Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What movie should I buy first?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Movie Suggestions in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; I don't have much of a Disney movie collection, and I've got many favorites.. I thought it'd be neat to see what you suggest I buy first? Keep in mind ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Movie Suggestions

I don't have much of a Disney movie collection, and I've got many favorites..

I thought it'd be neat to see what you suggest I buy first?

Keep in mind I missed alot, these are just a few favorites in no paticular order.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I would start with my very favorite and go from there. My personal Disney movie collection is now over 300. I am now starting to replace some of my VHS with DVD as they come out. I bought six new DVD's today. Four of them I am very excited about. They are Classic Cartoons. Number One is Mickey Mouse, Number Two is Donald Duck, Number Three is Goofy, and Number Four is Chip and Dale. I also got Max Keeble's Big Move and The Adventures of Huck Finn. I always try to get the new releases from the Disney Store when they offer free lithographs. They usually also come with a coupon for percentages off or a free shopping card when you preorder. Some of the really old movies are coming out on DVD now. I've gotten 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Parent Trap, Herbie the Love Bug (not that old), Pollyanna, Old Yeller, The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, and Swiss Family Robinson. It is a nasty bug and once you are bitten there is no cure.
    They call me "Nana"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Was tempted to suggest Cinderella, it being a perennial classic and all. Then I was going to say Pirates, but wanted to opt for an animated film (more Disney-ish). Was going for Nemo, but not a "pure" Disney film and not animated, so I went with Aladdin - one of my all-time favorites. Great story, incredible music, and Robin Williams' performance is arguably one of the best in animated films.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Plus you can find it in some stores with The Return of Jafar and Aladdin, Prince of Thieves together in one box!
    They call me "Nana"

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

Went with the Lion King due to the fact that I love the music

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I know this may surprise you, but just try not to be overwhelmed by the shock - but I'm going with Aladdin on this one. It's just amazing. I would go into more, but then I would scare you, but if you want to know more, just ask.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I went with Alice because it is my favorite...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I'd recommend waiting for the remastered Cinderella DVD that comes out in the Fall

and Pirates is a great movie to have as well

So far Aladdin and Little Mermaid are tied at 3-3... which is good cause along with Cinderella (that's good advice crash), they're my 3 top favs... and nemo..

I would looooooove to hear your description\obsession with Aladdin, Jas!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I went with Aladdin because it's one of the best Disney movies of all time. I almost went for Lion King, though.

BTW Jas, I'm lovin' the avatar!!!
    Izzy

Does anyone know of any HM's in The Incredibles?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

nemo

I picked Nemo out of the list, because I think it was wonderfully done. But you may want to start with classics as they are re-released.....Hard to pick!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hard to pick!

VERY! When I do decide to buy one, I most likely use the results of this thread!

eeyyyyy

Out of the ones available at this time I chose Finding Nemo!

Cinderella - not currently available on DVD, will be out in October
    Aladdin - available, but could be going back into the vault soon.
    Little Mermaid - I do believe that this one is in the vault at this time and not available.
    Lion King - is currently in the vault
    Alice in Wonderland - is available, but could be going back into the vault soon.
    PoC - is currently available
    Incredibles - currently available

Anytime you hear that one of the Disney movies is going "back into the vault", I highly recommend buying it because who knows how long it will be before it is released again!

As Iwannabeminnie mentioned, they have been releasing a bunch of the great old classics on DVD. I have been snatching them up as soon as I see them because you never know when they will be gone again!

Good luck with your collection! Our's is insane! I just sold a bunch of my Disney VHS this past weekend in a garage sale. They were all ones that we now have on DVD.

I would have loved to been at THAT garage sale!

I don't mind vhs too much and thx for the "vault" explanation, had no idea for minute lol.

I know people, why don't I just go buy one and get the ball rolling and stuff... I'm not much of a movie/tv watcher but the above choices I could watch over and over.. and I thought Little Mermaid would be on DVD but it makes sense that it's not (not really)..

thx for the input folks! I'll make This Friday (6/3) H-day (hookup day)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast