Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
Mouse | Tunes Discuss MouseTunes Jan 28th, 2007 in the Site News and Information forums; Great show yet again guys. I have one quick question. What is the sound clip at the end of the show? The one with the lawyer. Is that Lou???...
  1. #16
    djrmusic's Avatar
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    87
    Great show yet again guys. I have one quick question.

    What is the sound clip at the end of the show? The one with the lawyer. Is that Lou???
    Dave R
    DJRMusic







  2. #17
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    But there is SOOO much more to this Pixar argument that stems from Nathan's sillyness...

    Lou made a big deal when he said what he said about dwarves, but Nathan got some choice words when he said "normal people who don't want Pixar", thus concluded that he and those who think Toy Story ****s are normal and the rest are not. Nice. Let me just say...well...never mind. I'm only going to get slammed for being insulting...

    Then there was Nathan lunacy when speaking of Toy Story Mania. If you think this is the "same thing as Buzz", and therefore the "dumbest move" they can make then you just have no idea what's planned for this. But that doesn't matter, now does it? It's because Toy Story and Pixar are the theme, not what the ride platform is.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

  3. #18
    djrmusic's Avatar
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    87
    Totally have to agree with Nathan. Enough Toy Story. Enough Nemo. Sounds like this new Toy Story Mania is Buzz with better Tech. If Pixar wants more of their characters in the park, they should not duplicate rides/attractions/shows with the same movies (Toy Story/Nemo) Nathan's suggestion about "The Incredibles" is right on. Those characters would be perfect for a new 'shooting' dark ride.

    One has to wonder if there is some pressure to get these Pixar rides done fast and if the Imagineers are not given enough time to develop new rides and attractions. Maybe things are happening too fast!!

    Can anybody think of an original Disney movie that has multiple rides/attractions in the park? I can't think of any. There's only one Peter Pan, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, ect...

    Anyway...that's my 2 cents!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic







  4. #19
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    I'm not sure why anyone would dismiss the concepts simply because there already is a Toy Story ride in another park.

    If you read about the living character Mr. Potato head talking to guests in the queue like Turtle Talk, if you hear about how this will be done in 3D, if you see that this going to have multiple games and adjust itself to players abilities you will quickly realize that this is NOT duplicating Buzz anymore than SE, World of Motion and Horizons duplicated each other or CoP. It's similar, and they are taking the idea to a higher level.

    So the problem is with the movie chosen for the inspiration, and it seems with Nathan it comes from this strange, probably Eisner driven, CG vs. hand drawn competition that exists among Disney fans. Those who loved hand drawn films, and my goodness Nathan thinks WDI should use Mulan or Hunchback instead of Pixar films for inspiration , seem to often blame Pixar for Eisner's idiotic decision to stop the hand drawn stuff. Without seeing the end product, how can any of us possibly say for sure that some other movie, whether it be The Incredibles or not, would work better for this? Can't we assume that WDI is well aware of the fact that they ahve other Pixar films at their disposable and factored that into the decision to green light this?

    To me, it makes no difference if Buzz already exists. This isn't a fair's fair situation. There should NOT be someone sitting around keeping score of what films get used for rides. It should be what works, works. And in my opinion, ALL of the Pixar attractions work. TT, Buzz, and both Nemos work for me, so I am not going to assume this is a bad idea.

    And one last thing. WDI is not under pressure to jam in Pixar rides anymore than they have been waiting for years to do it. These films, whether Nathan says so or not, are what IS Disney animation in the last 10 years.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

  5. #20
    djrmusic's Avatar
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    87
    Interesting points Dave! Respectfully however I must disagree.

    ... you will quickly realize that this is NOT duplicating Buzz anymore than SE, World of Motion and Horizons duplicated each other or CoP. It's similar, and they are taking the idea to a higher level.
    SE, World of Motion, Horizons duplicated each other? Well they'll all dark rides but the 'story' is different in each. With Buzz and Mania, there both shooting dark rides with the latter having better (and I'm sure amazing tech!)


    Without seeing the end product, how can any of us possibly say for sure that some other movie, whether it be The Incredibles or not, would work better for this? Can't we assume that WDI is well aware of the fact that they ahve other Pixar films at their disposable and factored that into the decision to green light this?
    I think we can assume that Toy Story and Nemo are being produced is because of the huge money these movies made. If WDI was forced to produce rides based box office, we would not have Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Everest and so on.

    I'm not against having Pixar in the parks. I just feel they are overdoing it. I mean Nemo in the living seas makes total sense. Nemo the musical (although I'm sure I will enjoy it whenever I see it) did not need to happen.

    Again, that's just my 2 cents!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic







  6. #21
    ZambeziZelda's Avatar
    ZambeziZelda is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the Nile, the longest river in the world...it goes on for Niles and Niles and Niles. What? You don't believe me?? Well, you must be in deNile....
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by djrmusic View Post
    Can anybody think of an original Disney movie that has multiple rides/attractions in the park? I can't think of any. There's only one Peter Pan, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, ect...
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh/Pooh's Playful Spot; Honey I Shrunk the Audience/"Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure; Cinderella's Golden Carrousel/Cinderella Castle (Yes, it's listed as an attraction over at disneyworld.com); Circle of Life/Festival of the Lion King.

    These were all of the multiple Disney movie themed attractions I could think of, not including things like The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management or Mickey's Philharmagic, which encompass more than one Disney movie

    As you can see, using the same movie for more than one attraction isn't exactly a new concept. I personally don't think that it's the number of attractions one movie (or type of movie, in Pixar's case) has in a park that counts, but rather, the quality of the attraction. I happen to enjoy all of the Pixar based attractions in the parks, and if Midway Mania is fun and is able to distinguish itself from Buzz properly (which I'm sure it will, lets have a little faith in the Imagineers!) I'll enjoy it as well.
    You who crave danger and snicker at fear...

    Kungaloosh!

  7. #22
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by djrmusic View Post
    SE, World of Motion, Horizons duplicated each other? Well they'll all dark rides but the 'story' is different in each. With Buzz and Mania, there both shooting dark rides with the latter having better (and I'm sure amazing tech!)
    My point is exactly that. They are NOT duplicates. And if this ride includes Buzz, Little Bo Peep, Potato and the green guys, then it seems completely obvious that the story will also NOT be a duplicate of Buzz. Saying they're duplicates because they both are shooters is like saying every roller coaster, dark ride, or 3D film is a duplicate.

    I think we can assume that Toy Story and Nemo are being produced is because of the huge money these movies made. If WDI was forced to produce rides based box office, we would not have Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Everest and so on.
    It's much more than that. They are being produced because Disney is finally willing to use these characters to their fullest. During the Disney-Pixar battle, WDI could not latch on to them, even though they were the most popular current Disney characters.

    I'm not against having Pixar in the parks. I just feel they are overdoing it. I mean Nemo in the living seas makes total sense. Nemo the musical (although I'm sure I will enjoy it whenever I see it) did not need to happen.
    Why not??? Most people view it as the single best live show in Park history! They shouldn't do it because it's a Pixar character? And they have too many? (which clearly they don't) A good idea is a good idea, and this one is a hit. Keeping score of what characters are being used is something I hope WDI doesn't do
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

  8. #23
    Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    47
    Sorry folks, but these movies are the new Disney classics.

    The average kid growing up right now? In twenty years when he thinks back on his favorite Disney flicks as a kid, he's going to think of Toy Story and Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc.

    I mean, what traditional Disney movies does have to think about other than the Pixar films? Chicken Little? Valiant? Home on the Range?

    People who want to see less of a focus on Pixar need to stop blaming Pixar and start blaming Disney. They're slacking in the production of their own movies and it shows. If they're relying on Pixar too much, then they just need to **** or get off the pot and hand off the 'Disney Animated Classics' title to Pixar to hand out.

    I'd certainly rather see Finding Nemo and The Incredibles alongside Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast than Home on the Range or Chicken Little. And despite the fact that Nate thinks he speaks for every man, woman and child alive on planet Earth, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and box office dollars would seem to agree with me.

    Hate to say it, people, but the mob has spoken. Right now? Pixar good. Even Cars, which disappointed at the box office, turned around and cleaned up on DVD. Heck, I think it still might even be a top ten earner something like three months after it was released!

    You just gotta accept it. Pixar isn't owned by Disney. Pixar IS Disney.

  9. #24
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahimiron View Post
    You just gotta accept it. Pixar isn't owned by Disney. Pixar IS Disney.
    That's it in a nutshell. We need to put our opinions aside when making a criticism towards WDI. Saying you don't like Pixar films is one thing. But saying that WDI is stupid for using them is entirely different and down-right silly.

    And keep in mind that they may not be here forever. There are dozens of "classics" that have not stood the test of time and won't be used by WDI for the theme parks. If Buzz or Monsters Inc. bocome irrelevant in 10-15 years the attractions will be replaced. But right now they are VERY relevant
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

  10. #25
    nrose101's Avatar
    nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    502
    I respect your opinions entirely dbm20th. However in my opinion what you are failing to realize is Disney theme parks are great without the mixture of movies in the parks. Look at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion (even Everest) . I like new and orinigal ideas by Disney Imagineers not items based on movies.

    Am I personally unhappy when I see an new pixar themed attraction go in...very much yes. Do I know it is because of money,what the next gen wants, and also part of the deal signed when Disney acquired Pixar..that is also a resounding yes.

    But that doesn't mean I have to not state my opinion...to do that I would be disrespectful to myself and others that might feel the same way.
    Sincerely,

    Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

  11. #26
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    Nathan, on that we agree. But let's be fair. That is not what this was about on this particular show. It was not about keeping films out of theme park attractions. You even went so far as to suggest that WDI use Hunchback or Mulan instead!

    The point is that it is not "all Pixar" like you say over and over. Since the merger it has been, but that's to be expected. When they are done, they will have about 2 attractions per park. Calling that "all Pixar" just seems like a huge exagerration used to forward another "agenda", though that's a bad word for it.

    And yes, you should state your opinion, and of that you are expected and encouraged to do so. That is why I listen every week and read your various websites often. But, part of the fun is debating those points...and that's where I come in
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

  12. #27
    nrose101's Avatar
    nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    Nathan, on that we agree. But let's be fair. That is not what this was about on this particular show. It was not about keeping films out of theme park attractions. You even went so far as to suggest that WDI use Hunchback or Mulan instead!

    The point is that it is not "all Pixar" like you say over and over. Since the merger it has been, but that's to be expected. When they are done, they will have about 2 attractions per park. Calling that "all Pixar" just seems like a huge exagerration used to forward another "agenda", though that's a bad word for it.

    And yes, you should state your opinion, and of that you are expected and encouraged to do so. That is why I listen every week and read your various websites often. But, part of the fun is debating those points...and that's where I come in
    I agree wholeheartedly and yes I agree that two of seemingly similar same rides is in my opinion insane But again Disney is a business. Who knows maybe they have plans to close Buzz once Midway Mania opens. You never know
    Sincerely,

    Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

  13. #28
    Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose101 View Post
    I respect your opinions entirely dbm20th. However in my opinion what you are failing to realize is Disney theme parks are great without the mixture of movies in the parks. Look at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion (even Everest) . I like new and orinigal ideas by Disney Imagineers not items based on movies.
    I can completely and totally agree with this opinion. Some of the best parts of the parks are the parts that really have nothing to do with the movies. The design of Animal Kingdom. The entirely of the World Showcase.

    Though...

    Splash Mountain?

    Bad example of a ride with no movie connection.

  14. #29
    nrose101's Avatar
    nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    502
    Agreed most be lack of sleep. I am still in shock I said that one...Insert foot past mouth all the way into stomach!!!!
    Sincerely,

    Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

  15. #30
    dbm20th's Avatar
    dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    See, I like them both. What I don't like as often is rides based on just films, rehashing the story. Like Snow White, Peter Pan or Nemo. But when used like Bugs, Tower of Terror, Star Tours or Muppets, it is just using the characters or environment to build their story and power an attraction. It seems Toy Story Mania, Monsters Inc do this.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

    Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •