Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Disney "tear jerker moments in the Site News and Information forums; Originally Posted by GrumpyDude know what you mean honbun, same here, and i was never like that until you came along. that was exactly when it happened...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude View Post
    know what you mean honbun, same here, and i was never like that until you came along.

that was exactly when it happened

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Black Cauldron is the ultimate tear jerker where Gurgi is the outcast and the world is doomed. Gurgi does a suicidal dive into the Black Cauldron to save the world and the people he loved but shunned him as a pest. I know of few people who would be willing to die for the world and people who shunned them. I cried so hard so see him die in that cauldron.

Rudy hits hard also.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Two words: Ru-dy.

Come on, now... football fan or not, you have to love that little Hobbitt's story... When the team lays their jerseys on the coach's desk.. when little Rudy Ruettiger is finally on the field with his dad watching proudly... and when he makes that game-ending sack...

Aw, geez... look what you made me do. I'm getting my laptop all wet. (sniff)
    Sorry Lou - I can't get into that one! I live 7 miles from ND and am happily a True Blue Michigan fan! *hands you a kleenex*
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Black Cauldron is the ultimate tear jerker where Gurgi is the outcast and the world is doomed. Gurgi does a suicidal dive into the Black Cauldron to save the world and the people he loved but shunned him as a pest. I know of few people who would be willing to die for the world and people who shunned them. I cried so hard so see him die in that cauldron.
    That is another one I missed. I agree the scene in Black Cauldron did bring tears to my eyes. I love Gurgi! I really wish they had plushes of him in the parks!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    am I completely alone in not knowing what Black Cauldron is?

I have to go with the father/son scene in Lion King as my ultimate tear jerker.
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!

Black Cauldron was a very underated movie that was released in the early 80s by Disney. It did so poorly at the box-office, etc that Disney stopped producing animated films for quite a while.

I personally love the movie and even remeber playing the "King's Quest" type computer game for it back when I was growing up.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I don't know what Black Cauldron is either.

My tear jerker is the scene in Dumbo, when he goes to visit his mother after she gets locked up and the song "Baby Mine" is being sung. The absolute worst for me! If I can actually hold back tears, then I lose it as soon as Timothy starts to tear up. Gets me everytime.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Now Nathan and I do agree on Black Cauldron and the Gurgi character....

But c'mon Nathan - Finding Nemo!!!! Nah...that ship has sailed, eh?

Jonathan

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    The Black Cauldron
    Story: 14 year old Taran is a pig-keeper who has a special clairvoyant pig named Hen Wen. The evil Horned King wants Hen Wen so she can show him where the Black Cauldron. Dallben sends Taran with Hen Wen deep into the forest to hide from the evil Horned King. The owner of the Black Cauldron will be able to create an army of soldiers who will not die. The evil King want that cauldron at any cost.

Taran loses the pig to the King, goes to the castle and frees the pig while being thrown in the dungeon. There he meets Fflewddur Fflam and Eilonwy. They escape after Taran finds a magic sword. The run into 3 witches who tell them that to stop the cauldron is for a living soul to jump into the cauldron of their own free will. Sorry, shoving someone into the cauldron did not count. They also run into Faerie Folk who help them. In the end the boy kills the evil king and Gurgi self sacrifices and jumps into the cauldron. Taran offers to the protective witches the black cauldron if he can have Gurgi back. poof boom and the cauldron is gone and Gurgi is alive.

Some people see religious stuff in this movie like the death and resurrection of Gurgi. Others like myself see themselves in Gurgi who wants friendship, fun and food while others shun them and hurt them. Gurgi did what the Lone Ranger, Batman, Spiderman and Wonderwoman never did, he was willing to die for friends and the world.

Characters:

Dallben: Person who owns the pig farm
    Eilonwy: Princess played by Susan Sheridan
    Fflewddur Fflam: A wondering ministrel whose magic harp snaps a chord every tiem he lies and was played by Nigel Hawthorne
    Gurgi: A loveable moppet thing that only wants friends and food and voiced by John Byner
    Hen Wen: Clairvoyant pig kept by Taran
    Horned King: Evil skull faced world_ruler-wannabe voiced by John Hurt
    Taran: pig keeper and caretaker of Hen Wen and voiced by Grant Bardsley

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/2677/
    That site has lots of info and is well enough organized. Watch for pop up or two.
    Script is here:
    http://www.scifiscripts.com/cartoon/blackcauldron.txt
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    WARNING.... INAPPROPIATE LINK!!!

i smell an infraction....
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 09-20-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzpyre View Post
    Now Nathan and I do agree on Black Cauldron and the Gurgi character....

But c'mon Nathan - Finding Nemo!!!! Nah...that ship has sailed, eh?

Yeah that ship is very far out to sea
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    What about 8 Below? Huh?

When we saw it in the theater I noticed Mr. iwannabeminnie's hand suspiciously close to his eyes. Could it be he was wiping a tear? When I asked him about it after the movie, his reply was (and I quote), "You would have to be pretty hard-hearted not to be touched by that."

Honestly I am a big time dog lover, and I pretty much get all sappy I see a dog, etc.

Everyone warned me to have a box of tissues when I saw Eight Below, but I really felt nothing while watching it.

(and yes it is true...please stop shaking your head while you read this )
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I cried at Dumbo for the first time the other day.

I always cry at Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a glitch. The minute Lilo starts crying I'm grabbing the tissues.

Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    The real tear-jerking tragedy of the Black Cauldron is that it is an awful adaption of an excellent series of children's books. Honestly, the Black Cauldron has almost as much to do with the Prydain series as it does with, uh, Jurassic Park, Jane Eyre or, let's say, Justine. It's sad that there will not likely ever be a good adaption of the series because the Disney version will always taint how it will be seen by Hollywood. Which is double-bad, since right now is the ideal time to make a new version, given how popular children's books (and their movie adaptions, hello Harry Potter) and fantasy books (and their movie adaptions, hello Frodo of Bag End) are doing right now.

So very, very sad.

(Also, Nate? If Gurgi in the movie had been presented as he is in the books, you'd hate him. He looks like the yeti!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast