Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Disney "tear jerker moments in the Site News and Information forums; After hearing your bit at the end of the show about emotional Disney movie moments, I wanted to shae our show from June 18th of this year where we discussed ...
    Eric is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney "tear jerker moments

After hearing your bit at the end of the show about emotional Disney movie moments, I wanted to shae our show from June 18th of this year where we discussed our favorite Disney tear-jerkers.

http://www.mouseguest.com/weekly/mgw-047-06182006.mp3

If you enjoyed Lou & Nathan's discussion, I think you'll enjoy this as well. We received many, many letters from listeners telling us that we made them cry. We play a lot of the audio from the moments, so it is a show you'll want to have the Kleenex around for.

Enjoy!
    Eric,
    co-host, Mouse Guest Weekly podcast
    MouseGuest.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I have to admit that I got a little weepy when listening to this episode of MouseGuest. Definitely check it out!

However, I cannot comment on Nathan's "not getting" Finding Nemo, and divest myself of any responsibility for that...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I must agree with my friend and PodMaster, Lou, on two fronts:

1. I listen to MouseGuest as well, and found myself QUITE teary at the sentimental moments show, and even went out to purchase and watch Brother Bear, having never seen it, after their show.

2. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH NATHAN NOT GETTING FINDING NEMO? Sheesh...a more emotionally involving story you can't find. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, I jumped in a pelican's mouth...and...um....

*dazed look....blink blink*

*best Dori impression*

Can I help you?

Grizzpyre/Jonathan

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I'll have to listen to that...MJ's site is all about tear jerker moments, I can't believe some of things that have happened to us. It's been amazing...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I just can't get into Pixar movies. It is something about the computer animation that makes me get emotionally detached from the story.

In all honesty I can list on one hand when I have gotten a lump in my throat at a movie:

Lion King (as discussed in the show)
    Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch (when stitch passed away)
    Princess Diaries (I just remember getting teary-eyed ,but I don't remember what scene)
    ET (I think everyone did)
    Terminator 2 (when Arnie says good-bye and gives thumbs up--don't laugh!)

and I think that is probably it.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Wow - only those few...I have to admit - I'm a huge baby when it comes to movies...but for me it's less the 'scene' than it is often the music. I start to tear up just hearing the finale score from ET. I can hear the music from Mufasa's death and get emotional...

Heck - listening to Erich Kunzel's Disney Spectacular from the Cinicinnati Pops and hearing the orchestra swell with the chords of "when you wish" is an emotional experience...

Music has always affected me like that - music and sound - maybe that's why I do voices...but seriously - when I see a movie - I usually have to see it twice if it has a great soundtrack, cuz I miss half the story while wrapped up in the music...

And Nathan - you're just going to have to watch Finding Nemo again...and again...and again and again and again...until it grows on ya. Or until you're crazy...whichever comes first.

Jonathan

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Two words: Ru-dy.

Come on, now... football fan or not, you have to love that little Hobbitt's story... When the team lays their jerseys on the coach's desk.. when little Rudy Ruettiger is finally on the field with his dad watching proudly... and when he makes that game-ending sack...

Aw, geez... look what you made me do. I'm getting my laptop all wet. (sniff)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Alright - shall we talk guilty pleasure emotional moments? Things you're afraid to admit make you cry?

How about Annie? The musical - yes - Albert Finney, etc.

C'mon - when she's leaving with Rooster and Lily? And Warbucks is singing about how much she meant to him?

Oh dear...here they come!!!

Grizzpyre

PS - I also get choked up when Sonny gets it at the toll booth.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    I have to admit that I got a little weepy when listening to this episode of MouseGuest. Definitely check it out!

However, I cannot comment on Nathan's "not getting" Finding Nemo, and divest myself of any responsibility for that...
    While I "get" Finding Nemo....I did not particularly find it all that emoti****ly moving. I don't even consider it in the Top 50% of Pixar movies....while good, I found the story uneven and rank it 6th of all the Pixar movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Two words: Ru-dy.
    I agree Lou....Rudy does it for me everytime. How can you not well up during the movie ending game or when all the players put their jerseys on Devine's desk?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzpyre View Post
    Alright - shall we talk guilty pleasure emotional moments? Things you're afraid to admit make you cry?
    For me....

League of Their Own (during the reunion scene)
    Armageddon (when Bruce Willis says good bye to Liv Tyler)

There are others....I just can't recall them right now.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    i once had tears in my eyes when someone hit me in the back of the ankle with their stroller.. does that count?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I agree with the Rudy statment. I also do the same when the Americans win at the Olympics against the Russians in Miracle. Don't even mention Old Yeller!

Old Yeller....

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    "Showgirls" made me cry. why did i spend my money on that garbage? i want the hour and a half of my life back.

you've made me cry.... out loud...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf View Post
    you've made me cry.... out loud...
    know what you mean honbun, same here, and i was never like that until you came along.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast