Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Other Disney Parks Discuss Planning for Disneyland Paris in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; My wife and I are finally going to do it. Next year we plan to go to Disneyland Paris. Unfortunately, there isn't as much rock solid info like their is ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

Planning for Disneyland Paris

My wife and I are finally going to do it. Next year we plan to go to Disneyland Paris. Unfortunately, there isn't as much rock solid info like their is for WDW. I'll gladly take any personal planning help, but can someone direct me to a great planning/guide book or website?

Thanks in Advance. We can only afford to do this once, and I don't want to mess it up.
    Dreams Never Die!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We were there a couple of years ago. My dd did most of our planning; i.e. hotel. We took Euro star from London to Paris and then took local trains to DLP. Our initial plan was to stay in Paris and go to DLP for a day. We didn't know we could take Euro star to DLP front gate.
    DLP is smaller, area-wise, and it's simply a walk across the parking lot to get from Magic Kingdom to Studios.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

alpop is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've found this too that every one seems to create load of sites about WDW and forget about the others. HKDL and Tokyo Disneyland are even worse.

Anyway as far as websites go I'll start off with
    Disney Links - The start

I've been to DLRP a couple of times. When I went last time we stopped at the Disneyland Hotel, which was amazing. Huge rooms and an excellent location.
    When we go back I think we're going to try the Newport Bay Club.

Other sites that can gove you a good guide are
    DLRP Magic! - Disneyland Resort Paris at the click of a mouse! (EuroDisney) (Disneyland Paris)
    they also have a review site, which has hotel, attraction and restaurant reviews.

alpop is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    We were there a couple of years ago. My dd did most of our planning; i.e. hotel. We took Euro star from London to Paris and then took local trains to DLP. Our initial plan was to stay in Paris and go to DLP for a day. We didn't know we could take Euro star to DLP front gate.
    DLP is smaller, area-wise, and it's simply a walk across the parking lot to get from Magic Kingdom to Studios.
    Sorry for the double post.

Although the actual site is smaller...... I believe that the Disneyland Park (Their Magic Kingdom) is larger!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Maybe we just thought it seemed smaller. It rained all three days we were there so we were in quick-mode at all times.
    The Disneyland Paris Hotel looked fabulous. I wish we could have stayed there.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Stitch_PR is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi FigmentMushu:

Me and my Hubby went to DLP on July 07. I can tell you that the information that I got was from the official DLP site. First tip, with the dolar being less valuable than the Euro everithing is more expensive. If you don't have a BIG Budget you should stay in one of Disney's Good Neighbor Hotel. They offer you free transportation to and from the parks plus with the room key they let you participate of the Magical extra hours (for us was Disneyland opening to hours earlier for Disney Resort Guests) We stayed @ Hotel L'Elysée Val D'Europe It was perfect!!! It's located across the street from the train station that takes you to/from the airport, plus!, is across the street from the Centre Commercial Val D'Europe, which has a supermarket, a lot of variety stores and most important, a Disney Store!!!

When we arrived to Paris we took the RER Train (Line A) from the CDG Airport and we got off on the stop called Val d´Europe station. It was like a 35 minute trip. This train leaves every 10 minutes so it's very convenient. When we got off the train we just walked across the street and the hotel was there. They gave us an itinerary of the transportation to/from the hotel and Disneyland and that was it! also, if you wanted to stay later, and the buses had already stoped gaving service you could take the train from the Disney station and get off in the Val d´Europe station.

Disneyland Paris is the biggest of all the Disneylands/Magic Kingdom. Walt Disney Studios is pretty small and is still a work in progress. We bought a 2 day park hopper (you can buy it when you arrived or by using the Disney Site). The way we used it was 1 full day @ Disneyland and 1 morning till 3:00 pm on WD Studios and then we returned to Disneyland. When you go to WD Studios make sure to arrive very very early... There are 2 new rides, maybe 3 depending on the date you go (Hollywood Tower of Terror is being constructed as we speak and maybe it opens early 08) and people go crazy to ride this attractions. YOU HAVE TO RIDE Crush's Coaster. It's amazing!!! So, go early, RUN, and be the first to get there. We rode it 1 time only because the line was 3 hours long. We arrived really early and where the seconds to get inside... when we got out the line was 3 hours. The Cars attraction is ok for a little kid, is not worth the wait.

Disneyland is very different and big. The Space Mountain: Mission To Space 2 attraction is really wild (is a full blown roller coaster). The Pirates land is awesome and the attraction is one of the best I have seen.

There is no way you can plan your day inside the park. You have to choose a low attendance and good weather season. And always have in mind the high attendance attractions. You can't miss the Indiana Jones Roller Coaster, Hunted Manor, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, ETC...

Well, I have many things to say to you but I have to get back to work!!!
    Feel free to send me a message and I will answer you ASAP!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    LOVING DISNEY SINCE 1981

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Wow, thank you so much Stitch for all your info. Right now is just about Christmas so my focus has been pulled towards that, but I'll be making frequent return visits to your post by the New Year. Really helpful stuff.

(And thanks to the rest of you as well. alpop's links are bookmarked in my computer.)
    Dreams Never Die!

Beaky is offline A-Ticket holder
    My husband and I just got back from our 4th trip to DLP-we are annual passholders currently living in London (we are americans) and we love getting a taste of disney across the pond! We got home last night after staying at the Holiday Inn, near property. This was our first time staying off property and it was half the price and a really nice Holiday Inn-the rooms were modern and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in!! It's only a 2 minute free ride to the parks from the hotel (transporatation supplied to all guests).

We have also stayed at Sequioa Lodge (eh, just ok) and New York Hotel-loved it!!! and we are dying to try the disneyland hotel-it's literally in the park!!! DLP is tricky when purchasing hotel and tickets. The Disney hotels won't allow you to book room only unless you have an AP and they tell you to go through expedia if you want room only (don't know why but they are horrible to deal with). There is a phone number to call the UK and the US and france-I have only spoken to the UK number and the french (I prefer to speak to the french-they were more helpful).....

As for the parks temselves, TOT opened this weekend so the studios is a full half day park now! With three great rides and a handful of great shows-it's getting better! As for the Magic Kingdom park, while it's not as ride heavy as say Disneyland in Anaheim, or as big as MK, i think it has the best rides of the three-Phantom Manor, Big Thunder and Pirates are all better here than anywhere else...and Space Mtn is second to the one in Anaheim....the park itself is big and beautiful....I think it's the most stunning of all the parks as well. We have been there during really busy times (Xmas and July) and we went during Halloween-the best time to go is beginning of October when crowds are low but halloween decorations are up-they have the best halloween themed park! But if you go during low times, the park closes really early-sometimes as early as 6 PM...so if you try to go in the middle of October you might get later park times but a little more crowded...we loved it in early october-you can do the whole park in 3 hours and there are no lines!!!!

As for getting there-we either take the direct Eurostar from london that lands you on the front doorstep of DLP or we have flown as well. You would probably fly I am guessing-into Charles de Gaulle-take VEA bus to get to DLP from there...not the RER! We have taken the RER (just did it yesterday as our eurostar was not direct-we went from paris this time). And while the RER is easy-it can be a little scary and if you are flying it is much more convenient to take the VEA bus....it will take you right to any hotel in the area. If you take the Eurostar from London-go direct-it is worth being hassle free! And obviously if you are going to visit paris than the RER is the only option-it's easy and does take you directly to the main train station (Val de europe that the previous poster talked about is not the main station in front of the park) Marnee le valle is the main station.

anyway, if you have any questions i am happy to help as well-I consider myself an "expert" as it only takes one or two visits to figure this park out! I highly recommend going!!
    -becca

Beaky isn't just an assistant, he's a world traveler! Here he is studying the ruins of Pompeii!