Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Multimedia - Video, Music and Sound Files Discuss How to post a thread with embedded sound in the Multimedia - Audio, Video, Photos and more! forums; I love to enjoy sounds from the parks! They remind me of things that I have done or want to do, trips past, and trips planned for the future. If ...
    Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up How to post a thread with embedded sound

I love to enjoy sounds from the parks! They remind me of things that I have done or want to do, trips past, and trips planned for the future. If you have a sound file and would like to create a post with that sound embedded here is one way to do it.

First you must host the sound file (wav file, mp3 file etc.) on your webspace somewhere. I wouldn't recommend linking to someone else's sound file that you find somewhere because you will be using their bandwidth every time someone views the thread. Then you use the following html code in your post:

"<"bgsound src="http://www.parkhopper.homestead.com/files/spaceship1.wav" loop="1"">"

I put quotation marks around the < and > notations at the beginning and end of the code, otherwise it executes the code and is not visible in the post and starts playing the spaceship1.wav file. Eliminate the quotations around the < character at the beginning of the code and around the > at the end of the code to make it play properly. Substitute the web address of your file inside the quotation marks after the src=. The number inside the quotes after the loop is the number of times that this sound will be played. I hope this is clear enough, but if it isn't let me know and I will try to help.

I look forward to more sound threads in this forum!
    Last edited by Parkhopper; 07-01-2004 at 09:47 PM.