Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss 1971 WDW Construction film footage in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by mickeytoo Keep it up Disney...all the while, whether they like it or not, a LOT more Guests are starting to notice the issues. From Future World pavilions ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: 1971 WDW Construction film footage

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Keep it up Disney...all the while, whether they like it or not, a LOT more Guests are starting to notice the issues.
    From Future World pavilions like Imagination and WoL, to Norway's Maelstrom it is difficult not to acknowledge. Fantasmic is having all sorts of operational issues, Splash is a mess and ignored until they had to put up safety tarps, Tree of Life safety nets still in place and the list goes on...At least Disney finally finished AoA this year after the shovel was abandoned in the ground for a decade.

I don't need to trash Disney, when Disney leaves attractions to rot and discinegrate before the guests eyes they are trashing themselves. If you want to see real trash, take a peek at River Country that is still hanging around to Rot. Ewe.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I haven't been to the "other" park. Men in Black sounds interesting. I really know very little about the "other" park.
    You're really missing out on some quality stuff.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The congestion to/from the TTC should get a tiny bit better soon. They are building a 3rd bus loop for Guests to go to other parks by bus from there instead of heading to TTC and then transferring to a bus.
    I hadn't heard that but it would be great. I could never understand the whole 'you can't get there from here' mentality of park hopping.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I hadn't heard that but it would be great. I could never understand the whole 'you can't get there from here' mentality of park hopping.
    The new loop will also handle the large capacity double long buses for the resorts that have a huge guest count, like the suites at AofA, POR, CS and POR. Disney seems to want to take the stress off the Monorail and Ferry.

I figure I loose an hour each time I hop. The most painful for me is the boat from Epcot to MGM. I wish they would be like the monorail, a direct boat and a resort loop boat.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

The new loop will also handle the large capacity double long buses for the resorts that have a huge guest count, like the suites at AofA, POR, CS and POR. Disney seems to want to take the stress off the Monorail and Ferry.

I figure I loose an hour each time I hop. The most painful for me is the boat from Epcot to MGM. I wish they would be like the monorail, a direct boat and a resort loop boat.
    Definitely an hour minimum to go from one park to the other, even if from Epcot to Magic Kingdom by Monorail, still an hour.

Definitely an hour minimum to go from one park to the other, even if from Epcot to Magic Kingdom by Monorail, still an hour.
    I don't carry much to the parks, normally just a tiny cross body purse, big enough for wallet, room card, ticket, cash, glasses and phone but off to bag check I must go.

I was able to ride up front when I was a young child and wanted to share the experience with my son. I'm glad your friend is okay. It was a horrible tragedy! Horrible, horrible! The family and the Disney family it must have been and be difficult. Since my intent was to share that experience with my son, I had originally planned to go that day, my birthday, so who knows we might have been riding up front since I would have been determined to ride up front, but I changed my plans and decided instead to wait about ten days later, which we did, of course by that time my son was very concerned at his age then, about riding on the monorail at all given the accident had just happen.

Yes, Tom Sawyer's Island has some extra potential. Would like to see it open at night. could be more caves and more adventurous in probably so many ways.

BG is Busch Gardens. Sorry.

Thanks, I will see if I send them a p.m. to see if they recall anything about the Jungle Cruise.
    Yeah, don't blame your son. It took me two months to get back on a plane after 9/11, Disney of course ruled over my nervousness. How old is the son? Chatting with the Monorail was so much fun. Now the pilots have to be so very bored.

Sawyer could either be something totally different or one of those Disney Quest type adventures that are landing in all of the parks.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Lazy trained seal here with a few more facts...

Again, FLE "Grand Opened" not even CLOSE to finished.
    And, what does it consist of? Pretty much a Mermaid rehash, a restaurant, a meet and greet, a kiddie wet area, one more dumbo, and a roller coaster that who knows how far off from completion it really is.
    Also, go back and check a certain Test Track refurb thread (sorry, too lazy to provide a link or copy/paste) where you poo-pooed any of us who dared doubt Disney would complete it by it's set deadline of last Sept. We all know how that turned out.
    Disney has the biggest PR machine this side of anywhere and it's obvious they snort up their own Pixie Dust with an upturned nose WAY too often these days.
    Keep it up Disney...all the while, whether they like it or not, a LOT more Guests are starting to notice the issues.
    "Ort ort...ort ort..."

Test Track 2012 Update

There it is. Yeah, what a whopping poo poo!

Look, you don't like me. I can live with that. But please stop simply making things up out of thin air and attributing them to me. Fair enough?

Btw, when was the last time Universal built a steel roller coaster with an additional dark ride as a part of it? And how long did it take them to build it?

I almost did that last week during my trip, but couldn't make the walk from France up and around the bridge in time for the boat. Usually I take the boat from the Studios and head towards Epcot, but walk the hotels instead. I do remember the trip being fairly long. Longer than it should be, anyway, considering their proximity. Last week, I'm glad I missed the departing boat because it forced me to go back and get the car, and saved me a considerable amount of time hopping by car for the rest of the day.

Day 1 of my trip report is up, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Days 2 and 3 will be up soon.

i-neighborhood Guest

I don't carry much to the parks, normally just a tiny cross body purse, big enough for wallet, room card, ticket, cash, glasses and phone but off to bag check I must go.
    I usually carry a book bag packed with bottled water and a few snacks, so almost every time we go its bag check.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    "Ort ort...ort ort..."

Test Track 2012 Update

There it is. Yeah, what a whopping poo poo!

Look, you don't like me. I can live with that. But please stop simply making things up out of thin air and attributing them to me. Fair enough?

Btw, when was the last time Universal built a steel roller coaster with an additional dark ride as a part of it? And how long did it take them to build it?
    First, I didn't refer to it as a "whopping" poo-poo; you did. And, if comments like "Negative HG's strikes again!" aren't poo-pooing, then we have a different definition of poo-pooing. Doesn't look like I made that up outta' thin air, to me anyway.
    Also, your post later in the day that TT probably wouldn't be finished 'til just before the Christmas rush further serves to confuse things and only leads me to believe that your "Negative HG's" post was only to get a dig at Gabe.
    As far as me not liking you goes, I really don't know whether I like you or not, but referring to me as a lazy trained seal sure won't help the relationship and seems far more irksome than my comment about your poo-pooing. We've never met in person, but might get along just fine if we did. Or, maybe not. Who knows?
    Which leads me back to my most recent post that originally got your ire up. You, quite often, get your "digs" in on plenty of people on these forums so, in turn, be prepared to be "dug" back and maybe lighten up a little.

This whole thing reminds me of why I'm not a fan of NASCAR or spinner rides...nothin' but just goin' around in circles.
    "Ort ort...ort ort..."
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 01-27-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

First, I didn't refer to it as a "whopping" poo-poo; you did. And, if comments like "Negative HG's strikes again!" aren't poo-pooing, then we have a different definition of poo-pooing. Doesn't look like I made that up outta' thin air, to me anyway.
    Also, your post later in the day that TT probably wouldn't be finished 'til just before the Christmas rush further serves to confuse things and only leads me to believe that your "Negative HG's" post was only to get a dig at Gabe.
    As far as me not liking you goes, I really don't know whether I like you or not, but referring to me as a lazy trained seal sure won't help the relationship and seems far more irksome than my comment about your poo-pooing. We've never met in person, but might get along just fine if we did. Or, maybe not. Who knows?
    Which leads me back to my most recent post that originally got your ire up. You, quite often, get your "digs" in on plenty of people on these forums so, in turn, be prepared to be "dug" back and maybe lighten up a little.

This whole thing reminds me of why I'm not a fan of NASCAR or spinner rides...nothin' but just goin' around in circles.
    "Ort ort...ort ort..."
    So, you're not going to answer my question?

This will be part of my trip report, but the dummy who rode along side me on Soarin' was also traveling solo, from what I heard him telling the woman next to him. The backpack he was carrying was so large that it didn't fit under the seat. What the heck do you have to carry around all day that is so big it can't stow?

This will be part of my trip report, but the dummy who rode along side me on Soarin' was also traveling solo, from what I heard him telling the woman next to him. The backpack he was carrying was so large that it didn't fit under the seat. What the heck do you have to carry around all day that is so big it can't stow?

Maybe he had checked out of his hotel already and had valuables he didn't feel comfortable leaving in his car?

I almost did that last week during my trip, but couldn't make the walk from France up and around the bridge in time for the boat. Usually I take the boat from the Studios and head towards Epcot, but walk the hotels instead. I do remember the trip being fairly long. Longer than it should be, anyway, considering their proximity. Last week, I'm glad I missed the departing boat because it forced me to go back and get the car, and saved me a considerable amount of time hopping by car for the rest of the day.
    That is why I don't understand why they couldn't have an A and B boat, it isn't like Disney just runs one boat.

Day 1 of my trip report is up, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Days 2 and 3 will be up soon.
    I go look for it soon!

I usually carry a book bag packed with bottled water and a few snacks, so almost every time we go its bag check.
    I stopped carrying backpacks other than the day I head home when I was freed from 7 years straight of diaper bags between the kids. I leave the hotel with water or bottled pop and just buy the rest. I also learned when I carried a larger bag someone was always giving me something of theirs to carry. Tiny purse and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    So, you're not going to answer my question?
    I will. Universal Parks FL is building one now, it went vertical pretty much the same time Dwarf did, and it isn't a kiddie coaster either which you are aware of 'cause you read my posts, as second, full expansion to HP land. The expansion will go and will connect between the two parks. Both HP 2.0 coaster and Dwarf are being built at the same time shooting for the same general time frame, both new.

And as far as calling me lazy and not fact checking you were a tad wrong about Story book with

3. FLE was announced September 2009, and will officially open in December. Roughly 40 months using absolutely no existing attractions. Unless you want to count moving Dumbo.
    and seems calling me lazy about facts, well, you seemed to have your facts wrong about Storybook and me being lazy. You underlined it and everything, as if that made it true, not. Actually most attractions and tents were re-purposed in Storybook. Splash area, new.

and
    No, they aren't

This is a point I have challenged you on, with facts, several times and you have chosen not to address it.

They may have more projects going on in a single park, but they are not completing them any faster than anyone else. This is a mythology that I wish you'd stop perpetuating.
    I have several times. I seem to recall you questioning my comprehension skills this week? Interesting.

I'm still waiting to see you support the quickness of Avatar expansion being built since you claim Disney isn't slower than Universal. Avatar announced in September 2011. Current ETA 2017. How does that Avatar timeframe make Disney equal or quicker than Universal? How do you call six years a mythology?

Or that the Wharf was built in a timely fashion? It was announced in November of 2010, Did you find any photo's of that completed? Still waiting. I know, it is another mythology right?

Just because FLE is open does not equate to the expansion being complete when comparing timing to Universals projects. You can attempt to fake Disney timelines with open instead of complete but no matter how it is spun, the Dwarf train isn't open, the Old Snow White is still boarded up and Rapunzel area isn't open to guests so 2014 still seems to be the completion target for FLE not December 2012 premature Grand Opening and ribbon cutting for an incomplete expansion. I know I am perpetuating another mythology.

As for the time frame on Mine Coaster, since Universal hasn't built a new roller coaster since 2000, and it took them 2 years to refurbish that one, I wouldn't crow too much if I were you.
    Lets compare apples to apples here:

Frankly I'll take Universal's way of rehabbing a coaster for HP over a Disney's rehab for FLE. The Great Goofini can't compare in quality to the rehab'd coaster for Harry Potter. Universal Parks wins that rehab for an expansion re-purposed coaster hands down.

And more apples to apples:

Jury is still out if the all new HP new Coaster or the Dwarf new coaster will be crowned the better coaster, both should open in the same time frame. They both went vertical last year and both should be completed by 2014 at the latest. Can't debate which is better until they actually go online. Can't wait to compare new coaster to new coaster.

Thanks. I appreciate your chivalry. I don't mind the the insults really, the comments actually don't make me look ignorant, quite the opposite actually and by the grace of God I'm married to a great man that would never speak to me or other people in that manner, so all is well in Gabe world. DH stopped posting here years ago however he still does get a chuckle or two now and then. I just feel bad for the children on the sight that read stuff like this or are often subjected to it, they are easy targets, they need the chivalry. Boundaries.

What is disappointing is when threads have to be closed by moderators because they tank with editorial, personal insults and digs. That isn't fair to the members who do exercise decorum.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast