Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What do you think of a pay-for-FASTPASS system?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss OPINION POLL: What do you think of a pay-for-FASTPASS system? in the Site News and Information forums; OPINION POLL: What do you think of a pay-for-FASTPASS system? As discussed on the latest MouseTunes podcast (Show #11- January 9, 2006), there are rumors of a pay-for FASTPASS system, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

OPINION POLL: What do you think of a pay-for-FASTPASS system?

OPINION POLL: What do you think of a pay-for-FASTPASS system?

As discussed on the latest MouseTunes podcast (Show #11- January 9, 2006), there are rumors of a pay-for FASTPASS system, as well as (or) a heircrhial system, depending on which level of resort you stay at (e.g. Deluxe gets a higher priority than Value, etc.)

Discuss the pros and cons of the system here, and voice your opinion. Yes, there ARE pros - would you be willing to pay a little extra to get front of the line passes? If so, how much? What type of system?
    You can also call in to our voicemail system at (407) 965-5568 and leave your opinion there so we can play it on the show!

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 01-10-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

If it were a one time flat fee as you entered the park....I might consider it......If it were a charge per each FP, I don't think we would do it. I like it the way it currently is. They only 2 things that I would like to see change is that they have a couple of central locations in each park where you can obtain a FP for any ride rather than having to run back and forth through the park to get a FP that you need to return for 3 hours later. I would also like to be able to hold 2 FP's for different rides at the same time (be able to obtain them at the same time....not have to wait for the listed time on the FP before you can get another).

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I agree with Melissa with having the fastpass machine for all rides in a central location. It get very annoying having to run all the way across the park just to get a fast pass and than having to find something else to do in the meaning well waiting on your fastpass time. I would pay if I could get more than one fastpass at a time instead of the current way it is now. If not just leave it alone.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I think any changes would make it too elitist. Only for the rich people at the fancy hotels or those who have money to spend on themselves and 4 kids. Keep it the way it is. First come, first serve. It's the only fair thing I can think of.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Not crazy about the idea. We pay a lot for tickets now, and it is worth it, but some kind of a "how high can you go?" to get special perks is iffy. If they were to change it, I think there might be some corporate Disney logic to something like they do at Universal (yup, I said it) where you can get some kind of special fast pass perk for being a guest at a Disney resort. I always thought that made some sense.

Do you think they will be changing this system?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I think that giving this opportunity only to people that can afford it is really not in the Disney spirit of things...I would hate to think that with the price increases, that a regular family of 4 could not afford to go to the parks, because they would never get a chance to ride anything. Those that make more money would take all the fastpasses and make it difficult for "regular folks" to have that dream vacation.

Definately a BAD idea.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Hate the idea, but Disney has to pay the bills and make a profit for the shareholders, as it has from Day 1. Disney has been researching this for years now and they will do whatever they have to do to make as much money as possible.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 01-09-2006 at 10:54 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I like Dreamer's idea of a centrally located FP system...we didnt even bother with them much due to low lines on most rides but the ones we did get where those we just happened to be walking by the ride and just happened to have some left with times we could use. Running all around the park is just not feasible with a small child. Either that or they need to just eliminate the FP all together...it equalizes things quite a bit when everyone has to do the same thing or just offer FP's as a perk for Disney Resort guests (you get so many per day per person to use on what ever ride you want)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    personally, i'm all for this system. this is the epitome of our capital society, let the market dictate the price. how much is that fastpass worth to you?

i've discussed this before, but in case it was missed i'll re-iterate. when me and the family go to Disney, we like to really enjoy and spoil ourselves. so, instead of taking a trip a year, or several trips a year, our preference is to wait every couple of years, pull our resources, and spend in one trip what we would over the course of several more frequent trips. so, instead of staying in the value resorts and eating fast foods, we prefer to stay in the deluxe resorts and eat at the high end places.

now, i'm not saying one is better then the other, everyone has their preferences, and to each their own.

but, with that said, if i'm paying all this extra money for added options, i'd gladly pay a little more to get preferential seating on rides and shows.

additionally, with a pay system, you can pick and choose. say i'd rather ride Space Mountain then Splash Mountain, i can spend my money to upgrade my fastpass there.

i like it, i'm all for it, but in honesty, i don't think it is going to happen. if anything, the only thing i can see is giving preference to guests based on what resort they are at, however this would most likely be all behind the scenes with the average attendee being unaware of it.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I would hate the idea of having to pay for a fast pass. I don't mind so much only having "one" since the thought of that is that I'm "waiting in line" to get on that ride. To only offer it to the guests who stay in high end resorts or who can afford the extra money doesn't seem fair. But that's just my humble opinion.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Leave the Fast Pass system the way it is now. I spend enough now to get to WDW and it is the one time of year that I can go and leave reality behind. If I pay for for a Fast Pass, then I will cut back at Disney somewhere else. Although we stay at the Beach Club it wouldn't be fair for me to walk up and get a Fast Pass and move ahead of someone else just because I am staying at the Beach Club. Disney makes more money from me being able to go once a year than what they would make for me being able to go every two years. Either way I am going to spend what I would for one year (including cost increases).
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    another thought to support my point.....

it's just like buying a car.....do you buy the Kia with all the options, or do you pay for the Lexus with no extras.

but, if you look, typically the high end luxury cars contain all the added features as a standard. part of what you are paying increased prices for.

having a scaled fastpass system, or paying for the fastpasses, in my opinion, is just the same as the different scale of cars and added options. sure, everyone would love to drive a Mercedes, so, do you go taking the bus for several years to afford one, or do say heck with it and get the Toyota you can afford today.

now, not that accurate since in our world today you need a car, and i realize i'm stretching, but work with me......

by the way, Lou, if you want my commentary for your next show, let me know!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I would be all for the idea if it ran similar to USF.

Stay on Property, it's included....otherwise pay $19.99 and then you get n to the fast past lines WITHOUT having to collect the tickets.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I just don't think it would work, too many people stay on property. Almost everybody would be in the fast pass lane and us locals are penalized simply for not having to stay at a resort. What good would it do if everybody is in the fp lane? It works at universal where most people dont stay at their resorts and they only have a couple of them instead of 22.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    I think the resort guests and AP's should get priviledges. plain and simple.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast