Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Other Disney Parks Discuss Tokyo Disneyland TR, Fri, Aug 7, 2009 in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; TDL is very crowded. Arrived about 1 hour after park opening, and everywhere is crowded. At first I thought, oh well, won't be able to do much. Saw wait times ...
    Shelemm is offline A-Ticket holder

Tokyo Disneyland TR, Fri, Aug 7, 2009

TDL is very crowded. Arrived about 1 hour after park opening, and everywhere is crowded. At first I thought, oh well, won't be able to do much. Saw wait times posted of 60 mins to 120 mins for many rides !!!!!

I was wrong. First of all, FP system here works like a dream. Separate lines, waiting areas for most rides means that FP sends you really to the front of the line, absolutely no waiting. We managed, through careful use of the FP system to do almost everything in the park. It's a beautiful park and most attractions seem to be just a tiny bit better here than the US parks. Or maybe just in better condition. One bonus is the live outdoor stage show is great. It really puts Beauty and the Beast in HS to shame.

The other bonus is Whinnie the Pooh. This is a great ride, using 'new' technology that is outrageously silly and fun. Normally the most popular ride in the park, and deservedly so.

One minus: The new Monsters Inc. Ride. Brand new ride with extremely long lines. We weren't going to do this, thinking that it was just a copy of the Monsters Inc Ride in DL. But at the end of the day, it was 8pm, the Electrical Parade was cancelled because of inclement weather (I imagine this happens often in the summer), and we had done everything in the park. So we waited for the ride. Posted wait time was 150 minutes. We hoped it wold be shorter. Our interest was aroused by the fact that it is advertised as a Hide and Go Seek ride using flashlights, maybe some kind of new technology? Since Whinnie the Pooh was so cool, we figured that this would be sensational.

We wound up waiting two hours. Far longer than I would have imagined I would ever wait for a ride. But we figured we had nothing left to do, and that we may never be back.

Turns out the ride is completely lame. Not nearly as good as Roger Rabbit. The flashlights are a lame gimmick as far as I could tell. I don't think they do anything. To add insult to inury, the queue for this is the worst in TDL. Alot of the wait is outside, and then the inside is just plain boring. All during the day, we saw these fantastic queues that we wouldn't mind waiting in, and then finally when it's time to wait, it turns out to be a dud. My guess is that in a year from now, this ride will be walk-on all the time.

TDL is gorgeous and the rides are tip top. Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall is a beautiful if expensive place to eat, but go there before the lunch rush. This is the only inefficient part of TDL, and the line here is very slow moving. The Pizza Factory-style place inTomorrowland is very cool. Great themeing and worth going into, even if you don't eat there.

Ultimately, though, there's little here you can't get in the US. Admission price is much lower than in the US for two days. Plus they give a youth discount, so my DS (14) got in at a reduced rate.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Tokyo Disneyland TR, Fri, Aug 7, 2009

Thanks for the report.