunch of wackos who should be thrown out of the parks.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

No one ever said shout "lez do it" but everyone releasing a mickey mouse balloon, or everyone wearing there shirt inside out, etc.....the possibilities are endless..personally I think this person has a wonderful idea, and as seen in other venues, Best Buy, home Depot, it works and gets attention.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I don't consider randomly shouting out "Lez Do It" a social thing. That might make other people notice and consider us a bunch of wackos who should be thrown out of the parks.
    Are you concerned that people consider us wackos or notice that we ARE wackos?
    They call me "Nana"

I think we already are

I just googled that group here is some info: http://www.improveverywhere.com/miss...?mission_id=59
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

Quote Originally Posted by nrose101 View Post
    No one ever said shout "lez do it".
    actually, they did in the original email from Dan you read on the show. [1:00:34]

And releasing balloons is bad for the environment, not to mention expensive if you have to buy them at the park.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Yeah, but bouncing like Tigger is FREE!
    They call me "Nana"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Since I've had a couple of people email me about this and where I stand, I figured I'd chime in publicly on my feelings on the idea:

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of this idea. At all. While it may have worked in the past for what amounts to an improv group in a venue like store, mall, etc. it is not what I would like to do or how I would like to have DWT represented.

This is not an affront on Nathan or the listener, but just my opinion.

I do believe that this is NOT the way to attract the type of attention we as a community are looking for. I think (especially in WDW), you run the risk of looking like the aforementioned "wackos" that we (internally) know we are.

What would we as a community potentially gain from walking around the MK in slow motion, or (to use your example) wearing your beautiful new DWT shirt (makes a nice post-holiday gift BTW ) inside out, or just bouncing around?

If all these people would just gather together wearing their shirts, lanyards, etc., isn't that enough publicity? Wouldn't people stop and see who we/you all are and what your shirts say?

The Best Buy thing worked for them because it was unique, and was funny because they looked like Best Buy employees. I think if you try to go into WDW looking like a Cast Member, someone who is dressed like a WDW Security Officer might want to talk to you. I'm sure the Best Buy managers weren't all too thrilled either. Not worth a potential laugh or eviction from the parks IMHO.

Again, not to say the concept may not have had some merit outside of WDW, but it's been done, and it's methodologies do not reflect what I want the site, books and podcast (all of which bear my name) to represent. Go to WDW, bring your book, wear your shirt, pin or lanyard proudly, and just enjoy yourself and share your love of Disney and this community while you're there. That's the best way in my eyes to characterize our family in a dignified manner that is respectful to other Guests.

(Lou steps off his little soapbox)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

spoil sport
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast