Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by supernova Not your fault that you've fallen for the 'convenience' factor. Can't see how using Mears was that much of a convenience. As for me, my wife ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not your fault that you've fallen for the 'convenience' factor. Can't see how using Mears was that much of a convenience. As for me, my wife and I try to get away from the parks, since she loves the outlets. I'm not hopping in a cab for $30 or more each way to points off property. I'd just as soon rent the car for $15 a day and not rely on Mears, cabs, or the Disney bus system to get me where I need to be.
    And that's the everyone should do it?

No. Do what works for you and don't disparage others for doing the same.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Yeah, Disney used to have that, too. At least they can still boast that the largest swimming pool in the world is at WDW.
    Yeah, it is disappointing to see what Disney has evolved the Sea's into. Just waiting for the day Disney finds an excuse to shutter the Sea's and make it into a Wine and Dine/Flower Show building like the WOL. So far they have the Odyssey, Upstairs in Imagination and the WOL for special events, wouldn't be surprised if some bean counter decided the pool, CMs and maintenance wasn't worth it and it became the ugly step sister of River Country.

I like Antarctica from what I can see if I'm comparing to the Disney's Seas, the ride system to me is more elaborate than the Nemo little track ride and there seems to be a full aquarium pool like Disney's Sea's once did in its hay days. Thinking the couple days we will be at Universal next year, we'll pop over to SeaWorld, it's been a while.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Not your fault that you've fallen for the 'convenience' factor. Can't see how using Mears was that much of a convenience. As for me, my wife and I try to get away from the parks, since she loves the outlets. I'm not hopping in a cab for $30 or more each way to points off property. I'd just as soon rent the car for $15 a day and not rely on Mears, cabs, or the Disney bus system to get me where I need to be.
    Pretty easy. We paid $17 round trip for Mears to pick us up from our resort and then called them 30 minutes before we were ready to leave to take us back.

So that's just about the same price as it would've cost us to rent a car for a day without having to drive in a city we weren't familiar with or pay for parking.

I'm glad renting a car works out best for you, but for many people there are other, better options for the way they're looking to spend their vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Pretty easy. We paid $17 round trip for Mears to pick us up from our resort and then called them 30 minutes before we were ready to leave to take us back.

So that's just about the same price as it would've cost us to rent a car for a day without having to drive in a city we weren't familiar with or pay for parking.

I'm glad renting a car works out best for you, but for many people there are other, better options for the way they're looking to spend their vacation.
    We have used Mears for years long before the ME. We use to rent a car when we stayed offsight, few times on sight but for the most part the rent a car lived in the resort lot so we went to ME more often than not. While the resort concierge desk wouldn't arrange for Mears years ago to Universal they sent us to Bell Services, they did and we rarely want to give up the time to leave the property to eat so for our family we don't need a car. Corner Grocer delivers what I want to the resort, I'm not a fan of grocery stores to start with let alone vacations, we mostly order beverages anyhow, I don't enjoy eating in my room on vacation nor do I cook on vacation.

My Sis and BIL always rent a car, they love it. They live in a large urban city where they normally commute via public transportation to work and walk. I think this also plays into some people decisions whether to rent or not. I don't like Orlando drivers, (tourists) so I stick to WDW transportation and will take a taxi here and there if it is more feasible than WDW transportation, $13 isn't out of line when weighed against my overall costs of a vacation to WDW. Plus I like a vacation from driving too, out here I have to drive everywhere, no choice. But now my favorite way to travel Orlando is to get a resort room at Universal with their great perks, Mears over to WDW for the balance of our trip. Next year thinking I'm going to seriously think of lopping over to SeaWorld for a while while we are staying at Universal, there is a 'special' from Mears that will haul us over there.
    supernova likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post

Yet you left out the most important part.

Having to go pick up the car, AND return it.

More time out of your day for $2 less.

Not worth it, IMO.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Double true, Scott!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yet you left out the most important part.

Having to go pick up the car, AND return it.

More time out of your day for $2 less.

Not worth it, IMO.
    Doesn't sound like you've rented a car lately, or at least from MCO. Very easy. You drive in, they check the gas and you're out of there, receipt in hand printed on their portable belt-clipped printer. No time lost at all.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Nope, but we returned our car there in December. Was as easy as you state. But so what? Some folks don't want to bother with it at all. It's a completely different set of potential headaches when $2 more for a bus is far more convenient.

All Ears is reporting-

SeaWorld Orlando has introduced a new tour called "Penguins Up-Close"! It is a 45-minute walking tour behind the scenes at Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. Animal experts talk about what it takes to care for the penguins and an opportunity to interact with and touch the penguins.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

I personally have no problem being "locked" in the Disney bubble for a week or so. Absolutely love ME and I have no desire to venture out of the bubble and certainly have no desire to rent a car, drive or even figure out how to get from here to there etc.....The few times we have stayed off property we usually regreted it so now we find any we can to stay on property even if it means spending more $$$. To me it's just worth it.

Have to watch the video later as I am supposed to be doing some work right now. ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    I personally have no problem being "locked" in the Disney bubble for a week or so. Absolutely love ME and I have no desire to venture out of the bubble and certainly have no desire to rent a car, drive or even figure out how to get from here to there etc.....The few times we have stayed off property we usually regreted it so now we find any we can to stay on property even if it means spending more $$$. To me it's just worth it.
    You're making it sound as if it's outside your abilities or comprehension. It's like saying "I have no desire to drive outside of my own neighborhood because I wouldn't know my way around."
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

You're making it sound as if it's outside your abilities or comprehension. It's like saying "I have no desire to drive outside of my own neighborhood because I wouldn't know my way around."
    You're absolutely correct and that's the way we like it. Personally I don't want to comprehend anything else when I'm down there. I want to be Disnyfied when I'm there. In the bubble and no where else. (of course something could always change and I will keep everyone posted if it ever does)

Believe me, we've done our fair share of driving around Orlando/Disney over the years and we have no desire any longer to continue with it. I grew up going to Disney when I was kid back when it was just the MK and 3 resorts. Just a hop, skip & a jump from Jacksonville so we've been around that area quite a bit. Nowadays, we just like to fly down(not from Jacksonville of course), no driving, and let Disney take care of the rest. That's what we're paying them for so we take full advantage of whatever "perk" Disney is offering.

You're absolutely correct and that's the way we like it. Personally I don't want to comprehend anything else when I'm down there. I want to be Disnyfied when I'm there. In the bubble and no where else. (of course something could always change and I will keep everyone posted if it ever does)

Believe me, we've done our fair share of driving around Orlando/Disney over the years and we have no desire any longer to continue with it. I grew up going to Disney when I was kid back when it was just the MK and 3 resorts. Just a hop, skip & a jump from Jacksonville so we've been around that area quite a bit. Nowadays, we just like to fly down(not from Jacksonville of course), no driving, and let Disney take care of the rest. That's what we're paying them for so we take full advantage of whatever "perk" Disney is offering.
    VERY nicely stated!

Hey Mike, put THAT in your prison bus and smoke it!

I can respect that. We did just that for well over a decade when our kids were small. I too have been visiting since the Kingdom opened and DL before that. When my kids were young and my DH and I both had demanding careers our 2 week annual trips were our sanctuary. We didn't listen to news, my DH read the sports page and that was it from the outside world, we enjoyed being shut-ins at WDW. But when my son was small there was only 2 parks at Disney and we stayed offsite with a car. We did explore everything else around and we did enjoy ourselves. My whole childhood we spent 4-6 weeks in Florida every spring so I was very use to soaking in all Florida had to offer, but slowly Disney did swallow up everything else. I did find it bittersweet 'cause I love Disney but sad for the Easters I would never spend at the Kapakok Tree Inn and other things we did do in Florida over the years.

My first school board conference in Orlando had me at the Portifino at Universal for 5 days. We had a trip for a week for spring break planned at Disney immediately following my conference. My kids were preteen and a highschooler that had hundreds of days at Disney Parks under their belts already. As I looked at what the Universal Parks had to offer I took the kids out of school early for Spring Break, DH and the Kids joined me at Universal before our Disney Vacation and they were up for a new experience. And we were sold. My kids loved the diversity between the competing parks. The hotel we stayed at is themed beautifully and the rooms were beyond beautiful, views spectacular. They didn't leave Uni property (I had to for my conference) and they remained in that Uni bubble for those days and pool hopped too as that is still allowed on Uni property. The kids as resort guests enjoyed the perk of front of the line, endless amounts of times during the day and night. Then we went onto our Disney Vacation. This is now the pattern for our vacations, 2 bubbles. But next year it will be time to wiggle out of the Uni bubble and add a sneak peak at Sea World too. But for the most part our vacations are the same, we just have two bubbles instead of just one bubble.
    supernova likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    VERY nicely stated!

Hey Mike, put THAT in your prison bus and smoke it!
    I can't help it if you two are both extremely closed-minded. Kool Aid has been finished off, and suddenly it's OK to be held hostage on property? Of course not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast