Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Originally Posted by Gatorhead More then likely when our son gets older we'll have to venture to alternatives for the thrill rides and other experiences outside of Disney. But for ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    More then likely when our son gets older we'll have to venture to alternatives for the thrill rides and other experiences outside of Disney. But for now my family is all content with Disney and it seems to be just around the right speed.... if ya know what I mean.
    I get that and respect that, kinda what I had posted several posts above, we did the same thing when our kiddos were small, that work for us too.

Get the idea you get where I am coming from too. I actually don't have a vested interest if anyone visits WDW, Uni or SeaWorld, well actually I am a stockholder of Dis but you know what I mean. The thing that is hilarious to me as an example is the awful reviews of Harry Potter expansion by Fanboys that haven't even stepped foot into the expansion yet speak with such authority. It makes me giggle.

Uni wasn't exactly my cup of tea in the early years and certainly not when I had young children, it had been a thrill park and not much for my young kids. That has changed dramatically and the expansion in 2014 will bring even additional family attraction unlike when my children were small. Our revisit many years later was an eye opener to the changes that vastly improved the Uni parks. I credit Disney tongue and cheek with the sucess of Harry Potter expansion as they were former Disney Imagineers that Disney fired after Epcot and Tokyo were complete and they had a glut of excess imagineers. They found employment with Uni. You can see the Disney style imagineering that Uni lacked previously.

Disney too has also had their fair share of originally mediocre parks in their early years, DHS, AK and on the West Coast, especially the California Park. Even Disney Paris has come a long way over the years. Like I said they all have their fair share of blunders. Any corporation can put out a dog of a park and fix it. If my DD was young again, in a heartbeat I would have hired a Towncar to take her to Legoland. She was obsessed with Lego's, had enough to fill a room, she would have been in heaven when she was young to visit Legoland and I would have indulged her.

Have a great trip.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, I tried to be nice but all I can say is who really gives a dayum where or how you spend your vacation? I certainly couldn't give a flying flip about where anyone goes while in Florida, or in your city, neighborhood or wherever the heck you're going and how you do it.

And last time I checked this was a Disney forum. I come on here every blue moon to see if I can offer up some insight or advice to help others out that might be traveling to Disney. Sometimes I post questions or start threads myself. Not to get into a tiff about how and where you spend your vacations.

Some of these folks, like Supernova, need to pull the stick out of their butt and quit being so uptight. Or either try drinking some sweet tea. I hear that's not a hot commodity up North but down here in the South we like to drink our sweet tea, relax and plan our next Disney trip!
    Post of the year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe
    I get that and respect that
    Actually, no you don't, and no, you don't. And you have made that perfectly clear with many of your statements here, and in other threads. Everything he just stated is what many others, including myself, have stated in the past and has garnered your "Disney fanboy" label.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Some of these folks, like Supernova, need to pull the stick out of their butt and quit being so uptight. Or either try drinking some sweet tea. I hear that's not a hot commodity up North but down here in the South we like to drink our sweet tea, relax and plan our next Disney trip!
    How does someone suggesting that people expand their horizons mean that they're uptight? Sounds like it's the exact opposite, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    If I wasn't irritated with the conversation I'd say "well played".
    It also doesn't mean that, because you're there to whale watch, you shouldn't take in a Red Sox game (OK, actually non one should ever take in a Red Sox game) or visit the harbor or whatever else there is to do in Mass. But you get the idea.

At the end of the day, it's all in good fun. Most of the members here aren't drawing a paycheck from any of these parks (which is a good thing, because I couldn't afford to live off Disney's slave wages).
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Whale watching doesn't last all day. Nor are you ever going to plan a multiple day vacation around whale watching.

SeaWorld has reported that now that the Penguins have become accustomed to their new habitat and routine that the penguins have stopped jumping from their habitat for the most part and have seemed to learn the difference between guests and their trainer/caretakers so the most of the time the training nets have been removed and guests have the opportunity to get up close to the penguins once again.

Antarctica continues to draw huge crowds daily and the queue line is usually 2 hours long. The guests seem to favor the nighttime version of the the attraction. Since the ride opened in May SeaWorld has made multiple changes to the trackless attraction, there is a mild and more wild version of the ride. They also change up the programming of ride. The beauty of the 21st century trackless attraction is the ride can continue to change which was exactly the flexibility designers and engineers had intended.

The Blue Horizon Whale and Dolphin theater refurbishment has been completed and the bonus to the refurbishment was a baby dolphin was born and has been a big draw to the updated theater.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    SeaWorld has reported that now that the Penguins have become accustomed to their new habitat and routine that the penguins have stopped jumping from their habitat for the most part and have seemed to learn the difference between guests and their trainer/caretakers so the most of the time the training nets have been removed and guests have the opportunity to get up close to the penguins once again.

Antarctica continues to draw huge crowds daily and the queue line is usually 2 hours long. The guests seem to favor the nighttime version of the the attraction. Since the ride opened in May SeaWorld has made multiple changes to the trackless attraction, there is a mild and more wild version of the ride. They also change up the programming of ride. The beauty of the 21st century trackless attraction is the ride can continue to change which was exactly the flexibility designers and engineers had intended.

The Blue Horizon Whale and Dolphin theater refurbishment has been completed and the bonus to the refurbishment was a baby dolphin was born and has been a big draw to the updated theater.
    Thanks for the update! Getting more and more psyched about my upcoming trip this December!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

To see penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    To see penguins?
    Even worse. To stand in a d@mn two hour line to see Antartica. I might get there a bit later in the day so that I can see it during the day and at night. Rather than try to spend a whole day at Sea World.

The ride didn't look terribly interesting in the ride-through video. But to be fair, I don't think any dark ride could.

I figure I'll give it a shot. I've passed on Sea World for quite a while and it's time to give the park another shot. Things HAVE to have changed from the simple aquarium it was way back when you and I were kids. Today, they've incorporated rides and all, creating more of a theme park than an aquarium. But hey, if Disney can have it's zoo in Animal Kingdom, let SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment have its aquarium.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I figure I'll give it a shot. I've passed on Sea World for quite a while and it's time to give the park another shot. Things HAVE to have changed from the simple aquarium it was way back when you and I were kids. Today, they've incorporated rides and all, creating more of a theme park than an aquarium. But hey, if Disney can have it's zoo in Animal Kingdom, let SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment have its aquarium.
    It has been a while since I've been there and I enjoy sea life creatures. My kids really enjoyed it when they were younger before thrill rides kicked in. They liked the original Sea's at Epcot but the aquarium in Epcot isn't what it once was, but I understand why the tiny folk like Nemo but SeaWorld will likely impress me easily over Nemo. There are many ways to acquire discount admission too. FYI AK also had the two sided fish tank stuffed with small fish out on the trail. Woot!

I have a soft spot for Dolphins, SeaLions and Penguins so likely I will walk away happy. I want to see the Penguins at night though.

I saw penguins at Busch Gardens a few times. I suppose they're cool, but not terribly exciting.

I keep hearing how enjoyable a show Flights of Wonder is. But somehow I can never bring myself to watch it. I pass it all the time, check the time schedule, and I either find myself having just missed it on either end, or it's done for the day. Yet as much as I intend to see it, I don't feel as if I've cheapened my AK experience by not seeing it on a visit. Maybe if I do catch it one day, it'll prevent it from being a 1/5-day park.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I keep hearing how enjoyable a show Flights of Wonder is. But somehow I can never bring myself to watch it. I pass it all the time, check the time schedule, and I either find myself having just missed it on either end, or it's done for the day. Yet as much as I intend to see it, I don't feel as if I've cheapened my AK experience by not seeing it on a visit. Maybe if I do catch it one day, it'll prevent it from being a 1/5-day park.
    I enjoyed it, once. Ha ha! It's really not that bad and not too terribly long but it's always nice to know you can watch a little animal stuff and then leave out of there and go do something completely different.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I enjoyed it, once. Ha ha! It's really not that bad and not too terribly long but it's always nice to know you can watch a little animal stuff and then leave out of there and go do something completely different.
    Honestly, it doesn't look like a bad show. And I'm not one to sit through shows. But of all the shows throughout WDW, that's the one I'd stop for. Like you said, I'll probably stop and check it out, and if I get bored, I'll duck out through one of the tarps.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast