Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; Antarctica is opening at SeaWorld and as I've been looking at photo's and video today. My first thought was this could have fit in nicely into AK as a family ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom

Antarctica is opening at SeaWorld and as I've been looking at photo's and video today. My first thought was this could have fit in nicely into AK as a family attraction. I really like these vehicles that many parks are going to and that they hold 8 passengers for pumping up the load per hour and moving away from the track family attractions.
    I really like the queue inside and the after ride attraction area.

A few attractions like this AK would help draw in families into the park who's children can't do thrill attractions yet like Everest, Dinosaur or Kali.

Spoiler YouTube

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Wishing Antarctica was in Animal Kingdom

Personally, I don't wish this was in Animal Kingdom at all. Just another reason for the dummies who insist on being handcuffed and locked into Disney property because they'd rather take the free bus instead of renting a car to realize that there's more to central Florida than Disney. And some MUCH cooler stuff, too. Magical Express riders don't deserve to experience this stuff anyway.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Honestly, Mike. Enough with the prison bus spiel. You don't like Magical Express. We FRIGGIN GET IT ALREADY!

It's too bad Disney has a monopoly on information. Just think what would happen to their business if there were a large network of computers that people could use to research their vacation and discover there are more things in central Florida than WDW. Right? Is that what you have to make yourself believe?

Back here in reality the internet exists, and people are free to do as much or as little research as they wish. I realize it's sacrilege to those who believe WDW is just some old broken down clip joint, but most folks actively CHOOSE to spend their entire vacation at WDW. There, I said it.

Deal with it.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Oh, and HG I pretty much agree with your assessment. Those ride vehicles do look really neat.

Not really blown away by the ride, though. Looks like a bit of a throwaway dark ride, similar to our Little Mermaid ride.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Personally, I don't wish this was in Animal Kingdom at all. Just another reason for the dummies who insist on being handcuffed and locked into Disney property because they'd rather take the free bus instead of renting a car to realize that there's more to central Florida than Disney. And some MUCH cooler stuff, too. Magical Express riders don't deserve to experience this stuff anyway.
    You know me pretty well, I'm one that appreciates other resorts and theme parks. Just thinking it would have fit well into the pretty barren AK, a park without many attractions for the young, non thrill rides. Our first trip with my DS to Disney we hit Sea World. He too learned to bounce around the Orlando area to other theme parks, I just need to be able to dream that someday more will go into AK, so not my favorite park. Out of the two Universal and 4 Disney Parks, AK is 6th on my list.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

At the end of the ride there is the finale where guests disembark, empty into the window area where you can view live penguins in their pool or through glass underwater along with a land habitat behind the water.

Yesterday one little penguin jumped out of the water over the glass wall and into the spectator area and seemed to be enjoying interacting with the guests, eventually handler arrived plucked him up and plopped him back into pool.
    Cute.

Penguin jumps out of exhibit at SeaWorld|Action News - Jacksonville News, Weather & Sports - ActionNewsJax.com

Awesome. Build a brand new exhibit and already there is a major safety concern for the animals housed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Awesome. Build a brand new exhibit and already there is a major safety concern for the animals housed in it.
    At least the penguin wasn't dead. Disney has had its share of animal issues too. I can't fault Sea World or Disney, like other zoo's they do their best. Disney had so many issues with their new zebra exhibit that finally they very quietly closed the zebra exhibit, gone are the zebras. Disney tigers have died off and they now have about half of what they use to. It happens.

April 12, 1998
    But as the April 22 opening nears, it is precisely the park's zoological nature that is the focus of attention after the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced last week an investigation into the deaths of several animals, including two rhinoceroses, two hippopotamuses, four cheetah cubs that were poisoned and a pair of West African crowned cranes that were run over by a tour bus.
    For an entertainment company renowned for its tight control over marketing and visitors, as well as its attention to detail, the negative publicity over the animal deaths has been a rare public relations debacle.
    "Because it's Disney, people think animals shouldn't die," said Rick Sylvain, a Disney spokesman. "But deaths happen."

I know, I was channeling my inner you.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    At the end of the ride there is the finale where guests disembark, empty into the window area where you can view live penguins in their pool or through glass underwater along with a land habitat behind the water.
    Yeah, Disney used to have that, too. At least they can still boast that the largest swimming pool in the world is at WDW.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm not really too impressed by what I've seen if Antarctica. The ride is REALLY short, for as much hype as it's gotten and as long as people are probably standing in line... If I was off the vehicle in 3 minutes I think I'd have an aneurism.

The land around it is beautiful though. Maybe Disney could've done a better job with the ride.

As for ME riders, my wife and I used ME for the convenience of it and we were still able to break out of our shackles and hop the electrified fences around the Disney property to make it over to Universal with just a little bit of research the day of using Mears.
    Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 05-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Mo Noyz likes this.

Hahahaha...

Congrats, Stew! Must have been scary dodging that gunfire from the towers!

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

It was a little...

But the most embarrassing thing was checking in with the guards when we got back on property, Butterbeer mugs in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    As for ME riders, my wife and I used ME for the convenience of it and we were still able to break out of our shackles and hop the electrified fences around the Disney property to make it over to Universal with just a little bit of research the day of using Mears.
    Not your fault that you've fallen for the 'convenience' factor. Can't see how using Mears was that much of a convenience. As for me, my wife and I try to get away from the parks, since she loves the outlets. I'm not hopping in a cab for $30 or more each way to points off property. I'd just as soon rent the car for $15 a day and not rely on Mears, cabs, or the Disney bus system to get me where I need to be.

Good lord, Stew. I hope you had your papers!
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 05-30-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast