Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mouse | Tunes Discuss MouseTunes Jan 21st, 2007 in the Site News and Information forums; Have you been wondering what Jonathan had up his sleeve? Now YOU can find out - and help make his dreams - and the dreams of OTHERS come true. http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com ...
    Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Have you been wondering what Jonathan had up his sleeve?

Now YOU can find out - and help make his dreams - and the dreams of OTHERS come true.

http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com

Read the intro Podpeople.

Please help me reach MY goals.

One little spark of inspiration - that's all it takes folks. And I'm going to CHANGE my life.
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    You are very welcome... Now I can hardly wait to hear this Podcast , I keep them to listen to on my drive to and from DDs gymnastics on Tuesdays.

I must admit, though, upon reading about Lou's ambitions my first response was then .

I am also guilty of a tiny little when I first read it.

(Lou... who loves ya Baby? )

As I suggested, I finally got to listen to this week's podcast.

Gee, after I listened I realized I had to explain my giggle posted here earlier in the week.

Not actually knowing all that transpired during the "Marathon" part of the show, I want to clarify my above post and in particular, the giggles.

I have known Lou for almost four years now and in my experience, this man never says never. When we met, Lou was a practicing attorney, a Medical Imaging Company administrator, an IT Company owner, son and husband. At the time he was spending late nights, writing a book which as you know became The Disney World Trivia Book, Vol. 1. He has since become a father, started a website, started the Dream Team, written another book, become a father again, and began hosting a podcast as well. He always has at least one other thing "on the back burner". (Currently, the Disney walking tour CD's) All of this and he still finds time to post on the forums here, add to the main site and pop into chat now and again. He makes me tired just typing this!

He never fails to amuse me (makes me giggle) each time he says, "Hey Val, guess what I'm gonna do... ".

I giggled at the thought of the half marathon, not in his ability or resolve to do it, but wondering where he might fit it into his already busy schedule.

I can see it now...
    <--- Lou, at three in the morning, after finishing the edit of the current podcast, running and recording a "Disney walking tour" simultaneously.

You have to admire someone who doesn't just say "I think I'll do this" but someone who just does it. That is my friend Lou. The one who gets things done!

I very seldom get the time to post here after the podcasts so I would also like to add how much I enjoy the addition of Jonathan's voice over's and Jackie O's portion of the show. Very entertaining and a wonderful addition to the show!!!!

And...

Hey Lou & Nathan... you guys never fail to entertain and inform, it is no surprise to me why MouseTunes is the best Disney podcast out there!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    MickeyBabe:

What a phenomenal post. MouseTunes is a phenomenal podcast that works because of the "banter" between the two hosts (some call it babbling).
    They sort of remind me of Martin & Lewis! Hey Laddddyyyyyy!!!!

This is the best Disney podcast out there!

Lou, just when do you sleep?
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show!

Best of luck to Lou if he chooses to follow through with the half marathon. For whatever its worth, I took Nathan's reaction as good-natured ribbing between friends.

Year of a Million Dreams- I've only been listening to your podcasts for about 6 weeks, so I don't think I heard the original debate on YoaMD, but since you've mentioned it a few times lately I wanted to comment.

I understand and agree with the idea that anyone going to WDW should not go expecting to win something, and just view any prizes as a "magical bonus".

Certainly that's the best way to avoid disappointment.

But that just highlights the problems with this campaign. YoaMD is a marketing campaign, designed to convince potential guests that THIS is the time to go to WDW. Yet people are being told to not expect anything from the campaign once they arrive.

Its a contradiction. The past campaigns, like The Millineum Celebration, 100 Years of Magic, and Happiest Homecoming, were designed to make people want to be a part of something. Those campaigns didn't try to entice guests with prizes, they tried to convince them to essentially be a part of a big party.

YoaMD's selling point is the prizes, yet many will win nothing. As I said, it makes sense to visit without the expectation of winning anything, but then how is YoaMD succeeding as a marketing campaign?

For those guests that ARE convinced by the YoaMD marketing to visit because of the prizes, its inevitable that many will be disappointed with that aspect of their trip.

On top of all that, the campaign was hastily thrown together, which resulted in some of the bigger prizes, like the castle and penthouse suites, not being available for a significant portion of the campaign.

So, sorry if I'm late to the debate, but just wanted to share my perspective on the promotion.

Again, great show. I enjoy your "rambling, babbling" discussions.
    Last edited by Raidermatt; 01-26-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Oh, and also wanted to mention the Photopass segment, which was another great piece. Very informative.

I really like everything about Photopass except for their prices. For example, I'd think it would make sense to at least give a little price break on prints if you order online vs. doing it in the parks.

But that aside, its a great product.

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    When it comes to YoaMD, Raidermatt has read my mind and said it very, very well. This is nothing but a sweepstakes, and not the "best time to go to Disney's Parks!" I have been at WDW quite often since its launch, as compared to most people who go, and have only seen these Dream Squaders a couple of times. I want a celebration that I can take part in. I'm with Nathan. I can not wait until this nonsense is over...
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

And as far as Nathan's ribbing of Lou is concerned...well Nathan, you are becoming the bad cop in this relationship so getting ready for the flames

Mouse Extra

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    That's what I thought--now on with the show!!!

So how about that Photopass lady?? I was getting a little ticked at the Photopass process the other day because I had ordered a photo online and it shipped like 4 weeks ago. I finally got it on Thursday.

I loved Jackie O wants to know!! My Disney resolution would be to go to the POTC 3 premiere but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. So I guess going to the Magic Meet will have to be my Disney fun for the year. Maybe Johnny and Orlando will show up there!! Make that call Fred!!

Lori

So glad you approve Lori! Great resolutions, especially about Johnny and Orlando (ooh la la! ). I have a new resolution I came up with this week and that is to go to WDW by myself for my own personal research trip. I've never scrounged up the courage, but I'm so close, how could I deprive myself??
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

I never looked at the YOAMD in the way that RaiderMatt laid out, but yes, in a way I think he makes sense.

The 50th Anniversary was so special that it made me want to go to Disneyland, where I had never been before and really had no desire to go until the 50th. I wanted to be able to say, I went to WDW and DLR during the 50th Celebration because I wanted to be a part of it. I wanted to be there!

I will be going to WDW this year, probably at least twice, but not because I expect to win anything and actually I expect that I won't win anything. I'm just going because of my overall love for all things Disney.

What if people go to WDW or DLR for the first time because of YOAMD and then don't win anything? Will they be upset and be put off the parks all together? I guess that's the chance you take with a marketing campaign.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

I am not overly concerned about people winning or not. If you have the slightest idea of what YoaMD is, you should be ok with the fact that you're not going to win. And to be fair, they can't have an "anniversary" every year. The problem I have is the money invested here. Take the millions they have put into this and apply it to something everyone can experience.

For example, if I really wanted people to flood the gates, I would invest in Epcot's 25th. Add an e-ticket to World Showcase, turn Wonders of Life into a gatebuster. That kind of thing is what gets people jazzed. Fill the place with 25th merchandise, a new parade on the promenade...etc.

Mouse Extra

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    I am not overly concerned about people winning or not. If you have the slightest idea of what YoaMD is, you should be ok with the fact that you're not going to win. And to be fair, they can't have an "anniversary" every year. The problem I have is the money invested here. Take the millions they have put into this and apply it to something everyone can experience.

For example, if I really wanted people to flood the gates, I would invest in Epcot's 25th. Add an e-ticket to World Showcase, turn Wonders of Life into a gatebuster. That kind of thing is what gets people jazzed. Fill the place with 25th merchandise, a new parade on the promenade...etc.

I'm wondering why you don't work for Disney! Excellent points!

I, too, am looking forward to Epcot's 25th!!

I would assume that it is far too late to devise, design and build an E-ticket attraction by October for Epcot!.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123