Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss January 7, 2007 Show in the Site News and Information forums; All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - That quote come from Walt Disney, and is a great way to usher in the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

January 7, 2007 Show

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - That quote come from Walt Disney, and is a great way to usher in the New Year! Welcome back to the MouseTunes™ Disney Podcast for the week of January 7, 2007 for another year of fun and babbling! On this show, Lou and Nathan get back to their post-holiday, post-MouseFest, post-feedback-marathon New and Walt Disney World® Rumor Mill segments you know and love. They also get into the first of the "7 Wonders of Walt Disney World®" segment with something that received an overwhelming number of mentions in emails, voicemails, forum posts, and even mentions by other web sites and Disney bloggers in response to this intriguing question. -- View this week's MouseTunes™ Disney podcast show notes.

Use this thread to discuss anything you heard on the show, your opinions of this week's show, etc. I'd like to try and create one of these each week (or anyone can feel free to beat me to the punch if you like), and get reactions, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well let me say that first, this weeks show was just as awesome as the previous ones. You and Nathan always put a smile on my face!

Second, thank you sooooo much for the link to the Disney preview for POTC: AWE on Youtube, I know it's not much but it certainly gets me even more excited for this movie. I also agree with Nathan, we're already a week into the new year and we have yet to see an "official" trailer for POTC. My mom and I went to see "Happy Feet" on Thanksgiving evening and we saw a trailer for the new "Harry Potter" film, which doesn't come out till mid-July. Mind you one is a Disney film and the other is *cough cough* Warner Brothers...BUT, I think that we should be seeing a trailer (or two, or twelve) in the next couple of weeks or so...but that's my personal opinion. Being a HUGE pirate fan myself, I can't wait till "At World's End" comes out (and if tickets for the premier just happen to fall into Nathan's lap, I'll be more than happy to accompany him....he could use a personal assistant right? )

Keep up the great work guys, and I'm looking forward to next week's show!!!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You mentioned in your podcast that the DisneyWorld web site was going to be updated and modernized. I still seem to be getting the old version. I'm wondering if they held off on the new one for awhile? Anyone else getting a new and improved edition? I even deleted my cookies just in case...

I must say though, I am enjoying the new TV commercials advertising the YOAMD.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    It should be later on this month
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Great show guys! I loved the detail you gave for Spaceship Earth. It truly is a marvel and us podpeople give it the praise it deserves, because.. it.. well.. deserves it! Nice pssssssych out at the end there Nathan Keep an eye on the mousetunes mailbox
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Awesome show! Just finished it while waiting to punch in at Publix! And I cannot see how Nathan just sees Mission Space as a big graviton! (I have a huge emotional connection to the ride) Or why he thinks Soarin' is "ok" or why he has a dislike for EE...

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    Awesome show! Just finished it while waiting to punch in at Publix! And I cannot see how Nathan just sees Mission Space as a big graviton! (I have a huge emotional connection to the ride) Or why he thinks Soarin' is "ok" or why he has a dislike for EE...
    You can't??? This is the same guy who thinks that one can experience the Sistine Chapel better on SE then actually going to see one of the great masterpieces in human history!!!
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Oh, and let me give a shamless plug for my site Lou read quite a bit from my Wonders series on SE. Hope you liked it. Thanks for the idea guys, it was fun to write!

Mouse Extra

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I also agree... it is a glorified Gravitron and I hate to say it, but I like the Gravitron better!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    You can't??? This is the same guy who thinks that one can experience the Sistine Chapel better on SE then actually going to see one of the great masterpieces in human history!!!

Don't get me wrong I loved the Vatican, but I would prefer hearing the peaceful music of Spaceship Earth any day over a blaring loudspeaker repeating "dont' talk" every 20 seconds!

You have to admit it is a littler hypocritical of them.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by nrose101 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I loved the Vatican, but I would prefer hearing the peaceful music of Spaceship Earth any day over a blaring loudspeaker repeating "dont' talk" every 20 seconds!

Nathan, I guess what I mean is that it could be 105 degrees in there with the Pointer Sisters blaring so loud I would need ear plugs to keep from going deaf...and it would STILL be a better way to see the Sistine Chapel then a fairly nice replica of a very small portion of it.

But yes, I do understand the problems you speak of.

Mouse Extra

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Of course - I think you all are overlooking the true key moment of this week's podcast.

Nathan is going to be an imagineer. Yes. He had a fantastic plussing upgrade idea...

My understanding is that they're working already on it.

They're toying with names:

Big Thunder Kilimanjaro Runaway Mine Safari

Little Red's Wild Ride

Mission: Savanna

Safari Mountain

and everyone's favorite....

Big Red's Great Escape

Jonathan
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

I am humbled!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose101 View Post

I guess I will be seeing this myself in the summer...and if Nathan is right...I will eat my shoelace in the Sistine Chapel right then and there

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great facts about Spaceship Earth. Not sure if Lou has this in his "warehouse" of great trivia, but does anyone know who is playing football in that one scene? Just curious.

Dave in NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast