Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Mouse | Tunes Discuss Free wifi. in the Site News and Information forums; On a recent show Lou indicated that Disney was experimenting with free wifi at the World of Sports complex. Though I did not know this before, on my last trip ...
    Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder

Free wifi.

On a recent show Lou indicated that Disney was experimenting with free wifi at the World of Sports complex.

Though I did not know this before, on my last trip to the World I was told by CMs at the Wilderness Lodge that there was also free wifi available at the Contemporary. It was only available in the lobby or in the business conference area, but that's certainly better than the near criminal $10/day that Disney wants to charge.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    are you sure about this, because I know that this is not advertised...
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    It sure is correct:

For those guests with Wi-Fi enabled laptops or PDA's Walt Disney World resorts provide high speed wireless internet access throughout the resort's common areas. The following is a list of some of the Wi-Fi locations on this Walt Disney World property:
    • Front desk sitting area, 14th Floor Concierge - sitting area, Outer Rim Bar (near Concourse Steakhouse), 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby, 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby, Feature Pool
    The Beach Club also has free wi-fi:

Main Lobby area, Concierge sitting area, Convention Center Lobby area, Stormalong Bay Pool
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    AllEarsNet says these locations are correct, but that the access costs $4.99 for an hour or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours.

Quote Originally Posted by AllEarsNet
    Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) High Speed Wireless Internet Access

Wi-Fi is available to those staying at certain Disney resorts. If your laptop computer or Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) is Wi-Fi enabled, you'll be able to access the internet from the common areas of these resorts.

Fee: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. The vendor that provides this Wi-Fi service, Smart City, will bill you using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen internet connection.

Requirements: a wireless interface card installed on your device. These are available for purchase in each resort's business center.

Availability:

Beach Club

Main Lobby
    Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
    Stormalong Bay Pool Area
    BoardWalk

Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
    Main Lobby
    Luna Park Swimming Pool Area
    Inn Keepers Club Concierge Lounge
    Bellevue Lounge

Contemporary

Main Lobby
    Tower Club 14th Floor Concierge Lounge
    Outer Rim Bar (near Concourse Steakhouse)
    1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
    2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
    Main Pool

Coronado Springs

Main Hotel Lobby
    Convention Center Lobby area
    The Dig Site Pool
    Francisco's Lounge

Dolphin

Lobby Bar
    Outside at Cabana Grill (near pool)

Grand Floridian

1st Floor Lobby area including Garden View Lounge
    Royal Palm Club 4th Floor Concierge area

Yacht Club

Main Lobby area
    Regatta Club Concierge Lounge
    Stormalong Bay Pool

Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the vendor, Smart City, at their help desk: 407-938-HELP.

WDW Swan also offers Wi-Fi in the lobby area across from the Business Center Desk through a separate vendor that charges per minute or through a longer-time plan. Ask at the hotel's Business Center for details.
    Unless they recently changed it to Free access, I would expect to pay these rates.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page