Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Relive the Magic DVDs Information in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; I received my set of 'All of WDW' DVDs by Relive the Magic yesterday. It would be an understatement to say that I have been looking forward to these for ...
    j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder

Relive the Magic DVDs Information

I received my set of 'All of WDW' DVDs by Relive the Magic yesterday. It would be an understatement to say that I have been looking forward to these for a few weeks now. Anyway, I got them yesterday and I am a bit disappointed. But, first, the actual videos themselves are fun to watch, no doubt. My family and I spent a couple hours last night watching them. A ton of fun.

However, with that said, there are a few things I was disappointed in. First, and most notably, the collection did not come in a DVD slip case with the colorful graphics of Cinderella Castle as advertised on their site. Instead, they come individually in little white paper DVD sleeves. Second, instead of the 16 DVDs advertised, I received 7. They did include a note that said no rides, attractions, etc. had been removed. I also asked about this in the email and they guaranteed me that nothing was removed and no video quality was lost. Instead, they just condensed the # of DVDs. I could live with that.

Now, they did say I could return them, but, I have chosen to keep them. One, I like them, and two, not sure if they would pay for the return shipping. But, I didn't ask since I was keeping them anyway, so, I give them the benefit of the dout. Anyway, I have also ordered two of the other collections, so, I obviously can't complain too much. But, I do wish I had been made aware up front especially about the packaging. Instead of getting a nice looking box set as advertised on the web site, I got a handful of DVDs with images copied to them.

But, fun nonetheless.

Ok, now I feel better.

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Greetings Scott!

You might want to check out a message I just posted in this forum:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...tml#post518048

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey j scott o , I am with you 100% on everything you said. I did get a little note though explaining why the dvd's are packaged the way they are. My complants are: shakey picture, does not seem to " play in order" of what would be a route of a park or theme in first to last acording to time of day at a park such as, wishes should be last since that is kind of the day's end of events, instead everything is on a cold and impersonal menu for YOU to choose to look at rather than a warm experience set up for you, " feels" like glimpses of a stranger's personal home movie collection rather that a " relive the magic" feeling. However............I will also keep my dvd's for reasons such as yours.

toddhs is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs down Unhappy with Relive the Mgic DVDs

I agree with the other comments. This was a gift for me from my wife (I told her about the DVD). She and I were very disappointed.
    First of all the web ad is a lie! The "Special" price says "LAST CHANCE" "PRICE GOES BACK UP TOMORROW", this has been the same way since we ordered in June.

The video is shaky and uses the zoom function WAY more often than it needs to be. This caused my 6 year old to get a headache/sick (He gets motion sick). That is how much the camera swings around. The motor stunt show is filmed from behind a pole.
    I also wanted to send the disks back, but we were told we would have to pay the shipping, so I would still be out of the money.

I wish Lou M. would take his recommendation of this company off of his site. It was because of these ads on his site I am out of this money.

I'm so glad I didn't order these...by the sounds of it, the countless hours of video taping that my Husband does during our trips is just as good if not better than what you all have received.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I am really glad I read this as I was going to order these so my boys and I could watch them, I think I will stick to my home movies

Walt Disney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I bought them for the $9 price. Amateur at best. The attraction descriptions are incomplete on the menus, and the camera work is very shaky. Almost to the point of seasick. If it was truly professional, they would have done much better authoring, other than default templates that come with TMPGENC DVD Author. 2 out of 5 stars.
    Mickey is the mouse that made me the man I am.

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just to add to me previous post, go to extinct attractions dot com for expert disney dvd's. They may not be recent but if you really want to relive the magic, go to this web site. ATTN: LOU..............PLEASE REMOVE THE COMPANY/PERSON THAT YOU ARE ENDORSING THESE VERY LOW GRADE DVD'S FROM. THINK LIKE WALT DID AND " PLUS IT ' TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL.

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I feel the same way...I bought these a while back and paid more than $9. When I received them I was completely disapointed. Some of the discs didn't play,, some of the ride video was dark and not visible, and everything else that was mentioned above...basically I felt very ripped off. I was in shock that all these great sites that do all these great things would promote and these terribly made discs.