Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland Paris trip report by Mini-V in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; The photos are great V, the one of the Disneyland hotel over the entrace has made me want to go back so much, time to start looking into possible dates....
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    The photos are great V, the one of the Disneyland hotel over the entrace has made me want to go back so much, time to start looking into possible dates.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Rather than go on to day 3, I'll stop to add some comments about the Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. There are about 10 floats with a good variety of characters from Disney flicks on board. I'd never seen a float for "the evil characters" before except during MNSSHP. This one was really good. The music is very catchy, and DH consented to buy a copy of a cd with both the parade version and an instrumental version. I've been putting our 400+ pics in order (total not just the parade) and put together the music with the parade pics. It has helped me extend the magic for a few more days.

Unlike at WDW, I only saw guests riding in the parade in WDS.

I don't think I mentioned that I fast talked DH into hopping on the Disneyland Railroad after the parade. Standing up on the loading area was colder than standing in a meat locker and it took forever for the trains to come. I hadn't thought about how cold the open cars would be to ride in when I made the suggestion. We'll keep this experience in mind when we get to WDW and avoid the trains in cold weather.

I had hoped to take a ride on a horse-Drawn Streetcar as well, but they weren't running. It seemed like every time we saw the other two vehicles that run on Main Street, they were going in the opposite direction from where we were headed, so I didn't get to ride those either.

I'll try to get some parade pics added today.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Photos of the Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade have been posted here.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...howgallery.php

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    The photos are great V, the one of the Disneyland hotel over the entrace has made me want to go back so much, time to start looking into possible dates.
    DH had looked into staying there, but they wanted twice as much for a room there as in the Sequoia Lodge. I never did get to walk into the hotel just to see what it was like.

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Mini-V, love the report so far and the pics, sorry about the weather. I love hearing about the similarities and differences between the parks. Looking forward to the rest of the report.
    DH had been keeping tabs on the weather, so it didn't come as a complete surprise. It was a shock to the system though. Most of the time we were lucky enough to undercover when the skies let loose. I understand the weather in London while we were gone wasn't much better, so we would have experienced it either way. There was an ice skating rink outside the New York Hotel, but we felt it was too cold to go skating. I'm sure DLP didn't need refrigeration to keep the ice solid. In fact, most morings we saw ice on the stairs and walks or salt that had been put down earlier. I think my dd has a deal with her director that if it gets that cold in Orlando she's taking the day off.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I saw your pics Virginia and they make me want to go there so much more!! Thanks for sharing! And sorry the weather was bad.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Day Three - Easter Sunday
    We started our day with a continental breakfast in the lower level of our hotel. I usually don't have much more than cereal on any given weekday, so cereal, milk, orange juice, and a croissant suited me just fine. We were usually in and out of breakfast in 30 minutes or less. Each morning, we had a time to appear for breakfast so that the number of people coming at one time was staggered. It worked well.

We took advantage of our EMH again and headed to Disneyland. After 4 games of Buzz Lightyear, we began to gather some confidence. We usually did the ride back to back with little to no wait time. By the end of our four days, I think we racked up 8 games and finally rose to Level 4! (OK, so those of you who hit that ages ago...give us a break.) We still thought we were doing pretty good.

I talked DH into riding the teacups with me. His idea of riding the teacups is to turn slowly....round and round. I'll take dd with me next time so we can get some real turning action.

At 9:30 AM, we headed to Walt Disney Studios to get a head start on getting in line for Crush. We figured out their opening times; they let people into the park around 9:30, but the rides don't open till 10:00AM. This day, the line for Crush was twice as long as it had been the day before, but we knew that once the cue actually opened, we'd be facing about a 60 minute wait. Generally, the lines all day on Sunday were significantly longer and the crowds, even with the nasty weather, were sizable. Probably not a big surprise since it was a holiday. (Loved Crush...again.)

We took in Animagique; a live-action show with Mickey and Donald. Cute, but not the most riveting show I've attended. Little kids would like it, though the show is in a dark theatre. Nothing scary or loud.

We found ourselves in the right place to get a good view of the Disney Cinema Parade. There were no ropes to line the route. CMs just positioned guests outside large plaques on the ground. I had a great view for the parade till a pushy woman shoved her children right in front of me. They sat on the ground at first, but as soon as the parade started, they stood up and my view was nearly obliterated. The Disneyland parade was much better.

The parade ended and we headed back to Disneyland to attend the 2:30 English version of The Legend of the Lion King. I remembered the show to have more actors and more animals than the show we saw this time. I could be wrong, but dh seemed to feel the same way.

We headed over to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril ride, but once seeing it, we decided 1) it was way too cold to ride an open air roller coaster, and 2) we remembered it from the last visit and realized it wasn't a ride for us anyway.

Time for a popcorn break! When you're expecting regular, salty popcorn and it turns out to be carmel popcorn, the flavor just isn't quite right.

Back to POTC. Always a winner, and the line was about 25 min.; long compared to the 10 min. wait we'd been having.

We checked out Alice's Curious Labyrinth. DH doesn't like being "lost" so we didn't spend much time here.

We had reservations for the Parkside Dinner at the NY Hotel, so we headed back to our hotel to regroup and warm-up before a short walk to the NY.

In my research, I found the Parkside Dinner and thought it would be interesting to eat there, but later discounted it. Then, gave it a second look. Well, I should have thought back to WHY I discounted it. The decor was cute, but it was not the place for getting a thick juicy steak. The menu was buffet! The food was ok, and we got enough to eat, but the other two dinners we'd eaten previously this trip far out shown this meal. It was all but a few Euros the same price too!

We checked out the decor in the NY - very Nouveau. The NY has several HUGE convention rooms, but a very small shop. The NY also has an ice rink out front, but it was WAY too cold to think about skating after walking the parks all day.

Back to our hotel and our comfy bed.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    sorry to hear that day three wasn't as nice as the other days. Thanks for sharing!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post

mini-V, I can't access the pics, not sure what's wrong. That's a shame about the rude people at the parade, I hate when that happens. But the worst is no regular popcorn
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here is the correct link to Mini-V's photo gallery: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...31&ppuser=5667
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Miss Virginia! I love reading this. I so should have been there too!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Love your pictures! What's with the wall/fence thing in front of the castle?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Miss Virginia! I love reading this. I so should have been there too!
    Yes, you should have!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Love your pictures! What's with the wall/fence thing in front of the castle?
    What looks like a wall, is actually the front of a stage area that was built as part of their anniversary celebration. We didn't see it in use, so I'm not sure what program is presented there.

Pat, thanks for repairing the link to the photos.

I wouldn't say that any of our four days was anything less than we had hoped. The weather certainly kept us on our toes, but the crowds were lighter than I expected for a holiday weekend.

We both felt that there were more French, English speaking, and Italian guests this time. Last time we felt as though the park was located in Spain.

Day four and our train back to London coming up.

Our last day - day 4
    We started our day with a continental breakfast in the hotel. In and out.
    DH managed to lock us out of our room as we left for breakfast. He'd done so well up till that one time.
    We checked out of our room around 8:30 and left our bags at a bag drop near the game room. We didn't have to leave for the Eurostar train till 5:30 PM, so that gave us nearly an entire 4th day in the parks.

With all our practice of playing Buzz Lightyear, we finally made level 4. With this new found confidence we headed to WDS to ride Crush one more time. I followed that up with TOT, but DH sat that one out. After going to Cinemagic again, we headed to Disneyland.
    POTC was a 10 min. wait, as was Phantom Mansion. Near the entrance to Adventureland there is an Aladdin walk-through display. It reminded me of a very unexciting window display in Macy's Christmas window.
    In a short-sighted decision, I talked DH into riding Autopia. As we began getting closer boarding, the heaven broke loose. It started as a mild shower, grew in no time to harder rain, and then turned to heavy, wet snow! As we got in the car, I realized the seat was soaking wet. With nothing to use to dry the seat, and no time to use it if we did, we sat down. Ugh! We stopped for hot cocoa to try to warm up. It tasted good, but didn't do much to dry our butts.
    We headed back to the hotel to dry out a bit and warm-up before heading out for the train. I picked up a conversation with a cm in the hotel. I'd been wondering if DLP has a tunnel like that used in WDW. His English was quote good, but I had to resort to drawing pictures to get my point across. I finally decided that there is no tunnel.

We had about a 30 minute wait for the boarding doors to open, but traveling my train is certainly a lot less stressful than by plane. Once our tickets and passports were checked, we were asked to line up our bags along a wall in another waiting area. We watched as a police dog sniffed all the luggage. We all were cleared without a problem.

We moved directly from the second waiting area to the train and found our seats. The train left about 20 minutes late due to a problem in the tunnel, but otherwise the ride went fine. Eurostar serves dinner on real dishes with real silverware and a free glass of wine or champagne with your meal. A bit of class for the traveler without having to be in first class.

We had a great vacation. We enjoyed being able to slip between the hotel, Disneyland and Studios without having to board other transportation. Our four full days were plenty to do everything we wanted. Three might be enough for anyone to see and do it all, but it was nice to have the luxuary of that 4th day. I highly recommend visiting Disneyland Paris if the opportunity arises. About the only thing we didn't get to do, which we had looked into, was to take an evening tour of Paris. That tour isn't offered until the end of March. It not difficult to take a train into Paris and do some things there, but we were happy enough to stay at DLP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast