Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Are the drawfs human or not???

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • YES

25 78.13%
  • NO

7 21.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Are Dwarfs Human??? in the Site News and Information forums; Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com I think trying to parse this issue with the variant spellings is a bit of a cop out, Well, so much for my attempt at humor. ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post

I think trying to parse this issue with the variant spellings is a bit of a cop out,
    Well, so much for my attempt at humor. I didn't realize we were having such a serious conversation on the topic. Pardon my error.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    LOL Bama Jenn I thought you were serious!!!

I was frustrated that it seems folks weren't even understanding my explanation on Nathans original statement, since I GOT why he was saying it that way, but the poll here seems to indicate that anout ¾ of the people aren't "getting it" or just disagree with it despite the evidence to the contrary, right now it is 19 to 5 "for" the Seven Dwarfs being human.

Well I'm offf to work, perhaps I'll be more ready for humor when I get home ;-)

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Heck no.. come on Brian... I may be relatively new here but by now you should've learned that I'm rarely serious about much of anything. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never really felt the Seven Dwarfs were human per se. I think I may have always felt they were sort of mythical like elves or fairies. They were very loving, kind and very loyal to Snow White. So, they certainly displayed the very best of human qualities, but I don't think I ever "interpreted" them to be "human".

Just my line of thinking...
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sorry Nathan,

Dwarfs are human.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Heck no.. come on Brian... I may be relatively new here but by now you should've learned that I'm rarely serious about much of anything. LOL!
    Despite how seriously I have been taking this thread I actually usually try not to take this kind of stuff so seriously. Like when folks were up in arms about the castle re-painting and I wrote that little painting the castle pink thing to the tune of "painting the roses red" but that's how it goes sometimes, one day I'm chuckling as I read other folks posts and saying "Disney fans need to lighten up" the next I'm having a serious debate about whether or not the Seven Dwarfs are human, and realizing that I'm one of those Disney Fans who needs to watch that! Still even though I enjoy talking seriously about these things I don't take it too seriously, I've even left a few voice mails for Allen Huffmans Disgruntled Disney Dweeb podcast on various subject, I think that any one who is putting his or herself out there on a show with a title like that must be recognizing the silliness inherent in taking this stuff seriously....does that make any sense?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    I say yes, just a different evolution of humans.

You guys are totally over anaylizing this. I mainly did it as a joke to Nathan.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ZambeziZelda is offline A-Ticket holder
    On the Nile, the longest river in the world...it goes on for Niles and Niles and Niles. What? You don't believe me?? Well, you must be in deNile....
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    You guys are totally over anaylizing this. I mainly did it as a joke to Nathan.
    Hey, it's a pretty good question, why not analyze it?

As for whether or not the Dwarves are human, I say: I have no idea! I tried to decide for myself, but it kind of made my head hurt, so I'm going to go back to my happy state of ignorance
    You who crave danger and snicker at fear...

Kungaloosh!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I dont think they are because Im an avid fan of Lord of the Rings and Humans and Dwarfs each have their own representatives in the Council of Elrond, hence they are not human.

But if we decide to count them then maybe on a census two of them should equal one person
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12