Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Other Disney Parks Discuss shark fin soup in the Disneyland and Other Disney Parks forums; simple.. plate A: delicous plate B: nasty...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service
    simple..

plate A: delicous

plate B: nasty

I've been visiting peta sites and watching "Meet your meat" videos, and am ashamed I love meat so much.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I just do not understand what makes okay it for one culture to indulge on one animal but it's wrong for another. I'm not saying that I would ever eat a shark (though it probably tastes like chicken) what I am saying is why killing a shark is any different than hanging a chicken from it's feet to send it through a machine that will slice it's neck, letting it dangle w/ it's head still attached by a string of skin and letting it bleed to death?? People just become adapted to their own cultures. I don't see people in America boycotting Disney because they serve chicken fingers......

ps... I do eat chicken... because it is tasty!!!
    whoops. my point already has been brought up.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think the bottom line for me is the way the sharks, specifically, are handled. Slaughtering an animal in a slaughterhouse may not be exactly nice, but at least the killing is quick and the whole animal is used. Catching a shark, cutting off its fin, and throwing it back to die is cruel.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Actually, Slaughter houses are not a quick killing.. here is a little something from another web site explaining the killing of your average ckicken.. read if you would like but you may find it more disturbing than slicing off a shark's fin....

"From December 2004 through February 2005, a PETA undercover investigator worked on the slaughter line of a Tyson Foods chicken processing plant in Heflin, Alabama. Using a hidden camera, he documented the treatment of the more than 100,000 chickens killed every day in the plant.

What the investigator saw was truly horrifying. Birds were frequently mutilated by throat-cutting machines that didn't work properly; one bird had her skin torn entirely off her chest. Workers were instructed to rip the heads off birds who had missed the throat-cutting machines, and our investigator was told not to stop the line for missed birds. Plant employees were seen throwing dying birds around just for fun.

PETA's investigator also witnessed numerous birds who were scalded alive in the feather-removal tank while they were still conscious and able to feel pain. Plant managers told him that it was acceptable for 40 animals per shift to be scalded alive, and no one was reprimanded when far more than 40 birds suffered this fate during any given shift."

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    This is an emotional issue to some people so let us end the discussions right now while we are still in the civil mode.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    meat......mmmmmm, death never tasted so good!

in Vietnam they eat cobras. saw it on Food TV, pretty cool. they slice it open and drain the blood, and drink it, then eat the still beating heart while the whole thing is diced and wok'd up.

now that's Good Eats!!!!

and, just my 3 cents, shark fin soup is a delicacy in asia, much like having truffles, caviar, escargot (sp?), etc., served for the "upper class".

next week, i'll talk about the show on PBS in which i watched them prepare cat in China, dipping it into the deep fryer, yum yum!

*wonders where everyone has ran off to

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    meat......mmmmmm, death never tasted so good!

in Vietnam they eat cobras. saw it on Food TV, pretty cool. they slice it open and drain the blood, and drink it, then eat the still beating heart while the whole thing is diced and wok'd up.

now that's Good Eats!!!!

and, just my 3 cents, shark fin soup is a delicacy in asia, much like having truffles, caviar, escargot (sp?), etc., served for the "upper class".

next week, i'll talk about the show on PBS in which i watched them prepare cat in China, dipping it into the deep fryer, yum yum!

*wonders where everyone has ran off to

I must have missed those!! haha.... I am in no way a PETA person.. I just wanted to have everyone realize that different cultures do different things.. Nothing makes one culture wrong and another one right!!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Nothing makes one culture wrong and another one right!!!
    sure it does! i'm normal and it's everyone else that is screwy!

once everyone in the world realizes that my way is the only way, we'll all be much happier. now, go shave your pets, smear the pancake batter on grandma and follow me........

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    sure it does! i'm normal and it's everyone else that is screwy!

once everyone in the world realizes that my way is the only way, we'll all be much happier. now, go shave your pets, smear the pancake batter on grandma and follow me........
    I will have to try that one... Would it be appropiate if I posted the pics of these actions??

I will have to try that one... Would it be appropiate if I posted the pics of these actions??
    do you mock me?

NO SHARK FIN CAT DOG SOUP FOR YOU! (Seinfeld reference)

Would it be appropiate if I posted the pics of these actions??

only until I add a book to it..

could the problem be, that sharks are not as umm... cultivating as livestock? Though treatment of livestock is whole different issue, I don't think we'll be running out chickens and cows anytime soon. Specially with today's demand.

though I could be wrong, and shark pastures could've already been invented.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    could the problem be, that sharks are not as umm... cultivating as livestock? Though treatment of livestock is whole different issue, I don't think we'll be running out chickens and cows anytime soon. Specially with today's demand.

though I could be wrong, and shark pastures could've already been invented.
    -Claps-
    You've nailed the issue right on its head, congrats. This was essentially the point I was trying to make, but wasn't able to get the wording out properly.
    Last edited by 20K; 06-30-2005 at 01:32 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Another point - Did anyone else hear about how they're planning to resolve the issue? Apparently they're going to handout leaflets detailing how the fins are obtaned with every bowl. Now is that marketing or what?
    Last edited by 20K; 06-30-2005 at 01:31 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast