Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss MouseTunes Jan 28th, 2007 in the Site News and Information forums; "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." -- Sounds like Walt had it right and could very well have ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up MouseTunes Jan 28th, 2007

"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." -- Sounds like Walt had it right and could very well have been talking about our show! Welcome to the happiest podcast on Earth, the MouseTunes Disney podcast for the week of January 28th, 2007. Thanks for coming back and joining us this week! On this week's show, we have our Disney news and a quick visit to the Walt Disney WorldŽ Rumor Mill, a discussion about the future of Disney's theme parks, as well as the introduction of a new segment, showcasing some of the hidden treasures--starting with Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3D. Who knows what other babbling lurks behind every corner. Remember...you keep listening, we'll keep babbling!

Download this week's show as an MP3 file...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    [/Quote]Remember...you keep listening, we'll keep babbling![/url][/QUOTE]

You babble? Letzzzzzzzzzz do it!!!!!!!!!

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another show!!! Mousetunes being realeased every sun. makes it my favorite day of the week!! Gotta love the babbling!!!!! Happy listening fellow podpeople!

Theres always room for one more!
    [/CENTER]
    canuckpodperson on Magical Mountain forums!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    In case you have already looked at this weeks show notes-- there is one update (sorry I didn't have enough coffee this morning )

Head on over to iTunes and download the Finding Nemo: The Musical Soundtrack.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for saving me the trip Mr. Rose!

Theres always room for one more!
    [/CENTER]
    canuckpodperson on Magical Mountain forums!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Nathan... I agree lets stop with the Pixar things
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show guys. I really enjoyed the discussion of Muppet Vision 3D. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets curious stares because everyone stands there and watches the film in the preshow while I wander around looking at all the props and show dressing. I'm glad you also mentioned the shop, since it's not actually attached to the show building like most shows and doesn't dump you into the shop. There are some fantastic jokes in the shop, like "This space intentionally left blank" written on the wall.

One thing I need to nitpick, just because I'm an English major and it makes me cringe every time I hear it, Nathan, it's pronounced "Et-SET-era", not "Egg-set-era".

Love the show, as always!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I really loved the "trip" through Muppet Vision 3D. That attraction has been a family favorite since our first trip to Studios. I'd forgotten about the outside que area until you discussed it in length. I hope I can do some browsing of the inside waiting area in April since I think I've been letting a "treasure of entertainment" slip by me.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    my iTunes doesn't update on the weekends b/c I'm not online Sat & Sun. It takes 4 ever to get everything up on iTunes's updates of the week (new music Tuesday), it's frustrating but if they would update it right away, I would be happier when I'm going out so I can do an update before I leave. (except there's a ton of stuff to add to my video ipod, plus I don't update before I go out anymore), luv your podcasts Lou & Nathan!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There is an investment in the billions riding on Pixar. Any idea that they won't completely flood the place with Pixar branding is pie in the sky. It is what is it guys. Pixar characters are what the Disney company decided is worth billions, and they are going to overdo it.

Now having said that, we do need to excercise a little less hyperbole. Currently, MK has 2 Pixar themed attractions (Monsters Inc., and Buzz). Epcot has 1 (The Living Seas) AK has two (Bug, Nemo) and MGM doesn't even have one yet. If you think that 5 attractions is too much, you're not going to be happy with the next decade at WDI
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think the frustration comes from a combination of things:

-Another two Pixar attractions are on the way (also 2 out at DL).
    -Where some of the attaractions are being placed (anywhere and everywhere it seems).
    -The relative lack of other new attractions.

But I agree that given Disney's investment in the Pixar acquisition, they are going to be sure to promote the heck out of them going forward, and that will probably include even more Pixar-related attractions.

There's also the rumor that building more Pixar attractions was actually a part of the deal.

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermatt View Post

There's also the rumor that building more Pixar attractions was actually a part of the deal.
    Actually that part is a fact
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

I think the frustration comes from a combination of things:

-Another two Pixar attractions are on the way (also 2 out at DL).
    -Where some of the attaractions are being placed (anywhere and everywhere it seems).
    -The relative lack of other new attractions.
    OK, well really only 1 if you count Monsters Inc already there like I did, correct? Or is there another besides Toy STory Mania that I am forgetting about? Tha would make 6. 4 parks, 6 Pixar attractions. Doesn't it seem a bit early to start exaggerating about how "everything's going Pixar"? Sounds more like they are finally representing these great films in the parks, which they were grossly behind on until this year.

Fair point about the recent additions being mostly Pixar-based, but let's not forget that the 50th brought us LMA, E:E, and Soarin.

Mouse Extra

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    OK, well really only 1 if you count Monsters Inc already there like I did, correct? Or is there another besides Toy STory Mania that I am forgetting about? Tha would make 6. 4 parks, 6 Pixar attractions. Doesn't it seem a bit early to start exaggerating about how "everything's going Pixar"? Sounds more like they are finally representing these great films in the parks, which they were grossly behind on until this year.

Fair point about the recent additions being mostly Pixar-based, but let's not forget that the 50th brought us LMA, E:E, and Soarin.
    You're right... I didn't realize you had already included the Laugh Floor.

Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure its fair to count the Living Seas as just one, since its an entire pavilion and has two Pixar attractions.

But your point is taken. Its pretty clear Disney was under-utilizing the Pixar characters prior to the takeover, most likely due to all the politics and maneuvering between the two. If 10 years ago we said there would be 7 Pixar attractions at WDW, it probably wouldn't seem like a big deal.

For me personally, its not the number of Pixar attractions that really bothers me. Its more the placement. Further, I don't think its just a Pixar issue, but more a philosophical shift in how to use movie characters in general. They are becoming more and more prevalent, and they are encroaching on more and more areas.

Its not that I dislike them. Its that I think that especially with a resort the size of WDW, it makes sense to use different methods to appeal to guests. If the place essentially becomes one gigantic Fantasyland, the overall appeal will not be as broad as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by nrose101 View Post
    Actually that part is a fact
    Thanks.... I missed that it was actually confirmed to be written into the deal.

You're right... I didn't realize you had already included the Laugh Floor.

Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure its fair to count the Living Seas as just one, since its an entire pavilion and has two Pixar attractions.

But your point is taken. Its pretty clear Disney was under-utilizing the Pixar characters prior to the takeover, most likely due to all the politics and maneuvering between the two. If 10 years ago we said there would be 7 Pixar attractions at WDW, it probably wouldn't seem like a big deal.

For me personally, its not the number of Pixar attractions that really bothers me. Its more the placement. Further, I don't think its just a Pixar issue, but more a philosophical shift in how to use movie characters in general. They are becoming more and more prevalent, and they are encroaching on more and more areas.

Its not that I dislike them. Its that I think that especially with a resort the size of WDW, it makes sense to use different methods to appeal to guests. If the place essentially becomes one gigantic Fantasyland, the overall appeal will not be as broad as it could be.
    Yup, forgot TT. So that would make it 7 in 2008. Still not alot...

For those of you who may not know Raidermatt from other boards, he has the ability to take a silly little back-and-forth, like this was about to become, and turn it into a great debate. He's donr it again here...

You have brought this around to something of real substance. Hearing people complain, sorry Nathan, that there is "just too much Pixar going on" doesn't hold any water for me. But Matt has a good point. The characters were sorely needed but have they been introduced properly.

Let me start with your point about using "different methods" to entertain. I think there is some diversity here, but perhaps not enough. We have living characters, a big stage show, a classic dark ride and a shooter. The first 5 were diverse. But we are truly running the risk that the next two, Toy Story and Monsters Inc., may at best be so good they make their two forefathers, Buzz and TT, feel somewhat..antiquated

But the problem is with ride design, and NOT the use of Pixar characters.

Mouse Extra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast