Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Mouseworld Radio on Android? in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Does anyone know how to stream this on an Android phone? I just got a new phone and can't seem to figure it out....
    Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Mouseworld Radio on Android?

Does anyone know how to stream this on an Android phone? I just got a new phone and can't seem to figure it out. <----No surprise here.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Mouseworld Radio on Android?

Sorry dude, my Mototola flip phone can't stream anything
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lotsamosi is offline A-Ticket holder

I use "A Online Radio"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If it is similar to iPod, you can download the MWR app, or for more options, download the Live365 App, then load MWR.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I also got my first Android phone in the last month. I just did a quick search for "podcast" on the Android Market, and plenty of results came up for podcast players and managers, most of them free. I haven't tried any - but that's where I would start if I were you.

I have a personal aversion to streaming, so when I do get around to it I will probably try to find one that will let me download podcasts to the SD card, and then play them from there. If you have a WiFi capable phone, and a WiFi network in your home, you can probably get them faster this way than over your data plan, and playback will be more smooth, and should also cause your phone to consume less power.

Sorry, I don't know why I assumed it was a podcast.

Did you try just visiting the mobile version of the site? Try m.mouseworldradio.com. I looked at their homepage, and it does say that it can be streamed to Android.

Ah, now I see. Mouseworld Radio appears to be a series of channels on Live365, which in turn seems to be an internet radio platform. So you probably need the Live365 Android app:

https://market.android.com/details?i...mobile.android

Same caveat I gave with the Podcast apps goes here as well - I have not tried this. Also note that is is marked BETA.

Thank you for asking a question that caused me to learn something.

lotsamosi is offline A-Ticket holder

Gatorhead, as I said you can install the App 'A Online Radio', or I actually prefer 'Tunein Radio' and than search for Mouseworld Radio. Hope this helps!

tillerr is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by lotsamosi View Post
    Gatorhead, as I said you can install the App 'A Online Radio', or I actually prefer 'Tunein Radio' and than search for Mouseworld Radio. Hope this helps!
    I agree with the TuneIn Radio suggestion. I use the free TuneIn app to get Radio 1x and then I use the free Live365 app (recently released) to get Radio 1. Sometimes Radio 2 is available but there are limited spots for non Live365 VIPs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Make sure your Android phone can handle more than one window at a time. Some players need a second window to stream a player if something needs to pop up. I had a ton of trouble streaming from certain sites on my non-smart smart phone. It was a basic smart phone that did a lot, but not enough of what I wanted. Usually I download whatever apps I need, and try to stream the rest. Haven't tried Mouseworld Radio separately because I get it through Live 365 on my phone.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Used the Live 365 app for some of the mouseworld radio and it seems to work good. Didn't realize there was an app for it on the android market.

Now to get station 1x, which I assume is the best station?, I'll have to try one of the other options mentioned in the thread. Be nice to know which stations played what somehow on mouseworld radio. Now sure how all that is broken down.

Also looks like there some other good stations out there for Disney music. Any recommendations for any of the others? Something other than just the usual movie soundtrack music etc.?

The only MouseWorld stations I can find on Live365 are 1-4. Four used to be the same five or six interviews streaming all day, and now it seems all they do is stream virtual tours and tours for the blind on there. Whatever. Still something to listen to.

As far as other stations to listen to, I do not know which ones have their own apps for Android. I don't have any Disney apps on my phone. When I need a Disney fix, I use the stations through Live365 (you have to be a paid member, but I use it so often that the $5 a month is fine for me. I prefer park music over movie soundtracks, so those are the stations I search out. Right now I have 35 (just counted them) Disney Park stations on my presets, along with everything else. Some I listen to far more than others, some I have never bothered with, but they're always there, just in case. Again, this is all for Live365.

In searching the Android market, I haven't found many stations at all, unfortunately, with their own apps. Haven't found an app for Shoutcast, either. But overall I'm really happy with Live365, now that they've (finally) released the Android app!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

The TuneIn Radio app get's you Radio 1x which I believe is the Shoutcast station for MWR.

Just downloaded TuneIn and it's alot like IHeartRadio. MouseWorld was buried several layers in and I couldn't find any immediate "search" feature for some reason. Is that the actual 1x that I found or is it just MouseWorld Radio 1? I wouldn't even know the difference, so I'm lost.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Just downloaded TuneIn and it's alot like IHeartRadio. MouseWorld was buried several layers in and I couldn't find any immediate "search" feature for some reason. Is that the actual 1x that I found or is it just MouseWorld Radio 1? I wouldn't even know the difference, so I'm lost.
    It showed up in the initial search I did once I installed the app. It should be 1x you are hearing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast