Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Downloads Rant in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; OK, I apologize in advance for venting but here goes. Has the downloads area of this site ever worked? I have been trying in vain for I don't know how ...
    loosetoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Downloads Rant

OK, I apologize in advance for venting but here goes.

Has the downloads area of this site ever worked? I have been trying in vain for I don't know how long to download the Magic of Animation video with Walter Cronkite and Robin Williams. A few years back when I have tried, all I got was a white screen with the audio. I've tried to redownload on several occasions with always the same result. Now when I try I just get a 404 error that the file does not exist. I get this same 404 error now whenever I try to download anything, for that matter. And the thing I hate the most is getting the 404 error, then trying to download something else and getting that message that says "Slow down, you are downloading way too fast! Please wait 43 seconds and try again!" What? Getting a 404 error that the file does not exist consitutes a successful download? I hate that! So I wait the obligatory 43 seconds only to be presented with another file not found error. I can't imagine that I am the only one having these problems, but I never see any acknowledgement that others do have problems or that there even is a problem! ACK!

OK, rant over. Now, does anyone have a working version of the Magic of Animation Video?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I tried to download the ID tags for our upcoming trip. They didn't work so I checked everything else but they didn't work either. I forgot to post anything to see if anyone else had any problems.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I'm VERY sorry about the problems with the downloads section. I've been going through them one by one (wow, there's a lot!) and it seems as though when the new site went online, some of the files were inadvertently deleted, etc. So I must manually go through each one, verify whether it's working or not, find the right file again in my archives, rename them and re-upload them, test again, etc.

Long story short (too late, Lou), I am working on this as quickly as I can. In the process, I'll also be uploading NEW files (promise!!).

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Now can someone please bring me some sort of highly-caffeinated beverage STAT!?!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    I'm VERY sorry about the problems with the downloads section. I've been going through them one by one (wow, there's a lot!) and it seems as though when the new site went online, some of the files were inadvertently deleted, etc. So I must manually go through each one, verify whether it's working or not, find the right file again in my archives, rename them and re-upload them, test again, etc.

Long story short (too late, Lou), I am working on this as quickly as I can. In the process, I'll also be uploading NEW files (promise!!).

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Now can someone please bring me some sort of highly-caffeinated beverage STAT!?!
    Geez Lou, you'd think with all that free time you have you'd stay up on all this stuff!!! Kidding, you do a great job my friend!!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

loosetoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey, thanks Lou! I wait with baited downloading breath!