Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss MouseTunes FAQs in the Site News and Information forums; From the owner of MagicalMagical.net (Nathan M Rose) and DisneyWorldTrivia.com (Lou Mongello) comes the official Mouse | Tunes™ podcast! Hear the latest Disney news on your computer or iPod, get ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

MouseTunes FAQs

From the owner of MagicalMagical.net (Nathan M Rose) and DisneyWorldTrivia.com (Lou Mongello) comes the official Mouse | Tunes™ podcast! Hear the latest Disney news on your computer or iPod, get reviews on Walt Disney World restaurants and attractions, have our resident Disney Trivia expert answer your mail, and much more!
    To subscribe to the Mouse | Tunes™ podcast we recommended either using iTunes 4.9 or higher, or the iPodder podcast receiver. If you already have iTunes 4.9 or higher installed on your machine simply click on the 'add to iTunes' badge above to be directly taken to the Mouse | Tunes™ iTunes subscription page.

If you are not able to download podcasting software onto your computer then all hope is not lost! Our podcast is also available using a standard internet browser through our partner PodNova and Odeo. Just click on the PodNova or Odeo badge located at the left and you are all set!

Our RSS podcast feed is located at http://www.mousetunes.com/xml/mousetunes.xml. Simply enter this feed into your favorite podcast software, and our latest Mouse | Tunes™ episode will be automatically downloaded to your computer.

What is Podcasting?

Podcasting is radio your way. Defy programming schedules and listen to whatever you want, whenever you want — and on your iPod — wherever you want. Podcasts are radio-style shows — some from major media, others from passionate individuals — delivered over the Internet to your computer. Unlike streaming audio, which requires you to listen in real time, podcasting lets you control how and when you hear your favorite shows.

What Equipment Do I Need?

The basic requirements for podcasting are a computer (PC or Mac), podcasting software (i.e. iTunes, iPodder) and an Internet connection. For portability, an iPod or other MP3 player is required.

How Do I Get Started?

Simply download and install your favorite podcasting software onto your computer. Although applications vary, each should provide instructions on how add the Mouse | Tunes'™ podcast feed to your subscription list.

When prompted enter the Mouse | Tunes's podcast RSS feed URL (http://www.mousetunes.com/xml/mousetunes.xml) into your podcast software and you are now all set!

Your podcast software will automatically check for new podcasts and MP3s of your selected programs and automatically download them to your computer and, if you are set up, on your MP3 player.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 01-20-2006 at 05:27 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DONALD2210 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great job on the mouse tunes. I love it

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    me too i wish i could go to mousefest and meet you in person lou
    i listen on my computer all the time and do you know if there is any way i can burn them on cd?

2277 is offline A-Ticket holder

Opening/Closing Sound Bites

Lou,

I enjoy the opening and closing sound bites from around WDW. Did you record all of those yourself or are they available from another source?

Gary

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Gary,

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you're enjoing the shows! Some of the muisc was recorded by me, while others are samples of songs you can get on Disney CDs. You can check out the Disney Music shop here http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/shop_music.php where you can purchase a variety of CDs with theme park music on it.
    Lou Mongello

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)
    Wow! I like it! It's really cool!

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    great job on the pod casts. I have trouble listening to music on my ipod now cause i enjoy them so much
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Stitch_Mulan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I absolutely love your podcasts, it is my absolute favorite!

Four Parks One Net!

Disney is awesome!!

Stitch! Tinkerbell!

Jasmine! Tigger!

Ghost! : Pirates!

Yoda! Fight!

Maleficent! Belle!

Pluto! R2D2!

Nemo! Lamp!

Genie! Boo!

Thanks to you all!! So happy to hear that you're enjoying the show!!
    Lou Mongello

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question about podcast

Lou:

One podcast-related question I have is, since both you and Nathan live in different states, how do you record the show? Do you do this by phone feed, internet chat, weekly centralized meetings (highly unlikely)?

Thanks for the podcast. It's highly enjoyable listening to the two of you provide news, insights... and GREAT interviews!

Todd

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    There's some internet chat program that some other podcasts use. I think it's called skype or something like that
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    We tried Skype, it just wasn't the quality we wanted to provide for our listeners. We actually record separately and just mix it together later on.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    That's cool!
    I'm sure Todd will be happy to know
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I wondered if you mixed it as I mulled the recording possibilities, but you must be communicating live, what with the interactions we hear ("We're rambling again!" ... "You caught me off-guard!"). Someone's doing a great job mixing the sound!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Actually we communicate on the phone while we record. And thank you for the props on the mixing
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast